Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    But not the penguins
    Are they artic or antartic penguins 🐧?
  • Options
    Put the penguins 🐧 in jail !
  • Options
    That was a good laugh, next weeks should be interesting.
  • Options
    My son Just said he pushes the doorbell like he's firing someone :-)
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    McBobbin said:
    But not the penguins
    Are they artic or antartic penguins 🐧?
    Articulated
  • Options
    I agreed with the decision by the experts. The prison game had an excellent lead character and promo video, giving you something to work with, whereas the other game was awful. What are you meant to do with these saved animals if the ArCtic has melted anyway? And killing humans doesn't exactly set a good moral example either  :D
  • Options
    By some margin this is the least talented group ever on The Apprentice. 

Not a single lad has/had anything about themselves whatsoever and now most of them have gone and the women are coming more to the fore they are proving to be not much better.

The series is entertaining because of it I guess, although each week seems slightly less so as you simply expect the stupidity now.
    Akshay is probably the worst contestant I've ever seen. I wish they could actually have genuinely talented people on it
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    By some margin this is the least talented group ever on The Apprentice. 

Not a single lad has/had anything about themselves whatsoever and now most of them have gone and the women are coming more to the fore they are proving to be not much better.

The series is entertaining because of it I guess, although each week seems slightly less so as you simply expect the stupidity now.
    My company has employed in recent years tons of these types, hair brain fools who have no experience yet think they can tell you what to do, and how you do your job. 

Youngsters get too much praise and promoted too quickly, and you cant appraise them as they really are in case you hurt their feelings. Rather than a boot up the jack and a reality check, which would really do them a world of good.
  • Options
    We're having articulated penguins for dinner tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't it most likely that he gets rid of people based on their business plan submission?

I mean of the three in the boardroom, if one has the next big invention in tech in their plan but has just had a massive nightmare in a task, he wouldn't sling them out and pass up an investment opportunity, would he?
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Isn't it most likely that he gets rid of people based on their business plan submission?

I mean of the three in the boardroom, if one has the next big invention in tech in their plan but has just had a massive nightmare in a task, he wouldn't sling them out and pass up an investment opportunity, would he?
    Absolutely spot on, I am sure this is why some get fired before others that are far more worthy of the sack.

It was fairer when it was a prolonged job interview, now it’s The Dragon’s Den whilst  jumping through hoops!

Still entertaining though, and it gives me an unusual feeling of superiority every week, which is always a nice boost!😉

• Options
    Cloudworm said:

I thought the same when the format changed but then you get to the finals and the very best business plans that come out are for a baker's or a dentists etc. Hardly massively exciting / big business.
  • Options
    Idiots and mistakes make more entertaining viewing!
  • Options
    Now that the prize is Sugar investing in the winner's business surely the series should concentrate on all the candidates' business plans in much more detail rather than looking at only a few in the penultimate programme.  Most weeks the set task is pointless as it is way beyond the skills and experience of the candidates, so they are bound to fail them cringeworthily badly.  The present depressing bunch seem to have talents only in talking themselves up.

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    You've arcticulated that very well.
    You could say he is on a roll!
  • Options
    Is it me or does this year the scenes of them in the cars driving to the task seem to be on a green screen background?

Am I mistaken or is it a Covid filming thing or just the different people carrier style cars being used ?

Whatever it all feels more ‘set up’. 
  • Options
    I bumped into a few minutes of this by mistake. I expect I was waiting for the news. Jeez what a pile of dog shit. I can't believe anyone watches it.  Some of the morons on the show! Wow! And that was just Sugar and his crew.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    I bumped into a few minutes of this by mistake. I expect I was waiting for the news. Jeez what a pile of dog shit. I can't believe anyone watches it.  Some of the morons on the show! Wow! And that was just Sugar and his crew.  
    That’s why people watch it, it’s car crash TV. I have employed hundreds of people in the 30 years I had my own business and would not trust any of the numpties on this show to make the coffee.
  • Options
    Good to see 5 people working for two whole days and making the princely sum of £100.  Right person went for me
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Finding it hard to like any of the candidates, is this just me? Glad Amy went last night but before then think they have been picking the wrong people. 

No stand out really, are they normally such a bad bunch? I haven't really watched it much in the past other than the odd episode. 

Spoiler: Any of the bottom 3 could easily have made a good case to go in fairness
  • Options
    Finding it hard to like any of the candidates, is this just me? Glad Amy went last night but before then think they have been picking the wrong people. 

No stand out really, are they normally such a bad bunch? I haven't really watched it much in the past other than the odd episode. 

Spoiler: Any of the bottom 3 could easily have made a good case to go in fairness
    I agree. It's hard to get into this series because they're all useless and unlikeable. 

I also wish they'd go back to the old format where it wasn't about their 'businesses' and they were just competing for a job.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I agree. It's hard to get into this series because they're all useless and unlikeable. 

I also wish they'd go back to the old format where it wasn't about their 'businesses' and they were just competing for a job.
    Chunes said:

Presumably, Sugar wanted a share of any new business profits, as opposed to more people working for him.
  • Options
    Least likeable cast since the show began.

Wouldn't trust them to sort out a cutlery drawer effectively.  If these are the supposed future captains of British industry then UK plc is bang in trouble.

Not a fan of Brady and even Tim (who I loved as a candidate back in the day) is grating my tits with the affected eyebrow raise shenanigans they all do.

Sugar is king tit n'all and his one liners are so shite he could be the main writer for a mainstream BBC sitcom.

That aside I'm enjoying the series and wish the remaining candidates all the best.
  • Options
    It is a fun format to watch. If they were competent, it would be boring. 
  • Options
    The 4 lads left in are all abysmal, every one of them could be fired every week.

The 5 women are ok without any stand outs where there have been one or two in previous series.

They have all shown flashes of common sense and all had daft moments.  Remember the TV cameras will focus on the daft moments and they are all out of their comfort zones much of the time.  For me, Harpreet has probably edged it to date.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I would say Akeem and Kathryn seem like nice enough people. Akshay is an absolute chancer, and that Aaron has one of the most gormless faces I've ever seen. Glad Amy went last night, she was extremely irritating, although her loud haler work was unintentionally hilarious. I'm really not convinced any of the girls are significantly more competent than the boys.

These tour guide episodes are always a car crash. I do feel a bit sorry for the teams, though, because how is anyone supposed to become an expert on slate mining with 3 hours notice? I've been to that slate mine, and I have a degree in geology, but I would do no better than Akeem did. It's absolutely inevitable that anyone who got put up as the "expert" tour guide was going to end up looking a right chump as soon as anyone asked a question more complicated than "Is this a slate mine?".

Sugar was at it again though - "It's dangerous to put yourself forward for a task that you're not qualified to lead" as if a) the room was bursting at the seams with former tour guides, and b) any other fucker put themselves forward. Also, do they have an upcoming task planned involving selling pajamas online, otherwise exactly when will she be the perfect PM for the task? Meanwhile Amy gets fired for not putting herself forward as PM for a task she has no experience in.

Would love to see him and his two cronies put through some of these tasks in fields they know eff all about. They'll stand there and criticise saying the teams didn't do this well, or that well, but rarely actually explain how they think it should be done. I'm nearly 20 years into my career now and have reached a comfortable level of middle management that lets me interact with junior staff and senior management at a company that is doing well and is well run. What that has really made me realise is that nearly everyone, no matter how controlled and successful they appear to be on the exterior, is winging it to some extent or another on an almost daily basis. I guess just some people have better natural instincts than others.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I would say Akeem and Kathryn seem like nice enough people. Akshay is an absolute chancer, and that Aaron has one of the most gormless faces I've ever seen. Glad Amy went last night, she was extremely irritating, although her loud haler work was unintentionally hilarious. I'm really not convinced any of the girls are significantly more competent than the boys.

These tour guide episodes are always a car crash. I do feel a bit sorry for the teams, though, because how is anyone supposed to become an expert on slate mining with 3 hours notice? I've been to that slate mine, and I have a degree in geology, but I would do no better than Akeem did. It's absolutely inevitable that anyone who got put up as the "expert" tour guide was going to end up looking a right chump as soon as anyone asked a question more complicated than "Is this a slate mine?".

Sugar was at it again though - "It's dangerous to put yourself forward for a task that you're not qualified to lead" as if a) the room was bursting at the seems with former tour guides, and b) any other fucker put themselves forward. Also, do they have an upcoming task planned involving selling pajamas online, otherwise exactly when will she be the prefect PM for the task? Meanwhile Amy gets fired for not putting herself forward as PM for a task she has no experience in.

Would love to see him and his two cronies put through some of these tasks in fields they know eff all about. They'll stand there and criticise saying the teams didn't do this well, or that well, but rarely actually explain how they think it should be done. I'm nearly 20 years into my career now and have reached a comfortable level of middle management that lets me interact with junior staff and senior management at a company that is doing well and is well run. What that has really made me realise is that nearly everyone, no matter how controlled and successful they appear to be on the exterior, is winging it to some extent or another on an almost daily basis. I guess just some people have better natural instincts than others.
    I'm not sure he'd have been able to answer the slate mine question.