Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    I would say Akeem and Kathryn seem like nice enough people. Akshay is an absolute chancer, and that Aaron has one of the most gormless faces I've ever seen. Glad Amy went last night, she was extremely irritating, although her loud haler work was unintentionally hilarious. I'm really not convinced any of the girls are significantly more competent than the boys.

These tour guide episodes are always a car crash. I do feel a bit sorry for the teams, though, because how is anyone supposed to become an expert on slate mining with 3 hours notice? I've been to that slate mine, and I have a degree in geology, but I would do no better than Akeem did. It's absolutely inevitable that anyone who got put up as the "expert" tour guide was going to end up looking a right chump as soon as anyone asked a question more complicated than "Is this a slate mine?".

Sugar was at it again though - "It's dangerous to put yourself forward for a task that you're not qualified to lead" as if a) the room was bursting at the seems with former tour guides, and b) any other fucker put themselves forward. Also, do they have an upcoming task planned involving selling pajamas online, otherwise exactly when will she be the prefect PM for the task? Meanwhile Amy gets fired for not putting herself forward as PM for a task she has no experience in.

Would love to see him and his two cronies put through some of these tasks in fields they know eff all about. They'll stand there and criticise saying the teams didn't do this well, or that well, but rarely actually explain how they think it should be done. I'm nearly 20 years into my career now and have reached a comfortable level of middle management that lets me interact with junior staff and senior management at a company that is doing well and is well run. What that has really made me realise is that nearly everyone, no matter how controlled and successful they appear to be on the exterior, is winging it to some extent or another on an almost daily basis. I guess just some people have better natural instincts than others.
    I'm not sure he'd have been able to answer the slate nine question.
    Nor slate one to eight questions 
  • Options
    Least likeable cast since the show began.

Wouldn't trust them to sort out a cutlery drawer effectively.  If these are the supposed future captains of British industry then UK plc is bang in trouble.

Not a fan of Brady and even Tim (who I loved as a candidate back in the day) is grating my tits with the affected eyebrow raise shenanigans they all do.

Sugar is king tit n'all and his one liners are so shite he could be the main writer for a mainstream BBC sitcom.

That aside I'm enjoying the series and wish the remaining candidates all the best.
    Sugar is like a parody of himself. He's lines seem so forced, it's like they're all pre-written, there's nothing natural about him. It's been a really poor season 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I would say Akeem and Kathryn seem like nice enough people. Akshay is an absolute chancer, and that Aaron has one of the most gormless faces I've ever seen. Glad Amy went last night, she was extremely irritating, although her loud haler work was unintentionally hilarious. I'm really not convinced any of the girls are significantly more competent than the boys.

These tour guide episodes are always a car crash. I do feel a bit sorry for the teams, though, because how is anyone supposed to become an expert on slate mining with 3 hours notice? I've been to that slate mine, and I have a degree in geology, but I would do no better than Akeem did. It's absolutely inevitable that anyone who got put up as the "expert" tour guide was going to end up looking a right chump as soon as anyone asked a question more complicated than "Is this a slate mine?".

Sugar was at it again though - "It's dangerous to put yourself forward for a task that you're not qualified to lead" as if a) the room was bursting at the seems with former tour guides, and b) any other fucker put themselves forward. Also, do they have an upcoming task planned involving selling pajamas online, otherwise exactly when will she be the prefect PM for the task? Meanwhile Amy gets fired for not putting herself forward as PM for a task she has no experience in.

Would love to see him and his two cronies put through some of these tasks in fields they know eff all about. They'll stand there and criticise saying the teams didn't do this well, or that well, but rarely actually explain how they think it should be done. I'm nearly 20 years into my career now and have reached a comfortable level of middle management that lets me interact with junior staff and senior management at a company that is doing well and is well run. What that has really made me realise is that nearly everyone, no matter how controlled and successful they appear to be on the exterior, is winging it to some extent or another on an almost daily basis. I guess just some people have better natural instincts than others.
    I'm not sure he'd have been able to answer the slate nine question.
    Nor slate one to eight questions 
    My typo was a rehearsal for my Apprentice Series 17 application
  • Options

Sugar was at it again though - "It's dangerous to put yourself forward for a task that you're not qualified to lead" as if a) the room was bursting at the seams with former tour guides, and b) any other fucker put themselves forward. Also, do they have an upcoming task planned involving selling pajamas online, otherwise exactly when will she be the perfect PM for the task? Meanwhile Amy gets fired for not putting herself forward as PM for a task she has no experience in.

The tour guide commentary was completely hopeless for both teams.
    The mine and railway would have a visitors guide book for and a ton of stuff on the internet, certainly for the railway. The guide books would have been worth the investment and could have been picked up when they visited each venue to do the deals. Are the candidates actually banned from searching on line?
    You don't need to be an expert, just prepare a script about A4 size in length with some pertinent facts to demonstrate some knowledge. A pHD level commentary would be over the top and bore the crap out of most of the punters.
    What each guide said was at the level of someone presented with a subject and expected to talk on it instantly without any preparation whatsoever. Even though it was clear the candidates did have time to prepare a script. 
    Perhaps the candidates were stitched up by the producers in the interest of making them look stupid for the supposed benefit of  entertaining television. 
    After X series, the format is now looking very tired and needs significant changes to avoid a gradual decline in viewers. 
    I'm surprised that Sugar sticks with it, as each series makes him look like a bigger prick than the last...
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Sugar was at it again though - "It's dangerous to put yourself forward for a task that you're not qualified to lead" as if a) the room was bursting at the seams with former tour guides, and b) any other fucker put themselves forward. Also, do they have an upcoming task planned involving selling pajamas online, otherwise exactly when will she be the perfect PM for the task? Meanwhile Amy gets fired for not putting herself forward as PM for a task she has no experience in.

The mine and railway would have a visitors guide book for and a ton of stuff on the internet, certainly for the railway. The guide books would have been worth the investment and could have been picked up when they visited each venue to do the deals. Are the candidates actually banned from searching on line?
    You don't need to be an expert, just prepare a script about A4 size in length with some pertinent facts to demonstrate some knowledge. A pHD level commentary would be over the top and bore the crap out of most of the punters.
    What each guide said was at the level of someone presented with a subject and expected to talk on it instantly without any preparation whatsoever. Even though it was clear the candidates did have time to prepare a script. 
    Perhaps the candidates were stitched up by the producers in the interest of making them look stupid for the supposed benefit of  entertaining television. 
    After X series, the format is now looking very tired and needs significant changes to avoid a gradual decline in viewers. 
    I'm surprised that Sugar sticks with it, as each series makes him look like a bigger prick than the last...

Akeem did have some facts though, but he then got criticised because his talk was too morbid - like he should have somehow talked up what a cushy life it must've been doing heavy physical labour, underground, by candle light, with no safety equipment, and for a few pence a day. I bet they don't get long to prepare, and while he was reading the fact sheets he appeared to have the two women squawking in his ear the whole time. Certainly not realistic that they can cover off all the potential questions they might get asked - the main way the producers tried to make Akeem look stupid was that he didn't know what the miners had for lunch.

I don't think they're allowed to use the internet, which is pretty unrealistic, but would take a lot of the fun out of the show because it would make their lives a lot easier. Don't they still have to use a phone book for one of the tasks? That handicaps them from the start because there must be only about 10% of business who bother to get listed in a phone book these days.
  • Options
    I've lost all interest in the candidates and its now all about me shouting at the TV whenever Karen Brady appears pulling that face like she's smelling her own farts and poor old Tim scripted to fuck and comfortably and hilariously out of his depth. Although he did look cool as fuck in his Ray Bans and camel skin coat 

And Sralan, eurgh whilst its fun watching him slap the legs of some of these jumped up wombats in the boardroom this isn't even sport. Controversial opinion coming up but I'd love to see Mike Ashley given a chance with 2 of his less lenient warehouse managers as his sargeants at arms and just tell them to play fast and loose with everything and see how long it takes for one of them to hit someone.  
  • Options

Akeem did have some facts though, but he then got criticised because his talk was too morbid - like he should have somehow talked up what a cushy life it must've been doing heavy physical labour, underground, by candle light, with no safety equipment, and for a few pence a day. I bet they don't get long to prepare, and while he was reading the fact sheets he appeared to have the two women squawking in his ear the whole time. Certainly not realistic that they can cover off all the potential questions they might get asked - the main way the producers tried to make Akeem look stupid was that he didn't know what the miners had for lunch.

I don't think they're allowed to use the internet, which is pretty unrealistic, but would take a lot of the fun out of the show because it would make their lives a lot easier. Don't they still have to use a phone book for one of the tasks? That handicaps them from the start because there must be only about 10% of business who bother to get listed in a phone book these days.
    The phone book is probably more sophisticated than Lord S's IT offers!
    Amstrad computer stuff was never that great, from what I recall.

The focus in the show now seems increasingly to make the candidates look ever more stupid, because the producers think its good television. For me it is getting tedious. I would prefer to see a better standard being achieved in the tasks and the winning stakes could be raised as well.
    No rational business person would invest £250k in any of the morons in this series and the increasingly dumbed down ethos is surely getting ever more damaging to the reputations of the Lord and his cronies. 
    Half expecting to see a cat kicking task in the next series...
  • Options
    Like Celebs Go Dating, they should have Rob Beckett doing the background voiceover, ripping the piss out of these twats.
  • Options

The phone book is probably more sophisticated than Lord S's IT offers!
    Amstrad computer stuff was never that great, from what I recall.

The focus in the show now seems increasingly to make the candidates look ever more stupid, because the producers think its good television. For me it is getting tedious. I would prefer to see a better standard being achieved in the tasks and the winning stakes could be raised as well.
    No rational business person would invest £250k in any of the morons in this series and the increasingly dumbed down ethos is surely getting ever more damaging to the reputations of the Lord and his cronies. 
    Half expecting to see a cat kicking task in the next series...
    I had an Amstrad and it was terrific for the time 
  • Options
    “It wasn’t synergistic with my skill set” 😂 😂 😂 

Can’t wait to use this next time I want to dodge something at work !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love watching the existential angst in Tim Campbells eyes as he wonders if he was ever as shit as these candidates. 

I don't think they are any worse than some of the others it's just that none of them are particularly interesting. You need a Ruth Badger or Thomas Skinner to keep things interesting
  • Options

Not sure what the 'rules' are nd what they are allowed to look up, especially re the internet
  • Options
    Caught up with this yesterday. Although it's entertaining, it is a bit rubbish. They had no chance with the negotiations. Both the zipline and the whiskey blokes knew they had to deal - they couldn't walk away. They should have had the option to walk off and go for another experience.
  • Options

Not sure what the 'rules' are nd what they are allowed to look up, especially re the internet
    I'm pretty sure they have don't have access to the internet

Even phone calls seem really restricted, in the real world the sub team would be in constant contact with the project manager, whereas here they work for several hours before making a single call, usually when it's too late to change anything!
  • Options
    The BBC, in particular, seem unable to rest a winning formula to prevent it from becoming stale. You can say the same about Apprentice, Strictly, Casualty and more. 
  • Options
    I think The Apprentice could be improved by doing a political version. Putin in for Sugar and the current PM, opposition leader and senior ministers and shadow ministers, plus Corbyn. TV gold!
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Caught up with this yesterday. Although it's entertaining, it is a bit rubbish. They had no chance with the negotiations. Both the zipline and the whiskey blokes knew they had to deal - they couldn't walk away. They should have had the option to walk off and go for another experience.
    It does seem very rigged and against the candidates these days. From the Simon Cowell school of let's make people look like idiots so we can mock scorn on them from our position of power.

Would love to get Cowell, Sugar and some of the Dragon Den worst critics somewhere out of their comfort zone with odds against them. I dunno a football pitch v pros or a boxing ring v a decent amateur and the critique them whilst making shitty little quips.
  • Options
    Have to admit, I'm enjoying the Celebrity Apprentice Australia on BBC iPlayer much more than the current series.

• Options
    We do have to view it as an entertainment show rather than an audition. The set up is as it has always been about being adversarial and the tasks are structured to fail. The teams have no time to get the strategy right. Who would launch a drink a couple of people with no experience in drinks manufacture have put together in a couple of hours. Who would get sales for a video game where development should be a minimum of months. Of course, the last thing the producers want is competent people as they are not entertaining.

It is entertaining though and good value as it probably costs more to produce two or three episodes of The Wheel. Some tasks are more enjoyable than others though. I never bother to watch the interviews. The best tasks for me are the ones when they are given a list of items to acquire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We do have to view it as an entertainment show rather than an audition. The set up is as it has always been about being adversarial and the tasks are structured to fail. The teams have no time to get the strategy right. Who would launch a drink a couple of people with no experience in drinks manufacture have put together in a couple of hours. Who would get sales for a video game where development should be a minimum of months. Of course, the last thing the producers want is competent people as they are not entertaining.

It is entertaining though and good value as it probably costs more to produce two or three episodes of The Wheel. Some tasks are more enjoyable than others though. I never bother to watch the interviews. The best tasks for me are the ones when they are given a list of items to acquire.
    But something doesn't have to be negative to be entertaining, does it?
    On that basis we would have kept Adkins until he delivered us to National League South!
    How about every 'Grand Design' collapsing, with Kevin McC's final interview featuring the owner trapped under a 10m girder surrounded by paramedics?
    "Do you now regret spending more on the bathroom taps than the structure?"
  • Options
    The show would still be of interest to some, but far less entertaining overall if all the decisions were competent. 
  • Options
    I think The Apprentice could be improved by doing a political version. Putin in for Sugar and the current PM, opposition leader and senior ministers and shadow ministers, plus Corbyn. TV gold!
    Would certainly add new meaning into the phrase ‘you’re fired’.
  • Options

But something doesn't have to be negative to be entertaining, does it?
    On that basis we would have kept Adkins until he delivered us to National League South!
    How about every 'Grand Design' collapsing, with Kevin McC's final interview featuring the owner trapped under a 10m girder surrounded by paramedics?
    "Do you now regret spending more on the bathroom taps than the structure?"
    I would pay to watch that! He could do his closing monologue walking towards the camera, as it pans out to a scene of utter destruction
  • Options
    Loved the winning car, it had something of the holiday buffet about it, a pile of stuff that doesn't in any way go. The other one looked like Peter stringfellow's portable toilet
  • Options
    A bit of a pointless task this week. Taking an existing product, and modifying it to be less popular! A deserved firing though, a lousy idea, badly implemented
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    To be fair to the one who was fired, she had to give the design team a brief on how she wanted the car to be designed d. She then met the corporate clients and was told that they wanted a different design at which stage the design team had already done their work.

It's all a bit ridiculous really 
  • Options
    edited February 2022