Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    Rylo said:
    Croydon said:
    The Chuks news is like when a girl announces she's pregnant on her social media. All the comments from girls wanting to prove they've known the longest! 
    Chuks is pregnant? Brilliant, he’ll be on maternity leave soon…
    McGillivray had the baby the other day. Chucks doesn’t want paternity leave and Mcg is going to be a stay at home mum. 
  • Options
    Rylo said:
    Croydon said:
    The Chuks news is like when a girl announces she's pregnant on her social media. All the comments from girls wanting to prove they've known the longest! 
    McGillivray had the baby the other day. Chucks doesn’t want paternity leave and Mcg is going to be a stay at home mum. 
    I KNEW something was going on between those two! I knew before anyone else by the way. 
  • Options
    Rylo said:
    Rylo said:
    Croydon said:
    I KNEW something was going on between those two! I knew before anyone else by the way. 
    It was mentioned bt the Plymouth press last week
    You have got "people" there to?  What a small world. 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Squad needs a big shake up this month if possible, too many players going through the motions yesterday.
    You don’t do shake up in Jan .. the players are not available 
    So you don't rate Aneke?
    Aneke was not on our list .. only when the Birmingham board offered him to us on Thursday things changed after we had bid turned down for another ex player 
    Why do you make everything up?
    Presumably, you're so desperate for the attention that you don't mind everyone laughing at you?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Squad needs a big shake up this month if possible, too many players going through the motions yesterday.
    So you don't rate Aneke?
    Aneke was not on our list .. only when the Birmingham board offered him to us on Thursday things changed after we had bid turned down for another ex player 
    Presumably, you're so desperate for the attention that you don't mind everyone laughing at you?
    You do realise he won’t answer you CE.
    On his own admission, posted on ‘the forum who’s name shall not be spoken,’ he’s just on here for a wind-up.
    For the life of me, I can’t fathom out why he’s not been banned by admin?
  • Options
    On his own admission, posted on ‘the forum who’s name shall not be spoken,’ he’s just on here for a wind-up.
    Not just him though, theres a couple of attention seeking wind up merchants hiding behind their laptops.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    So you don't rate Aneke?
    Really? I thought he was a challenged individual, which is why I was annoyed at the abuse he was given.
    If he is here for the wind up he is not very good at it which seems strange, but I accept your greater knowledge of the position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen Miguel Azeez has been recalled by Arsenal, Gallen mentioned he was one were interested in during the summer but Pompey had pipped us to it. Might be one we will look at again. 
  • Options
    I'm led to believe we are in talks with Crewe about Charlie Kirk going back there on loan until the end of the season. Sticking point is wage contribution. Their upper limit is 2k p/w and we want more like 3k. Seems to be a feeling from all parties that it was the wrong move at the wrong time.

I'm not really sure how Crewe would plan to use him as they currently play a 3 at the back system with wingbacks, similar to us, so there's no natural place for him. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022

We had him on trial for ages last season, we let him go and now have Pape Souré instead.

He’d be perfect in the LWB role and has had a great season so far. It will be interesting to see where he’ll go.
  • Options

We had him on trial for ages last season, we let him go and now have Pape Souré instead.

He’d be perfect in the LWB role and has had a great season so far. It will be interesting to see where he’ll go.
    He was a fringe player at Bristol Rovers last season, so mysterious why Preston and big L1 clubs are suddenly interested in him.
  • Options

He was a fringe player at Bristol Rovers last season, so mysterious why Preston and big L1 clubs are suddenly interested in him.
    Must be having a good season with Northampton?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    “There are other bits and pieces – not just about the financial side and the budget – a certain amount of players in the squad and then we have to come under budget, as well, with regards to the Football League. We’re under right now, so there is potential for a bit of movement.

I thought the wage cap rules had been removed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

He’d be perfect in the LWB role and has had a great season so far. It will be interesting to see where he’ll go

I’ll get me coat 
    And turn around….
  • Options

Young, strong and very quick - he has all
    the attributes to be a top wing-back. It usually only takes one breakout season for the bigger teams to take a gamble on a cheap youngster. 

Having a quick look it seems injuries stopped him playing at Bristol Rovers, as well as a red flag in his medical which halted a long-term deal. Thankfully that seems to be behind him and he’s having a good year.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    So either an u21 or we’re close to moving someone else on. Think it’s unlikely we’ve simply removed a player from the registered squad.
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    I'm led to believe we are in talks with Crewe about Charlie Kirk going back there on loan until the end of the season. Sticking point is wage contribution. Their upper limit is 2k p/w and we want more like 3k. Seems to be a feeling from all parties that it was the wrong move at the wrong time.

I'm not really sure how Crewe would plan to use him as they currently play a 3 at the back system with wingbacks, similar to us, so there's no natural place for him. 
    How much us Kirk being paid by us ? .. 3K a week is just a contribution ? .. so he's likely being paid well in excess of £160,000 a year ..  if so that is just ridiculous
  • Options
    I've watched a few highlights of him and seen all his goals this season.  He's pretty quick and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time.  Has often netted a tap in as a result of terrible defending but a few from range too.  Looks pretty strong and able to hold off a defender.  Scores with either foot too.

He takes their penalties but has missed 2 this season

From his heat map he doesn't venture much outside the centre of the pitch so not likely to drift about much

10th most shots in the National League and 7th most touches in the box reiterating that's where he does most of his work

Doesn't feature much in the passing rankings and has 1 assist to his name

It's a possibility his stats are good because the players around him create lots of chances and he converts them rather than individual brilliance and my question would be can he create something out of nothing if we are not able to get him service.  I'm not convinced and would need to watch his entire involvement in a match situation

• Options
    edited January 2022
    RedRobin said:

Leko on a permanent...