Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• Options
    Simba seems to have a decent business head on him at the minute, everytime he's done something he seems to have done pretty well. You could tell the Irish lad was going to be shit as soon as he came on screen, hadn't even seen him before that.

Also thought it was embarrassing when the girls were asked to do some basic maths and they were massively struggling. How are you supposed to do well in business if you can't do a simple costing exercise?! None of them seemed to have a clue!
    I get them not being allowed phones and access to the internet, and I understand that it wasn't especially difficult math's, but it looked like they weren't given a calculator to use either, which seems extremely contrived to try and engineer a mathematical screw up for entertainment purposes. It's the old maths teacher cliche of "you won't have a calculator in your pocket everywhere you go" but the fact is that people do now, and younger generations just have never lived in a world where they have to do mental arithmetic anywhere other than at school.
  • Options
    If Jon Candy and Colonel Sanders had a baby 😂

• Options

Unfair?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    None of the candidates will ever top Tom Skinner

Bosh. New song on Spotify by Tom Skinner.  It is about as bad as it gets. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/2vVIgkBkEMc1Qd8HuhiUSh?si=PRHcB2bbSOaFunpimTEHhw&utm_source=copy-link
  • Options
    "I'm comfortable working outside my comfort zone" 
  • Options
    Last night's episode was just awful. Cartoon characters with no hands/feet! Dear God these, so called, wannabe business people, have no commonsense!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Again though, not given enough time and 25 seconds to tell a story is ridiculously short. The winning team won because the project leader, probably more through weakness than ability let a couple of the team dictate their vision. This was a too many cooks task if ever there was one. 

This is entertaining but not about identifying business skills.
  • Options
    Again though, not given enough time and 25 seconds to tell a story is ridiculously short. The winning team won because the project leader, probably more through weakness than ability let a couple of the team dictate their vision. This was a too many cooks task if ever there was one. 

This is entertaining but not about identifying business skills.
    Nail on head Mutts, the candidates on this show every year are gormless twats who probably had their application turned down for Love Island and got bumped to The Apprentice.
  • Options
    Honestly I'm struggling to see anyone especially stand out in this series , they seem like the worst bunch of contestants yet. 
  • Options
    One of my colleagues was a runner on Apprentice for a few series. He said that 5 of the candidate chosen were potential winners, sound business people with good CVs and business plans, and the rest were twats, put there simply because it will be funny
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched all 3 weeks and its something i want our young engineers to watch.

Their just a bunch of talentless morons who have got brought up in this world of entitlement, i want and i deserve mentality. 

Sadly our young engineers are exactly the same, they do a job for 3 months and think they have mastered it.

You try not to embarrass them, but when i tell them i have been in engineering for 40 years and i haven't mastered it yet despite my vast expansive engineering  experience and my formal qualifications, they cant believe its not possible. Unfortunately our company feeds their ego.

I have no idea who looks the likely winner but i suspect it will be female again this year.

• Options
    Yeah I agree that Gregory talked himself out of the door , almost the worst thing you can do on there is basically contribute nothing because you don't feel it fits your skills. 

Being from the south coast next week's one should be highly highly entertaining. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    One of my colleagues was a runner on Apprentice for a few series. He said that 5 of the candidate chosen were potential winners, sound business people with good CVs and business plans, and the rest were twats, put there simply because it will be funny
    Makes for good TV. Who remembers the good (early seasons) candidates? Best moments are when they get to the interview stage and Claude tears apart the clown candidates. There are some talented people in there. The show is very difficult, it would take weeks to make a decent child's cartoon and only get a couple of days and most of them have careers in the likes of accountancy. 

I thought cannon boy talked himself into getting fired. He's one that seemed pretty talented. 
    I agree that this week's task was difficult. I wouldn't know where to begin if asked to create a cartoon for 2 to 4 year olds, that has to be entertaining and educational.

I disagreed with the decision to fire Gregory. Yes he deserved a bollocking for hiding in the task, but he deserved another chance to show that he wasn't just a one trick pony.

Next week's task is much more a of a normal business one. 
  • Options
    If arguing about the name of the girl character took the time away to give them hands and feet, it suggests they were not given enough time.
  • Options
    If arguing about the name of the girl character took the time away to give them hands and feet, it suggests they were not given enough time.
    It wouldn't be good entertainment if they both produced top quality products though - you need the cock ups. I don't remember half of last seasons episodes properly, but I remember the turd wand for example.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Yeah I agree that Gregory talked himself out of the door , almost the worst thing you can do on there is basically contribute nothing because you don't feel it fits your skills. 

Being from the south coast next week's one should be highly highly entertaining. 
    Yet in the real world, one of the worst things you can do on a project is try to ram raid your way into it even though you have no qualifications or experience that will be of value to the project. 

Then you get Karen saying “but in business you have to adapt”. That’s true to an extent, but plumbers and theatre companies are both businesses yet I wouldn’t expect go for a night out in the west end and find my local branch of Drain Doctor performing Swan Lake.

If it's an absolute allrounder at running a business they are looking for - where are the bits where the contestants have to do the HR paperwork for Julie-in-accounting's maternity leave, or file a tax return, or arrange for a sparky to come fix the dodgy light in the back stairwell of the office.

I’m still watching it, but the whole premise of the show and the rules, and conventions that have developed within its bubble, just get more and more detached from the reality of working in a business every year.

Take the first episode of this series. The tour guide ones are always fun viewing but talk about setting them up to look stupid. "Hey, here’s a two-page pamphlet on 17th century forts. Please read it 20 minutes before the tour starts and that should be enough info for you to answer ANY question the public might come up with". By sheer fluke, one of the contestants happened to an amateur cannon historian so knew a lot about the subject. But it was fluke. Yet in the boardroom they acted like it was his incredible business skills that saved the day.  

• Options
    edited January 2023
    It did seem a bit harsh on him but what was all that with the position of the tree and the sunshine? That was a bit worrying! He came over as a bit anal there and on other tasks. The bit where he told people about his allergy to wool being another example. The winning team leader may have been lucky by letting the two dominant girls progress the idea but he did well shifting the bossy argumentative one from the pitching team. Maybe he is a good people manager. Maybe!
  • Options
    Poor series so far as shown by the lack of comments, but thought the PM getting sacked because the cream turned people's skin green was a bit harsh when it was all his subteam's fault!
  • Options
    Poor series so far as shown by the lack of comments, but thought the PM getting sacked because the cream turned people's skin green was a bit harsh when it was all his subteam's fault!
    Two were sacked though. Zero orders and a product that looked like it was designed for 10 year olds probably didn't help him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    It does show up the show for what it is. And I watch and enjoy it. Which company is going to buy units to sell of any product produced in 30 minutes by two non qualified people? I also noticed Tim Campbell give that look, when one team suggested keeping the product white which was entirely sensible in the circumstances. I also recall the outrage in a previous series of Karen Brady over contestants trying to use their female sexuality to sell something which was a bit rich looking at her career.

It also seemed to me that the girl on the sub team was more to blame than the lad who got fired in that particular task.
  • Options
    The other team got the "unoriginal" comment for producing a white cream that smelt conventional, but that was why they won as they produced a product that looked and smelled like something you'd buy!
  • Options
    This definitely feels like this format with the investment is on its last legs really - no stand out contestants to speak of really. 
  • Options
    It's been a bit of a dull series. I think a lot of that has been down to the contestants - they're all a bit bland and the main one with a bit of eccentricity potential (the speccy lib dem who liked cannons) got booted early doors.

There doesn't seem to be a fat load of talent there either (is there ever?).

And some of the things they've chose to highlight have been a bit weird too. They made a huge deal about the asparagus not being freshly picked in one of the tasks and blamed that all on the contestant when they were basically lied to by to the greengrocer.

I'm with those suggesting it is getting long in the tooth as a format, and I don't think it's been quite as good as it used to be ever since they made it about and investment and not a job opportunity.
  • Options
    Id love to see Alan doing all these tasks too
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    It is not a search for an entrepreneur and the show realises this when it recruits contestants. If they were better than us and not idiots who think they are the best we wouldn't enjoy shouting at the screen. And the tasks set them up to fail, let's be honest. It is an entertainment show and it is a bit stale because it has been running for so long but it is still a decent enough watch.
  • Options
    The scouse bird the decent totty of the series 
  • Options
    The scouse bird the decent totty of the series 
    WTF is wrong with her eyebrows.  She brushes them upwards!  Is this a new thing?
  • Options
    For the last task before the interviews this is an absolute car crash on both sides.