Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 27th November 2021 @ 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Each and everyone one of you who made your way to the game despite the obstacles are heros. 
    Not really, just very dedicated football fans I’d say, heroes do much more important things.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Please, please, please no more shite from Palace.  Gallens friendship with Dougie has seen us pick up the hapless Souare, the perennially injured Innis and Williams and the garbage Watson and Kaikai. Enough already.
    It's actually not an unfair point.

At the time of the signings, each deal is made as if the player was a prime PL player and how lucky we are to have them. Then they don't even surpass expectations in a league two levels lower.
  • Options
    Just got back to the hotel after the game. I needed a stiff drink, after watching that turgid pile of crap. Was a continuation of the Morecombe second half. It was awful, still be out there now, and wouldn’t score. Sorry that was awful. The 0-0 was awful, then GOAL…. just to make the awful, even more fucking awful.
  • Options
    I have to say both teams were rubbish today , it was the worse game of football I’ve ever seen and it was bloody freezing. I think there obvious excuses mostly to do with square pegs in round holes which is what you get when one manager comes in playing a totally different formation to the one a lot of the players were bought to play in.

One slightly left field observation , why do we never shoot from outside the area? There were at least 3 or 4 times today when we had the balls in the sort of area where you think if nothing else is on just have a crack , but instead we try to pass the ball until we either get intercepted or end up going all the way back to our own half.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Interesting that we never used the 3rd sub today. That shows what Jacko thinks of Kirk as an attacking option at the moment.
    Nope, I believe that perhaps you've got it the wrong way round? ...... more like,Jacko would have had to take Souare off to bring Kirk on  - and didn't want to risk leaving our left side defensively exposed.

Especially true as Kirk does not offer any attacking threat.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Only seen the Sky highlights but apart from the foul on Dobson our 27 Souaré just appears to be standing around. Not closing down the goalscorer. Surely from the comments from fans who went there it was a bad decision not to sub him earlier?
    We had nobody on the bench who could have taken his place  That is the main reason why he was playing in the first place 
  • Options
    Ah, one last thing. If you boo when our players take the knee, you’re a first class bellend. 
    Genuinely didnt hear any, in fact one of our group (a BHA fan) commented on how well it was observed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah, one last thing. If you boo when our players take the knee, you’re a first class bellend. 
    Heard only applause from the Charlton fans the boos were coming from a very small minority the Shrewsbury fans down the side 
  • Options
    Oh where is Ryan Innis when you need him!
    In with the physio where he is likely to stay.
    I am afraid when we get to the window we will make the same mistake as last year, but with Lavelle and Inniss rather than Famewo and Inniss as it was then. We will hope they will recover from their serious injuries and when they don't we play a makeshift defence and get turned over as we have in the past two games. We need a big centre half coming into the club on January 1, or else history will repeat itself. Inniss is a crock, Pearce struggles to play 2 games a week and Lavelle is going to take some time to get match fit, even assuming his injury clears up.. When Famewo is suspended we will be open for the taking.
  • Options
    I just hope every single player who’s played in the last two games isn’t considered for the pizza trophy waste of time game. Give the players a rest and go all out to win on Friday night .
  • Options
    CBT does some very dangerous things.

Lets be honest, we aren't promotion material until we have a hungry goalscorer alongside midfielders who can bury a few from any angle. I'd hoped Lee and Gilbey would start to do so by now.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Shout outs to Elliot Lee, Sean Clare and Alex Gilbey especially today. 

It's interesting because I thought those 3 were poor today. Gilbey and Clare with their passing especially.

Maybe that's just compared to how good they've been recently though.
    It’s odd how we all see it differently - out of the three I thought Lee was the worst.  Lots of running around but unable to make any decent passes, and along with the rest of the team, seem unable to get any cross past the first defender. 

As someone else said, nobody was bad, but nobody was good.  If I had to pick, Dobson would be man of the match. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    What break?
    I should have said our break until the next league game which is on the Tuesday 7th December. That's 10 days. 

We have an EFL and FA Cup game in between that date of course, but I know what my priority is this season.

Obvious priority is the league, but… we could easily find ourselves out of contention in a few weeks time, and a cup run will be some sort of compensation at least. 
    Despite still having plenty of games left we are already out of contention in my opinion. 
    I agree a cup run would be some sort of compensation. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Heard only applause from the Charlton fans the boos were coming from a very small minority the Shrewsbury fans down the side 
    There were boos in the Charlton end. 
  • Options
    What a day! After setting off at 7.30 for the train from Eynsford because of tube strikes, we got to Euston earlier than expected. Cancellations started appearing on the board but our train to Preston was fine, phew! Lots of CAFC fans on there and as they kept announcing cancellations further up the line, our spirits were not dampened. It was a choice of Crewe or Wolverhampton to change and we chose the later. Then more cancellations due to trees on the line, points failures, no cabs to be had without waiting hours, so we had a a couple of hearty drinks and headed back home to Kent. Felt very deflating. Even worse, our train had no working toilets from Wolverhampton to Euston :D .  Finally on the train from Blackfriars thinking the faithful who had made it to Shrewsbury had sung them over the line for a 0-0, when the goal went in. :( What a day and well done to all who made it there.
  • Options
    They say decisions even themselves out over a season,well I know we see things from a Charlton perspective,but this is getting stupid.3 crap decisions at Morecombe,and an even more blatant one today,yes Washington might have got away with one against Rorherham,but I really do think ref wise we are poxed.Are referees at this level full or part time,recent decisions,are the result of either not seeing the incidents(in which case why not) or seeing them and not giving free kicks.Surely the club has a right to show the videos to the FA and ask what is going on.
  • Options
    Another strange this yesterday was the Police presence. My god it looked like a Millwall v West Ham game. Dozens of police, on foot, horses, motor bikes , vans and cars. Asked directions to station and officer had no idea, said been brought in from outside especially for this game… ?????
  • Options
    Another strange this yesterday was the Police presence. My god it looked like a Millwall v West Ham game. Dozens of police, on foot, horses, motor bikes , vans and cars. Asked directions to station and officer had no idea, said been brought in from outside especially for this game… ?????
    Elfsborg has started going to away games again.
    The police are taking no chances. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Can only be, as a result of the play off game up there a few seasons back.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Still fuming about this today.

How on earth has he not given that?
    Up there with the worst decisions I've seen.

Ask 100 refs to review it and there's no way any of them would say it was a fair challenge.
  • Options
    They say decisions even themselves out over a season,well I know we see things from a Charlton perspective,but this is getting stupid.3 crap decisions at Morecombe,and an even more blatant one today,yes Washington might have got away with one against Rorherham,but I really do think ref wise we are poxed.Are referees at this level full or part time,recent decisions,are the result of either not seeing the incidents(in which case why not) or seeing them and not giving free kicks.Surely the club has a right to show the videos to the FA and ask what is going on.
    Is it not just home bias? We got the Rotherham decision as we were the home team, in the away games the decisions went against us.