Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Wycombe Wanderers | Saturday 1st Jan 2022

Comments

• Lee isn't good enough, dont know what people see in him
  • That was crap
  • Would compare this performance with that of the Plymouth game. Charlton very lethargic, sloppy no creativity 
    He certainly needs to score and assist more now.
  • JJ was talking to Leko so he will be on for Davison. 
  • Actually didn’t think it was that bad, just no creativity and no presence up top.
  • Really poor, I know we've had a couple weeks off but there's no intensity at all and Davison is nicking a living, we need a striker and another way of doing things in games like these
  • Going to take a little while to get over how poor Davison was in that half (which in fairness is not all his fault)
  • Sponsored links:

• Where did Purrington go for their goal, Famewo was overloaded and I couldn’t see Purrington for love nor money. Dobson did his best to keep possession but as soon as he lost out we were in trouble. We can get back into this, but Leko or Burstow need to come on for Davison I’m afraid. He is trying, but having a stinking day at the office.
  • It's not a classic, is it? 
  • Actually didn’t think it was that bad, just no creativity and no presence up top.
    No creativity and no presence up top is the definition of poor 
  • HT 0-1

That half may have lasted 48 minutes but that seemed longer. It dragged so much I felt I could have watched an Ashes Test match in the same amount of time.

My word, that was dire ... from both sides.

Niggly fouls, poor passing, no movement. Shocking stuff.

I don't like to pick on our players or single anyone out for a major slagging so I won't name them. All I'll say is that they will be very fortunate to be coming out for the second half.

This half-time comment has been brought to you in association with the colour "red" and the number "25".
  • Feel slightly harsh piling on Davison but fuck me he's been awful. Can't see us scoring at the moment, need to change it up. 
  • Feels more like an away, we need get on the front foot a bit more in the 2nd half 
  • Some mild pressure from us over most of the half which does not lead to a single shot or header on target, then a breakaway and they score. Our first effort on target was in the 40th minute.
    Davison is not even as good as those Gateshead forwards last month.
    Leko to come on upfront and at least the ball should not keep bouncing back from Davison.
  • Really flat. Davison needs to be swapped for Burstow. They have us sussed. Letting Pearce have the ball as they know long punts are meat and drink for their CH xithour Stockley. Flat atmosphere not helping.
  • Sponsored links:

• January we need to look at signing a decent back-up striker because it was obvious from the summer Davison was never going to be up to the task. 

Losing Aneke and not replacing him was a blow. 
  • edited January 2022
    Well, over to you Covered End  second half, time to suck that bloody ball into the net, we have been  off the pace, Wycombe are very physical and we are being out muscled and need to man up a bit, get Davison off for Burstow or we may as well pack up now...well our twelfth man The Covered End,..over to you.. B)  
  • Firstly, looks like 2 teams that have had too much festive food. Or 1 team that played 3 days ago & are tired and the other who are rusty having not played for 2 weeks. 

However, what it also shows it that you cant go into a season without a proper strikeforce and/or trying to rely on youth.

Not time for told you so's but lets hope Sandgaard has learnt his lesson & some strikers come in this month. As I said earlier, you don't want to be relying on Davison & Burstow for weeks on end.

Lee is the least of our problems today. 
  • Croydon said:
    That was so poor. We are a mid table league side with mid table league one players.
    Some of them aren't that good. 
  • Last game I saw was Lincoln and I do not know why Davison is ever picked
  • It looks like Josh Davison won a competition to play in this game. Embarrassing.
  • What's the odds for a Golfie ?

• They have had one chance and put it away, Washington is a key player for us but not prolific, its clear where we lack depth and that's up top. Harsh on Davidson as he is still learning the game but we only have to miss Stockley or Washington in the line up and we look a poorer side. 
  • Seen a lot worse but too many mistakes, final ball not being there etc. Still in it but whole team needs to improve.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!