Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Wycombe Wanderers | Saturday 1st Jan 2022

Comments

• Josh is having a mare, but it's not as if the rest of our attacking players are carrying much threat either.
  • Can’t fault Davison’s effort, but if your not good enough which is plain to see, there’s nowhere to hide. He’s never in the right place on the pitch at the right times, runs channels when he should be in the box just for starters, wins bugger all in the air and is so indecisive with the ball at his feet. Needs more loan time along with Albie, or just get better and jog them on. We are carrying far too many below par players. Which is down to circumstances we all know about, but now is the time and opportunity to get things sorted, no more excuses now
  • Awful so far. Davison just not good enough. 
  • I hope Leko isnt the replacement for Davison give Mason 45 minutes pleaseeeeee
  • Come on team and fans. Lets fight for JJ. We all did before he was appointment permanent Gaffer.
  • Worst half of the year by a long way
    Fuck me mate, did you watch us under Adkins?, it’s not been great but that is a very bold statement.
  • Cupboard End just gave a good round of applause to Brian Cole as he walked across the front of the stand.

Or maybe it was for Robert Lee behind him walking back to the Charlton TV studio ...
    Confidence has completely drained out of him. Stopped making the runs
  • Josh is having a mare, but it's not as if the rest of our attacking players are carrying much threat either.
    He’s having one of those games so far where he can’t do anything right. 
  • Davison trending on Twitter because our fans literally cannot help themselves but abuse a youth prospect. He’s had a terrible half - why write him off forever?
  • Sponsored links:

• paulfox said:
    Worst half of the year by a long way
    Fuck me mate, did you watch us under Adkins?, it’s not been great but that is a very bold statement.
    I assume he meant calendar year 
  • paulfox said:
    Ummm what date is it mate? 
  • The goal came against the run of play but we weren’t really creating any goalscoring opportunities and started crumbling towards the end of the half.

Dobson had a great first half apart from flaking out of two tackles in their goal and I feel sorry for Davison because he’s had a shocker.
  • Pearcey leads the Addicks out for the second half... Leko is set to enter the fray in place of Davison. COME ON YOU REDS!
  • Second half restarts, no changes made.

.I like Davison but strikers are confidence players and they get their confidence from scoring goals and then they score for fun. He hasn’t scored so is wasting time trying to get it just right when he should be simply scoring without having to think how
  • esseffect said:
    Davison trending on Twitter because our fans literally cannot help themselves but abuse a youth prospect. He’s had a terrible half - why write him off forever?
    He's been around for 2, 3 years. And won't be any longer

• 46' SUB | Confirmation that Josh Davison makes way for Jonathan Leko ahead of the second half...
  • paulfox said:
    As it's the 1st of January he is correct. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What's the odds for a Golfie ?

9/2 according to bobs lot
  • What's the odds for a Golfie ?

I'm not confident... Even before that Hanlan effort

• 46: Early chance for Wycombe! Hanlan outmuscles his man down the left to meet Jacobson's header, and bears down on goal, but curls into the arms of MacGillivray.
  • 50' Gilbey cuts into the box from the right, but his shot is blocked. #cafc 0 #wwfc 1
    1. 49'

Post update

Corner, Wycombe Wanderers. Conceded by Jason Pearce.

.I like Davison but strikers are confidence players and they get their confidence from scoring goals and then they score for fun. He hasn’t scored so is wasting time trying to get it just right when he should be simply scoring without having to think how
    I've seen enough if Davison over the past 2.5 seasons so say that he is not good enough. Certainly not for a team looking to get promoted and probably not even League 1 level. 
    1. 50'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Jonathan Leko (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked.

• ross1 said:
    49' McCleary sees a shit deflect wide from the edge of the box. #cafc 0 #wwfc 1

Not my spelling
    Ah, the joys of the i and o being next to each other on a keyboard and in this case a spellchecker doesn't help you.

We've all been there ...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!