Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Wycombe Wanderers | Saturday 1st Jan 2022

Comments

• SDAddick said:
    Forino-Joseph has gotten in the way of absolutely everything today. 
    Except that one. 
  • paulfox said:
    SDAddick said:
    paulfox said:
    Worst half of the year by a long way
    Fuck me mate, did you watch us under Adkins?, it’s not been great but that is a very bold statement.
    I assume he meant calendar year 
    Yeah fair play!!!, your right it was🤣🤣🤣  
    Sorry Paul :D
    Haha!! Done me🤣
  • 67' Leko drives into the box from the left and sends a low shot towards the bottom corner, but Stockdale gets down well. #cafc 0 #wwfc 1
  • I've seen enough of DJ now to realise that when he crosses the ball he hasn't got a f****g scooby where it's going to go.
     Wouldn't be surprised to hear he shuts his eyes beforehand
  • God Leko is a greedy shit.
  • I've seen enough of DJ now to realise that when he crosses the ball he hasn't got a f****g scooby where it's going to go.
    Bit harsh. He's been decent today imo

• 69' Wheeler booked for a foul on Gilbey. #cafc 0 #wwfc 1
  • Eliott Lee obviously didn't get a left foot for Christmas ...
  • SSN: If Charlton had a centre forward they would be winning
    1. 70'

Post update

Jason Pearce (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 70'

Post update

Foul by Sam Vokes (Wycombe Wanderers).

• Sponsored links:

• It's an unpopular opinion but I think this is another game where Lee has been pretty poor
  • ross1 said:
    SSN: If Charlton had a centre forward they would be winning
    Sums it up really
  • Ball just isn’t dropping for us! 
    Leko useless anywhere in/edge of the box
  • Leuth said:
    I've seen enough of DJ now to realise that when he crosses the ball he hasn't got a f****g scooby where it's going to go.
    Bit harsh. He's been decent today imo
     Not questioning his commitment. Just his inability to cross a football.

• Agonisingly close for the Addicks #cafc 0 #wwfc 1

• 71' Grimmer makes a goal-saving tackle to deny Leko in the box. #cafc 0 #wwfc 1
  • ross1 said:
    SSN: If Charlton had a centre forward they would be winning
    If we had someone prepared to have a bloody shot, even if it's on their weaker foot, it would be a step in the right direction.
  • Croydon said:
    It's an unpopular opinion but I think this is another game where Lee has been pretty poor
    Think he's linked well with Leko since he came on
  • A much better performance in the second half but you just feel it’s not gonna be our day. Watch out for the sucker punch 
  • 70: Grimmer to the rescue! Superb defending. Backs to the wall stuff from Wycombe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get Burstow on before it’s too late.

• 73: A good spell from Wycombe ends with Vokes heading wide from McCarthy's cross.
  • edited January 2022
    Here come all the silly fouls that let them see out the rest of the game comfortably
    1. 73'

Post update

Corner, Wycombe Wanderers. Conceded by Jason Pearce.

• Took a sneaky look at how many points we are from bottom 4 for first time since October.a lot nearer than 6th place that's for sure
    1. 74'

Post update

Foul by Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic).

2. 74'

Post update

Christian Forino Joseph (Wycombe Wanderers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

1. 75'

Post update

Attempt saved. Jordan Obita (Wycombe Wanderers) left footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Jason McCarthy.

• This is usually the point where I'd call out Washington and he scores. I just can't get my head around how wasteful he is.
  • Burstow for Washington please
    1. 75'

Post update

Attempt missed. Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic) header from the centre of the box misses to the right. Assisted by Jonathan Leko with a cross.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!