Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL LIFERS+++

Another year about to be etched on the wall and sadly another year that the Xmas party at CL Towers wasn’t up to its usual level of shenanigans. 

We decided to ‘do something’ and @Oggy Red kicked things off with his usual boyish enthusiasm, but no one’s heart was really in it. Oh how we missed @DaveMehmet fart machine over Zoom last year. Just like his previews, @ForeverAddickted turned up fashionably late. Things did pick up when @Stig brought out an incredibly creative and beautiful cake, but @aliwibble quickly Southall’d (pricked) the mood by demanding to know the source of the cake. Poor Stig never stood a chance. He mumbled the shop name with little confidence but could not produce a receipt. Music stopped and five minutes of trawling the shop’s website online led Ali to the conclusion that she could not rule out it may have been sourced from a different shop. Poor Stig was well and truly 'Wibbled' and the cake was promptly removed from the building. @lancashire lad ended up giving the event a 2.66 rating and no one could really complain.

Its been another crazy year in the following of Charlton Athletic. For many months none of us could attend and Curbs & Minto become regular features in our front rooms and grew into a tremendous double act. Then we could attend again and for part of this year we probably wished we couldn’t! Overall its felt a year of underperformance but fingers cross under Jacko we may have some positive upward movement ahead.

As always, a huge thanks to the enormous and (mostly) happy CL family, particularly those that help moderate, write previews, compile competitions and stats, collect for fundraising / sponsorships, start match threads etc. We celebrated our 15th birthday in the summer, this forum can no doubt be frustrating at times and I’m sure we all have individuals who drive us mad, but equally there is fun, laughter, support, encouragement, knowledge and togetherness. There is a lot of good things that emanate from this forum and it’s a pleasure sharing that journey with you all.

As we always remind, this time of year can be particularly difficult for some and we know a number of a CL family are having difficult times through physical & mental health, lost ones etc. Covid one way or another is proving a huge drain to all of us. Be kind to each other and our thoughts are with those who may be having a challenging time.

Merry Christmas everyone and up the Mighty Addicks! Let’s hope 2022 will be a year to enjoy. 

AFKA & Lookie

Comments

• Amen to that .. Merry Christmas, one and all. I hope you all have a good time and Santa brings you the gifts that you’re hoping for. Cheers 🍺🥂
  • Merry Christmas everyone...

Hope you all manage to have the best festive period possible
  • Merry Christmas all 

Will you be doing a 'rate my Christmas plate' to cheer me up?
  • Merry Christmas all 

Afraid not. 2 years ago it took up far more time than i was expecting, then last year i reshaped it but had to be scrapped last min as both my wife and I were very ill with Covid. So i'm staying well clear of it this year!

We'll have a 'Show us your Xmas plate' thread though for those that want to upload
  • Happy Christmas all, hope you can enjoy it as much as you can given the circumstances some of you are in.

Most of all, stay safe and let's all look forward to better things in 2022.
  • Thanks to AFKA and Lookie - maintaining such a great forum can't be easy - wishing a great  xmas to all. 
  • all the best to everyone ... stay safe
  • Thanks for another year at this amazing forum, absolute go to place for everything in life, not just The Addicks. 

Merry Christmas All you lovely Addicks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Merry Christmas all 

Afraid not. 2 years ago it took up far more time than i was expecting, then last year i reshaped it but had to be scrapped last min as both my wife and I were very ill with Covid. So i'm staying well clear of it this year!

We'll have a 'Show us your Xmas plate' thread though for those that want to upload
    Dentures on a nest of tinsle?

Merry Christmas to you all, and may your New Year be happy and healthy.
  • A very merry Christmas and a Happy and healthy New year to one and all. 
  • Merry Christmas all 

A new twist on reader's wives.
    Swear you said that last year.
  • A Happy and Peaceful Chrismas to One and All.
  • That's hilarious! Seems a few of the squad have a great sense of humour. 
  • edited December 2021
    Here we go guys, documentary evidence as to the source of my cake: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbq3kc29Tmg

Merry Christmas Everyone!
  • I'm not sure why but I always forget Washington is from Chatham and expect him to speak with an Irish accent
  • can't get who the second to last player is? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:
    Here we go guys, documentary evidence as the the source of my cake: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbq3kc29Tmg

Merry Christmas Everyone!
    and another RIP for Sir David Amess
  • Merry Christmas you filthy animals 🎄
  • Merry Christmas all 

A new twist on reader's wives.
    Swear you said that last year.
    Probably did. To be fair, I can barely remember what I had for breakfast nowadays.

• DOUCHER said:
    can't get who the second to last player is? 
    MacGillivray. 

Merry Christmas all. 
  • Happy Christmas everyone
  • Merry Crimbo everyone.....have a good one and many thanks to our chiefs for all their hard work
  • Merry Christmas everybody!

COYRS!!!!
  • clive said:
    Is Stockley going to have his own cookery show?
  • Happy Christmas to the wonderful CL family, especially those who put in hours of effort behind the scenes to keep it all going.
    Here's to a fun-filled and optimistic 2022. Up the Addicks!