Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice 2022

edited January 4 in Not Sports Related
Get your cufflinks on, tie-bars neatly placed and your shoes polished up; get your hair done, make-up on fleek and squeeze into the highest stilletos you can; and, most importantly, get a seat in the front row, while the rest have to shuffle for places, looking uncomfortable, standing up behind you.  It's the 2022 series of the UK's most tragic trainee social influencer game show, The Apprentice, making its sixteenth appearance on British television screens.  

So, as the strains of Prokofiev and drone shots of London signal the start of the next series, here's a look at the sixteen contestants, none of whom we're likely ever to hear of again, once the series is over.  

The Apprentice 2022 cast line-up

  • Aaron, 38 year old flight instructor from Chorley.  Former RAF, so gets a vote from me.  (Wait?  We're still not allowed to vote?) 
  • Akeem, 29 year old "strategy manager", which, obviously, rules him out, because that's a ridiculous title.  
  • Akshay, 28.  Just when you were beginning to think we haven't had any "digital marketing agency owners" yet.  
  • Alex, 27.  To make sure the inclusivity boxes have been checked, unusually, this cleaning company owner is male. 
  • Amy. 48.  Born in a borough in New York. Now presents on QVC.  From Yonkers to bonkers, you might say.  
  • Brittany, 25 year old front of house hotel manager. Bristol city's Britt's home.  (Have to be careful when you say that). 
  • Conor is a 28 year old former professional rugby player.  By the end of the series, he'll be better known as a 29 year old former professional rugby player. 
  • Francesca.  26.  From Surrey.  Posh.  So won't win. 
  • Harry, 35, from the West Midlands.  He describes himself as a "bad boy of the bath bomb world".  Out loud.  In public.  Seriously.  
  • Harpreet, a 30 year old from West Yorkshire is probably one of the most famous dessert parlour owners ever to appear on the Apprentice this year. 
  • Kathryn.  29.  You know that dream you have when someone famous comes up to you and asks you what you do for a living and your mind goes completely blank so you just blurt out the first few words that come into your head and hope - against hope - that they make some kind of sense?  Kathryn owns an "online pyjama store". 
  • Navid is a 27 year old pharmacist.  So, he's pretty much cleaned up before the series has started.  Although he's a self-confessed Nicki Minaj superfan, whatever that is. 
  • Nick is a 31 year old finance manager.  Because, you know, what Alan Sugar really needs is a finance manager that has decades less experience than him.  Stands to reason. 
  • Sophie is 32 and comes from Cheltenham.   She owns a cocktail bar. It's been suggested that, by the end of this series, she will still be from Cheltenham and still own a cocktail bar. 
  • Shama is a 41 year old mother of five and a children's day nursery owner.  So, she's probably got plenty of spare time to work full-time in London with Alan Sugar. 
  • Stephanie, 28, from Kent, has broken tradition from previous Apprentice candidates by posting Instagram pictures of her scantily clad self on various beaches before she's appeared on the show.  

His Lordship's two aides this year are Lady Brady, again, (the least said about her the better) and winner of the first series of The Apprentice, author and founder of Bright Ideas Trust, Tim Campbell MBE.  

Please think about using the spoiler when posting stuff others might not have caught up on yet.  

We're been without The Apprentice for two years now.  So, it will be good to remind ourselves about how safe the UK economy will be, when these titans of business are finally let loose. Who will do well?  Who won't last beyond the first task?  Who deserves to stay the course?  And, isn't Karren awful?  

Over to you.

(It will be particularly good to see who refuses to watch it - and then posts during and after every episode).  


«13

Comments

  • I'll be all over this like always, is it a job again on offer or the ridiculous investment? 
  • Carter said:
    I'll be all over this like always, is it a job again on offer or the ridiculous investment? 
    £250,000 business investment
  • Programmes like this should always be every 2 years in my opinion. Just gives a long enough break to look forward to it more than usual. 
  • You can't do that and then not provide a link to Stephanie's instragram account.
    https://www.instagram.com/stephanieaffleck_/
  • Watched it almost every year until a few years ago so probably won't be watching. Feel old now that I'm older than most candidates, and some of them were in primary school when it first started.

    Still enjoy reading their quotes though, here's some of the best -

    Akshay Thakrar, 28

    Owner, Digital Marketing Agency - London

    “My friends call me AK47 because I’m a killer salesperson.”

    Alex Short, 27

    Owner, Commercial Cleaning Company - Hertford

    “I would compare myself to a Ferrari, shiny on the outside but under the bonnet, there is a lot of fire and I’m coming for you.”

    Amy Anzel, 48

    Owner, Beauty Brand - London

    “I can be nice when I need to be, but when I unfortunately have to be a b****, I will...”

    Conor Gilsenan, 28

    Sales Executive and former Professional Rugby Player - London

    “I’m going to be the corporate panther in the boardroom, I’m going to get it done, and I’m going to be Lord Sugar’s perfect business partner.”

    Nick Showering, 31

    Finance Manager - London

    “In business I’m a bit of a force to be reckoned with. I know what I’m talking about, I know how things work, and I’m extremely experienced. So, I’m a bit of an animal in the boardroom.”

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-apprentice-2022-candidates-announced-25848432


  • Talal said:
    Programmes like this should always be every 2 years in my opinion. Just gives a long enough break to look forward to it more than usual. 
    The gap is even longer, due to the delay from the autumn, so yes it does feel like something to look forward to
  • Can’t bring myself to watch it anymore as it irrationally winds me up how stupid they are 
  • Sponsored links:


  • Chizz said:
    You can't do that and then not provide a link to Stephanie's instragram account.
    https://www.instagram.com/stephanieaffleck_/
    Her dad seems absolutely minted, see the size of that house and those holidays? Fuck me I'm not sure she needs the money

    Can’t bring myself to watch it anymore as it irrationally winds me up how stupid they are 
    Agreed it's frustrating watching them these days, they are genuinely all so thick and lack so much self awareness. 
  • Was interesting and worth a watch when it first started and for a few years.
    But now it just makes Sir (Lord?) Alan look like a total pr*ck.
    Struggle to take Claud seriously as well...
  • I quite enjoyed the Aussie celeb version which we shown towards the end of last year, having missed a couple of UK series, as I got a bit tired of it.

    Will see if this keeps me entertained the same way otherwise I’ll be ducking out by episode 3
  • It's a freak show first and foremost now, and Lady Brady can fuck off. 
  • None of the candidates will ever top Tom Skinner. What a guy.
  • Scoham said:
    Watched it almost every year until a few years ago so probably won't be watching. Feel old now that I'm older than most candidates, and some of them were in primary school when it first started.

    Still enjoy reading their quotes though, here's some of the best -

    Akshay Thakrar, 28

    Owner, Digital Marketing Agency - London

    “My friends call me AK47 because I’m a killer salesperson.”

    Alex Short, 27

    Owner, Commercial Cleaning Company - Hertford

    “I would compare myself to a Ferrari, shiny on the outside but under the bonnet, there is a lot of fire and I’m coming for you.”

    Amy Anzel, 48

    Owner, Beauty Brand - London

    “I can be nice when I need to be, but when I unfortunately have to be a b****, I will...”

    Conor Gilsenan, 28

    Sales Executive and former Professional Rugby Player - London

    “I’m going to be the corporate panther in the boardroom, I’m going to get it done, and I’m going to be Lord Sugar’s perfect business partner.”

    Nick Showering, 31

    Finance Manager - London

    “In business I’m a bit of a force to be reckoned with. I know what I’m talking about, I know how things work, and I’m extremely experienced. So, I’m a bit of an animal in the boardroom.”

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-apprentice-2022-candidates-announced-25848432


    With comments like that, Nick has all the makings of someone who will be gone in the first couple of weeks.
  • I always used to wonder where these people were in life.  Were they just created for the show?
    but I have actually met a few people like this.  Absolute useless fucknuggets the lot of them.

    I’ll look forward to shouting at my tv once a week for the forseeable

  • Swisdom said:
    I always used to wonder where these people were in life.  Were they just created for the show?
    but I have actually met a few people like this.  Absolute useless fucknuggets the lot of them.

    I’ll look forward to shouting at my tv once a week for the forseeable

    I met Stephen Brady from what series I cannot remember, and he came across terribly, like he stood out as a memorable bell cheddar from the show. Met him at a friends wedding and he was one of the sweetest people I'd ever met and incredibly self-depricating which is humour I always find warming. 

    Of course this could well have been following an absolute shellacking he'd given himself because of how he had behaved albeit in small doses which then gives the editors all the material they need and the show editors are that cutting and cruel to tuck someone up like that but he was genuinely a lovely guy and I couldn't have been more surprised 
  • Sponsored links:


  • I've been working with Ricky Martin (not that one) as a client for the past year or so. Lovely guy, 10 years since he won it.
  • WSS said:
    I've been working with Ricky Martin (not that one) as a client for the past year or so. Lovely guy, 10 years since he won it.
    I'd pay to see him wrestle you and fold you up like a pretzel 
  • Occasionally they have one or two who you would like to have a beer with but they are usually forced out by the bellends

    Usuallt great viewing if nothing else but to see just how much like a bloke Karren Brady is looking these days.  I'm sure she gets more masculine every year
  • when does it start ?



  • MrOneLung said:
    when does it start ?



    Tonight
  • Thanks - was being lazy 

  • Scoham said:
    Watched it almost every year until a few years ago so probably won't be watching. Feel old now that I'm older than most candidates, and some of them were in primary school when it first started.

    Still enjoy reading their quotes though, here's some of the best -

    Akshay Thakrar, 28

    Owner, Digital Marketing Agency - London

    “My friends call me AK47 because I’m a killer salesperson.”

    Alex Short, 27

    Owner, Commercial Cleaning Company - Hertford

    “I would compare myself to a Ferrari, shiny on the outside but under the bonnet, there is a lot of fire and I’m coming for you.”

    Amy Anzel, 48

    Owner, Beauty Brand - London

    “I can be nice when I need to be, but when I unfortunately have to be a b****, I will...”

    Conor Gilsenan, 28

    Sales Executive and former Professional Rugby Player - London

    “I’m going to be the corporate panther in the boardroom, I’m going to get it done, and I’m going to be Lord Sugar’s perfect business partner.”

    Nick Showering, 31

    Finance Manager - London

    “In business I’m a bit of a force to be reckoned with. I know what I’m talking about, I know how things work, and I’m extremely experienced. So, I’m a bit of an animal in the boardroom.”

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-apprentice-2022-candidates-announced-25848432


    Apparently, the Akshay fella claims his first word as a new born was "profit".
  • MrOneLung said:
    Thanks - was being lazy 

    You're fired
  • Chizz said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Thanks - was being lazy 

    You're fired
    Delegation skills. 
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out Forever!