Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• How that Akshay survives almost every week is beyond me, i am sure he has caught Alan Sugar in a lewd act.
  • Christ knows how some of these run their own businesses...I wouldn't trust them to run a bath
  • True, but I think the task was not about design so much but giving the client what they wanted. And what they wanted was not loads of bells and whistles so it would have been easy to bring it back. The questions they should have asked them was what do you want, how many do you want if we meet that brief and what are you willing to pay. The project leader had the idea in her head which she was reluctant to remove and absolutely had to be fired. The outside designers toned it down to a certain extent. What was unforgivable was the inside being done like it was a Pimppod and that was by the people who spoke to the customer.
  • Can’t make today’s game as my starpod won’t make it up the M2.
  • edited February 2022
    I dunno why but there's something quite likeable about Akshay. He's useless but endearing. 

Hakeem and Catherine come across quite well too, Harpreet is a thundering cunt though 
  • Nick went through cumulative ineffectiveness. Watching him on You're Fired, he was a nice chap, but no indication of any hidden business talent
  • edited February 2022
    Say what you like about Akshay, he’s never hidden away on a task. I quite like him too. I wouldn’t hire him, but I might chat to him if I met him in a pub. And I thought he did a decent job haggling fir the food - Karen said the other team negotiated better than him but they both got ~20% off the price. The PM should’ve gone, even with the refund for a low quality experience they still wouldn’t have won - the reason they lost was the crap price she negotiated for the tickets, and the fact the museum tour she led was crap, especially compared to the pit stop challenge. 
  • Should have done a star pod tour of the circuit 
  • Brittany seems competent without yet being highlighted in particular, think she'll start to stand out more.
  • edited February 2022
    Brittany and Harpreet easily the two most credible so far. 
    Akshay has improved and did ok last night.  Kathryn has become a passenger after a reasonable start.
    Aaron and Sophie have not really shown anything and look like cannon fodder.
    Hakeem, nice guy but poor contestant.
  • Sponsored links:

• She should have gone. The main reason for the task failing was the agreed price and the tour finishing early was throwing the lads, who are not caterers under the bus. If anything, they should have tried to give them an extra 15 minutes!
  • edited February 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Stephanie is from Chislehurst.  She's been plugging her kids online clothes business on the local Facebook groups in the last couple of weeks.

I know we have discussed this before but since the whole format has changed from Sugar giving people a job to going into a partnership with them, it has become so much more about their business plan and I'm pretty sure he keeps them in purely on that basis.
    This. I still watch out of habit.
    But the programme is a sham.
    The sackings have little to do with the tasks. 
  • Why did they negotiate the price of the catering, and then have to do it themselves?

just to give the other halves of the team something to do / mess up?
  • Q. Is a hotel front of house manager a receptionist?
  • “I want to be the sub team manager !” Er yeah ? OK? There’s only three of us 
  • IAgree said:
    “I want to be the sub team manager !” Er yeah ? OK? There’s only three of us 
    😂 he is the “sub team” on his lonesome! 
  • ‘It doesn’t smell like snail!” 
  • Surprised they won with such crack products. Hand made or not
  • McBobbin said:
    Surprised they won with such crack products. Hand made or not
    Akshay was a bit unlucky in that he actually chose 3 decent products and had a decent strategy.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2022
    ~£62.50 a head for the winning team. Just think what they could’ve achieved if only Aaron would’ve stood up and interacted with those pillows. 
  • Is it just me, or have the prizes been terrible this year? I’d rather go for a cuppa and bacon butty at the cafe than go see a bad drag act. 
    I would have refused the abseil down from the Spurs stadium as I'm terrified of heights!
  • McBobbin said:
    Akshay was a bit unlucky in that he actually chose 3 decent products and had a decent strategy.
    He got kicked out on his past performances as the failure of the task was his fault the least. 
  • edited March 2022
    So next week I assume one of the inept fellas remaining will have to move teams to even then up again.  That will weaken the team they go to and strengthen the one they leave.  So Brittany and Harpreet almost certainly end up in the final [5?]. 

At the end they did a clip of next week with Sugar essentially saying it was going to be a final 4... So a double firing I assume.

So my prediction is we say cheerio to Akeem or Aaron (whichever moves over) and Stephanie.
  • edited March 2022
    Hapreet really does annoy me, during last nights episode when she kept shouting on the mic, I just literally shouted out shut up! as she was proper doing my head in.

Hope Brittany wins, everyone else is poor although agree Harpreet probably runner up/ or going for top spot. 

• Is it just me, or have the prizes been terrible this year? I’d rather go for a cuppa and bacon butty at the cafe than go see a bad drag act. 
    I would have refused the abseil down from the Spurs stadium as I'm terrified of heights!
    And it’s Spurs
  • Hapreet really does annoy me, during last nights episode when she kept shouting on the mic, I just literally shouted out shut up! as she was proper doing my head in.

Hope Brittany wins, everyone else is poor although agree Harpreet probably runner up/ or going for top spot. 

Apparently those were her “strong leadership skills” 
  • McBobbin said:
    He got kicked out on his past performances as the failure of the task was his fault the least. 
    Did I mishear or did Sugar tell him to “keep in touch” as he left? Does he often do that? 
    It seemed to suggest that there was something about him that Sugar liked.
  • "Our biggest problem", she says, while completing the planning for a second pitch on her baby food product, "is that it looks like we're trying to... kill babies".