Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• They're a pretty homogeneous bunch. The three in the conference room were virtually indistinguishable (nice spoiler avoidence there!) 

Usually takes a few weeks to bed in but no alarming characters so far
  • Last year the boys at the start were terrible while the girls were better less bad

This year seems the other way round
  • Show is like a parody of itself now. They should have stopped making it years ago
  • Too soon to say if any good ones there, but certainly there’s a few that have been put there purely for ‘entertainment’ value 
  • Should have stopped around 10 yrs ago 
  • UEAAddick said:
    Should have stopped around 10 yrs ago 
    I still find myself watching it every year, but last years lot were the worst ever, not one redeeming factor … they have to improve on that or else people will stop viewing. 
  • UEAAddick said:
    Liked it when it started but it just became ridiculous. Needs putting to bed.
  • Nope don't bin it. Take it back to its origins. 

Make it about an apprentice, not a partnership that is secretly just a dragons den for Sugar to buy into peoples business plans. 

Make sure the apprentices are vaguely competent at least.

• stonemuse said:
    UEAAddick said:
    I still find myself watching it every year, but last years lot were the worst ever, not one redeeming factor … they have to improve on that or else people will stop viewing. 
    Last year's had a low calibre, but the poo logo and poo magic wand raised it to GOAT status
  • stonemuse said:
    UEAAddick said:
    The first part of your post disproves the last part of your post. 
  • Sponsored links:

• None of the candidates will ever top Tom Skinner
  • I tell you, that if 5 screaching fake blonds came anywhere near me on a beach in Antigua I'd tell them to right fuck off. 
  • Unusually, it looked like the girls had lost and they did lose. They usually edit to try and surprise you. Maybe it was impossible in last nights episode.
  • Just watched last nights...

No way were the girls truly that bad! Surely this was edited. It was obvious they'd fail with their bickering from the off. 
  • Chizz said:
    stonemuse said:
    UEAAddick said:
    zzzzz
  • stonemuse said:
    Chizz said:
    stonemuse said:
    UEAAddick said:
    zzzzz
    Oh! Maybe you don't agree.  The point is that lots of people think it's a terrible programme and that the contestants are unfailingly awful, yet they continue to watch it.  Series 1 had an average of 2.3m viewers; series 2 was 4.43m; series 3 was 5.62m.  The last series was 7.09m and has been over 7m since series 4, with one exception - the year they declared joint winners.  

De facto, they don't have to improve on the idiocy of the contestants to continue to serve up big viewing numbers. In fact, I am very sure that if the quality of the contestants improved, the viewing figures would plummet. 
  • Macronate said:
    I think I'm the James Bond of Charlton Life.
     Sleazy and murderous?
  • Sponsored links:

• None of the candidates will ever top Tom Skinner
    He was selling crap down my local market just before Christmas 
  • I tell you, that if 5 screaching fake blonds came anywhere near me on a beach in Antigua I'd tell them to right fuck off. 
    Surely just like a normal summer's day in Blackpool, right...
  • Not a bad episode yesterday, but I think this series might take a while to get going as the contestants all look roughly similar, and none of them are spectacularly shit. The first few episodes should be comedy gold, not plausible
  • McBobbin said:
    Not a bad episode yesterday, but I think this series might take a while to get going as the contestants all look roughly similar, and none of them are spectacularly shit. The first few episodes should be comedy gold, not plausible
    The girls actually made the biggest screw up with their maths, whereas the boys failed because of their pricing and negotiating, especially with the corporate client, rather than because of anything spectacularly bad.
  • Got it on in the background now...

The girls - Stupid to not calculate costs and committing a quality promise. 

The boys - Slick back hair chap is a moron, telling a supplier that their budget is relevant and cutting them off mid sentence.

• edited January 2023
    Another note on the boys... Focusing on the dinosaurs and not the birthday could be a Jurassic error. 

I'd have made dinosaur eggs, with a colour coded age on them. Green Savoury, Orange Sweet.
  • edited January 2023
    The boys - Well undersold the number of Buns. Brad was an awful project manager.

He lost the task as soon as he said "let's be professional and work as a team and just let me lead the negotiation" and then he didn't negotiate really at all.

Simba was quite good. How did Brad survive that? He was shit from the off. 

The Girls, got a win despite bickering, poor prep and lack of teamwork. Quite annoying really.
  • The dinosaur bao buns were an abomination.

• Simba seems to have a decent business head on him at the minute, everytime he's done something he seems to have done pretty well. You could tell the Irish lad was going to be shit as soon as he came on screen, hadn't even seen him before that.

Also thought it was embarrassing when the girls were asked to do some basic maths and they were massively struggling. How are you supposed to do well in business if you can't do a simple costing exercise?! None of them seemed to have a clue!
  • Macronate said:
    The dinosaur bao buns were an abomination.

TBF this freeze frame it could be a scene from Jurassic Park! Doesn't look very tasty though!