Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    So either an u21 or we’re close to moving someone else on. Think it’s unlikely we’ve simply removed a player from the registered squad.
    Davison, Kirk and Gunter have missed our last 2 matchday squads, I'd be surprised if at least one of them didn't leave or go on loan this window
    Yes, I thought the same, especially Kirk & Davison.
    They must be looking to move them out or they would have been in the squad.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    So either an u21 or we’re close to moving someone else on. Think it’s unlikely we’ve simply removed a player from the registered squad.
    We can do that though within the transfer window I believe. I think you have upto 24 hours before each match to update the squad list so it wouldn't be an issue if we have around 24 players now and then just finalise the 22 at the end of January. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

• Options
    RedRobin said:

Leko on a permanent...
    Is that a guess? Wouldn’t be too upset plus frees up a loan spot. I rate Leko just not a striker. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Kirk…
  • Options

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    RedRobin said:

Leko on a permanent...
    Is that a guess? Wouldn’t be too upset plus frees up a loan spot. I rate Leko just not a striker. 
    Just a guess, def not ITK, but could see that happening, he's def a marmite player, I don't understand a lot of the negatives.. B)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    RedRobin said:
    We are close to another according to Cawley 
    It’s Terry Skiverton. He’s signing as a player rather than Assistant Manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Kid from Tottenham coming in 
    Colleague of mine told me we were getting Kion Etete. Turns out he confused Charlton and Cheltenham.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Who?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Chris Powell doing us a favour.

About time, what's he ever done for Charlton?
  • Options
    Knowing us, it's the one who tried to kill Danny Drinkwater 
  • Options
    Actually, looking at our target positions and who isn't already on loan, there's a very strong chance it's Alfie Devine (aka Drinkwater's Nemesis)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Tottenham as in born in North London or from the Spurs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    looked through all their squad lists, no-one called Kid.
    Must mean Son 
  • Options
    Didn't someone mention Nile John the other day? Young attacking midfielder that might fit the bill
  • Options
    Just had a revelation: John would make more sense than Devine; he's a year older for a start. Now crack open that seal...
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

Another transfer which is Close 🤔
    Millwall, Dartford, Welling United, or even closer Meridian sports, Charlton park lane.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Who?
    Billythe 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

Another transfer which is Close 🤔
    Millwall, Dartford, Welling United, or even closer Meridian sports, Charlton park lane.
    Like it. Forward thinking for the level we are aspring to play at,  by the looks of it!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Loan or permanent?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    cabbles said:
    It was interesting to read Gallen’s comments re: signing Aneke and looking for other players.  He used the words we have the spine of the team.  I know that’s open to interpretation.  I take it to mean the players that play through the centre, but it could also mean, we have 7/8 of the players we build the team on for next season, we just need 3 or 4 more.  

I’m a bit worried re: either interpretation if I’m honest.  He makes a good point re: not having to bring 13/14 players in over the summer as that’s very hard, but I do wonder if Jackson/Gallen etc think we are not far off from building a squad/team that can get us out this league.

Personally, I think we’re miles off, others may not.  

the ‘spine’ of this team doesn’t inspire me that we have the necessary talent to get out of this league next year.  

We’ve seen how beleaguered we’ve looked in the last few games.  So much so, we see the likes of Morgan return when it seemed to me, we’d all pretty much written him off.  

Long way to go until next season of course, but I worry about the fact there may be a disconnect between what we’ve got, and what we think wr need 

Seeing as we only have 1 senior defender signed up for next season, and a total of 11(?) players out of contract/ end of loan I fecking hope Jacko, Skivo, sando and Gallo don't think we only need 4 more 😅
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I hope we don't make Leko permanent at any time, just not good enough.
    Completely disagree. He has great potential & is at a young age where he will develop and get better….perfect project for Jacko.

He hasn’t been at his best lately but nor have the whole squad.

He’s literally the only player in the squad that can beat a player. Plus the fact that he can play upfront or out wide will be a bonus to the smaller squad size we will limited to going forward.

Out wide is definitely where he is best and when he goes back to starting there you will see the Leko you saw at the start of the season.