Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    Kirk to Blackpool, another one of our flops failing upwards... 

I'll wait for Colin to confirm at about half 5.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    MattF said:
    Could we go for a swap for Ethan Robson who has just been recalled from a loan spell at MKD?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    If the club can get a fee to get more players I'd be okay with this.
  • Options
    It would be ideal for everyone to have him move on and recoup as much of the £500,000 as possible.
  • Options
    Fantastic.

Get rid, just another 10 or so to go.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    How has he been attracting interest? He hasn't done anything!
    Sh!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't Bowler one that was poopooed in the summer for not being good enough/young enough/Exeter enough/hungry enough...... 
  • Options
    Articles states that Forest selling Johnson to Brentford will lead to about 5 transfers in a chain. The lower we are in the pyramid the more we have to wait for this to happen before we can sign anyone. 

Think people forget this when they are disappointed that we’ve not made 5 signings on day 2 of the window. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think they just made it permanent, which is strange as he was sent back to Crewe at the start of
    the window.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Seen nothing in Kirk to suggest he'll be successful. Get 400k for him and recoup some losses.
  • Options
    Still think there's a player there with Kirk , but if Blackpool are offering a reasonable fee I'd take it and look to reinvest in a wingback if that's going to be the shape. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think they just made it permanent, which is strange as he was sent back to Crewe at the start of
    the window.

That was unusual , unless they were playing hardball over the fee and quickly came to an agreement. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Articles states that Forest selling Johnson to Brentford will lead to about 5 transfers in a chain. The lower we are in the pyramid the more we have to wait for this to happen before we can sign anyone. 

Think people forget this when they are disappointed that we’ve not made 5 signings on day 2 of the window. 
    Thing is its not day 2......but day 18. More days gone than there are left. 

• Options
    Kirk was a panic buy & one to appease the frustrated fans. He wasn't going to work in Adkins formation as he likes an overlaping fullback & certainly not in Jacksons where he is asked to do both jobs !!

He will probably come good somewhere as his Crewe form shows he's a decent player at this level. If we had bought him in June & given him a full pre-season to gel with his team mates then it might have worked out. But it seems that fans of many many years standing know jack shit & we should trust a black box, a director of football who's now moved sideways & the owners son. 

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Croydon said:
    Because he's a better player than he's shown while here. Blackpool probably see an opportunity to pick up a talented player at a cut rate price.
    Exactly. Personally find it very frustrating that he's attracting interest and will, more than likely, go on to be a half decent Championship player that we could only dream about in just a few months.  
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Croydon said:
    Because he's a better player than he's shown while here. Blackpool probably see an opportunity to pick up a talented player at a cut rate price.
    Exactly. Personally find it very frustrating that he's attracting interest and will, more than likely, go on to be a half decent Championship player, that we could only dream about, in just a few months.  
    Yup - I would only be agreeing to a loan at this point.

A move back up that way could be exactly what he needs to get his mojo back. Either he does well and his value shoots up ahead of the summer, or he doesn't get much game time and we're back to square one on what to do. What I definitely wouldn't be agreeing to is a six figure fee loss in 4 months.
    A loan would be absolutely perfect actually , if he goes on a run of form back in tandem with Owen Dale and looks like the player he was at Crewe then it's a win win all around. 

Definitely wouldn't be accepting £200k or something