Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 27th November 2021 @ 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Watch the clip again.
    Where is the ref?
  • Options
    Well that's put a cat among the pigeons. I tweeted #announcejacko fair play to guitar man Thomas for holding his nerve. Gutted nevertheless really crap game in the end. The sort of game that makes you really hate this league.
  • Options
    That was brutal by Jacko towards Jayden  :D
  • Options
    Well that's put a cat among the pigeons. I tweeted #announcejacko fair play to guitar man Thomas for holding his nerve. Gutted nevertheless really crap game in the end. The sort of game that makes you really hate this league.
    I dunno, it’s one game. We were below par (on current form), but sandgaard stuck with Adkins when we were  absolutely dire.  If his has some kind of knee jerk reaction after 1 disappointing result, then he is in the wrong game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Commendable management, making the best of what you have got. Thin squad. Given what we've got, recent run is probably as good as it gets. Let us not forget that many "great" managers are bank-rolled to success. Wonder how Sir Alec Ferguson may have got on at (no disrespect to) Halifax on their budget ? Having quality cover in duplicate is a managerial dream to which few can aspire. Like Lawrenson, Curbishley....... making the best of what is there, as in any profession, is the sign of good management.  
  • Options
    Interesting that we never used the 3rd sub today. That shows what Jacko thinks of Kirk as an attacking option at the moment.
  • Options
    Just starting to feel my feet again. Thought we looked tired again at times and Shrewsbury sat back and we couldn't unlocked them. Pape spare I don't want to see again. Didn't see the dobson incident but now seen it back, how has the referee missed that, then again he missed alot. I'm not sure what Davison offers. This was a game for Stockley. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    A lot of poor performances today. Can't just be blaming the ref for a 50/50 at the end. 
  • Options
    Any chance of a summary for those of us who don't have the stream?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Unfortunately in this league you get results like that. It does mean that the "play off" dream is simply that a dream. Season is a write off. 
    Yeah, in Bowyer's promotion year, remember Rochdale away?
    We dropped to 13th.

Didn't stop us being promoted though.

Totally but do we honestly believe we have even a fraction of the team we did that season?
    I hope we can do it, but 9 defeats in 20 games might be a step too far. 

EDIT: We lost just 10 games that season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that we never used the 3rd sub today. That shows what Jacko thinks of Kirk as an attacking option at the moment.
    Nope, I believe that perhaps you've got it the wrong way round? ...... more like,Jacko would have had to take Souare off to bring Kirk on  - and didn't want to risk leaving our left side defensively exposed.

• Options
    I don’t like that the refs just pick up their match fee and walk away no questions asked. He should be asked about the incident at the end….watch it and comment. 
  • Options
    Very tough day at the office. Was always going to be 1 goal which separated the clubs. Squad doesn’t have enough quality to sustain a promotion push. Had a draw chances but not enough to deserve all three points.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    To the referees amongst us, what happens to the officials in a case like this? How exactly would a situation like this reflect on the referee as part of the routine performance review. And what role does Charlton’s take on the official’s perforce play, assuming the club has a role?

I’m not suggesting it’s crime of the century, because if we had done what we’re capable of doing we would have been free and clear before the incident, but just interested in the process of assessment of officials.
  • Options
    Didn’t get a chance to watch. Sounds a bit of a meh game. Pretty much no team is ever going to go unbeaten for to long in this league, so I’m not feeling to despondent by the result.

Its how we react to this now over the next 4 - 6 games that’s important. It’s difficult to take out the emotion, but as we shouldn’t have been having meltdowns about JJ not being made permanent after the Plymouth win, we shouldn’t be having meltdowns about the last 2 results either.
  • Options
    Commendable management, making the best of what you have got. Thin squad. Given what we've got, recent run is probably as good as it gets. Let us not forget that many "great" managers are bank-rolled to success. Wonder how Sir Alec Ferguson may have got on at (no disrespect to) Halifax on their budget ? Having quality cover in duplicate is a managerial dream to which few can aspire. Like Lawrenson, Curbishley....... making the best of what is there, as in any profession, is the sign of good management.  

Who is this Lawrenson you speak of?
    Sorry, I am an old man that can remember "real" football, even though I have trouble remembering names. The mist is certainly rolling in for me! Congratulations on your swift observation, and scathing wit.  
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Any chance of a summary for those of us who don't have the stream?
    It was nothing. Just a throwaway comment from Jackson about Stockley getting back fit and ready to play after Minto quipped that Stockley was a decent 'pundit'. 
  • Options
    Opps, but we go again!