Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Croydon said:
    How has he been attracting interest? He hasn't done anything!
    Because he's a better player than he's shown while here. Blackpool probably see an opportunity to pick up a talented player at a cut rate price.
    Exactly. Personally find it very frustrating that he's attracting interest and will, more than likely, go on to be a half decent Championship player, that we could only dream about, in just a few months.  

this... I would not sell him. The kid clearly has a lot of tallent, just isnt showing it at the moment. If we change formation and play 4-2-3-1, he would be one of my first picks for out wide. Give him a run in the team in his proper position and i think it would be a different story
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    because he an excellent player his stats are second to none... think we will regret this one... championship sides interested perhaps we should be looking to get the best and the potential out of him for Charlton... not giving up on him just because a change of system 
     I like him from what little I have seen of him, but his stats are second to many, especially at this level. 
  • Options
    Watch him leave Charlton and come back to spank us on every occasion.

can’t TS let him leave for nothing and then buy him 6 months later for a million
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Croydon said:
    Because he's a better player than he's shown while here. Blackpool probably see an opportunity to pick up a talented player at a cut rate price.
    Exactly. Personally find it very frustrating that he's attracting interest and will, more than likely, go on to be a half decent Championship player, that we could only dream about, in just a few months.  
    Yup - I would only be agreeing to a loan at this point.

A move back up that way could be exactly what he needs to get his mojo back. Either he does well and his value shoots up ahead of the summer, or he doesn't get much game time and we're back to square one on what to do. What I definitely wouldn't be agreeing to is a six figure fee loss in 4 months.
    I said above could we swap him for a player in a position that we need ?

As well as Ethan Robson who I mention above the (former Doncaster) left back Reece James has not played regularly for the Tangerines.
  • Options
    Kirk was a panic buy & one to appease the frustrated fans. He wasn't going to work in Adkins formation as he likes an overlaping fullback & certainly not in Jacksons where he is asked to do both jobs !!

He will probably come good somewhere as his Crewe form shows he's a decent player at this level. If we had bought him in June & given him a full pre-season to gel with his team mates then it might have worked out. But it seems that fans of many many years standing know jack shit & we should trust a black box, a director of football who's now moved sideways & the owners son. 

Did we panic last January when we tried to sign him.  I have never worked out where he was going to play in Bowyer's formation, or actually what Bowyer's formation was by then. 
  • Options
    Watch him leave Charlton and come back to spank us on every occasion.

can’t TS let him leave for nothing and then buy him 6 months later for a million
    I'm sure he will do really well. His stats at Crewe when he hit his stride were crazy. He's barely played for us, mostly for Adkins where everyone was absolute tosh and under JJ he's been a wingback and none of our wingers have shined in that role. 

He's a very good player and I don't see that, when he has been on the pitch, he's done anything to deserve the rubbishing he's getting on here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Kirk was a panic buy & one to appease the frustrated fans. He wasn't going to work in Adkins formation as he likes an overlaping fullback & certainly not in Jacksons where he is asked to do both jobs !!

He will probably come good somewhere as his Crewe form shows he's a decent player at this level. If we had bought him in June & given him a full pre-season to gel with his team mates then it might have worked out. But it seems that fans of many many years standing know jack shit & we should trust a black box, a director of football who's now moved sideways & the owners son. 

Did we panic last January when we tried to sign him.  I have never worked out where he was going to play in Bowyer's formation, or actually what Bowyer's formation was by then. 
    Can't argue with that!

I'm surprised we went after Kirk (rather than DJ it seems) when we had Millar as that's surely where Kirk would have played, albeit in a slightly different way. 
  • Options
    When you dudes gave Charlie Kirk 1, 2, or 3 on the players scores I thought Charlie played in the number 10 position or the attacking midfield position; am I wrong as didn't watch the game ?

Can't remember which game but he definitely got the lowest scores I had ever seen for a Cafc player.
  • Options
    Kirk nailed on to score double figures in the championship if we sell, the charlton way. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Croydon said:
    not really been given a chance though has he and when he has it was when the whole team was playing poorly and then add in that we are now playing a system into which he doesn't fit. If we are using that system going forwards the it seems best for all concerned, especially Charlie himself, that he moves on. Plus I expect he would relish a chance to play in a higher division and nearer to his family.
    My initial comment was more tongue in cheek, in part due to his lack of minutes.

He'll no doubt go on to be successful elsewhere, perhaps Charlton and London just isn't a good fit for him. 
  • Options
    Kirk may have been successful at Crewe but he is so far off what we need right now. No pace, can’t beat his man and has no left foot. Why on earth would we want a left winger that has those attributes ? Shift him on , anything over 400k back from his fee and we are laughing 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Croydon said:
    Yup - I would only be agreeing to a loan at this point.

A move back up that way could be exactly what he needs to get his mojo back. Either he does well and his value shoots up ahead of the summer, or he doesn't get much game time and we're back to square one on what to do. What I definitely wouldn't be agreeing to is a six figure fee loss in 4 months.

We can buy him back in 6 months for 900k
  • Options
    Weren't Blackpool rumoured to be interested in the summer? Perhaps they've been tracking him for a while.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Can't argue with that!

I'm surprised we went after Kirk (rather than DJ it seems) when we had Millar as that's surely where Kirk would have played, albeit in a slightly different way. 
    I think we wanted both, remember there was another winger half way down the m1 as well.  Millar played 4 different positions, in 4 different formations in his first 3 halves with us.   Doesn't strike me that a lot of these players are signed because the manager wants them.

I said it before and got laughed at but Jackson has gone from potentially not getting the job twice to being the most powerful manager in a decade.  Good luck to him, its the way it should be. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Can't argue with that!

I think we wanted both, remember there was another winger half way down the m1 as well.  Millar played 4 different positions, in 4 different formations in his first 3 halves with us.   Doesn't strike me that a lot of these players are signed because the manager wants them.

I said it before and got laughed at but Jackson has gone from potentially not getting the job twice to being the most powerful manager in a decade.  Good luck to him, its the way it should be. 

From what I recall we made a bid in the morning for Kirk , but then some agent shenanigans blocked that , then had Josh Morris ready to sign but then got DJ last minute and didn't sign Morris 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Croydon said:
    because he an excellent player his stats are second to none .. think we will regret this one .. championship sides interested perhaps we should be looking to get the best and the potential out of him for Charlton .. not giving up on him just because a change of system 
    Yes, he is a great player on paper.

Unfortunately the game is played on grass.

One thing you can say is that he has been consistent

ly shit
  • Options
    Belv said:
    We're not going to change the way we play or formation just so Charlie Kirk can play.
    No, but we might change it if it's been "found out" or is otherwise not working for some other reason.

• Options
    An unintended consequence of the squad rules is that clubs can't afford to be patient with signings if they've maxed out their squads.

Whereas previously we may have just let Kirk settle in and accept that he wouldn't play much this season, with the squad number rules in place doing that will take up a squad place which the manager might want for somebody else.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Kirk to Blackpool, another one of our flops failing upwards... 

I'll wait for Colin to confirm at about half 5.
    Wow he’s really put himself in the shop window!!!!
  • Options
    There was some talk of Marquis coming to us on a short loan from Pompey…..he has gone to Lincoln.