Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Let’s hope it starts raining for the next 3 days! No Saini and Henry was always going to mean Essex would rack over 400 once again 
  • Options
    459-7

Good job we won the toss!!!!
  • Options
    Stevo injured or not selected?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Stevo injured or not selected?
    Not selected but he might still have a niggle. He scored a ton for St Lawrence and Highland Court on Saturday but didn't bowl. We need him spot on for the Final anyway.

Ben Trott plays for the same club and is virtually the same age as Stevens too. Trott retired from professional cricket 18 years ago!
  • Options
    573 all out

Compton opening with Robinson in our innings
  • Options
    Compton bowled round his legs by Porter for 2

5-1
  • Options
    FFS - How do |I mute a group WhatsApp chat ......
  • Options
    Robinson's gone too. Caught at backward point off that man Porter.
  • Options
    DBD out now, caught behind off Cook

40-3

Where's that rain Fanny?
  • Options
    70-4

Denly out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DBD out now, caught behind off Cook

40-3

Where's that rain Fanny?
    I've worn myself out this afternoon & given it my best shot.

But it did rain here ! 
  • Options
    Bad light stopped play at 74-4

Not sure whether Billings will be able to bat
  • Options
    70-4

Denly out
    OMG!
  • Options
    Perhaps two of our middle order batsmen could both get double centuries 🤔
  • Options
    Leaning out. Billings has come in to bat

105-5
  • Options
    Leaning out. Billings has come in to bat

105-5
    And goes for a duck
  • Options
    Turned it off, very embarrassing stuff 
  • Options
    Billings (2022) = 143 Championship runs, 253 Blast runs and zero Royal runs (Total for Kent in all comps = 396 runs)
    Billings (2021) = 149 Championship runs, 121 Blast runs and zero Royal runs (Total for Kent in all comps = 270 runs)
    Billings (2020) =   20 Championship runs,  86 Blast runs and zero Royal runs (Total for Kent in all comps = 106 runs)
    Billings (2019) =  366 Championship runs, 74 Blast runs and zero Royal runs (Total for Kent in all comps = 440 runs)

Good job Billings has signed a new contract and Robinson hasn't!!!
  • Options
    134-8

Stewart and Podmore the latest to depart. Cox (26) hanging on in there!
  • Options
    To be fair to billings, it was quite visible he was struggling with his injury ! Doesn’t excuse the pathetic stats he has though, I’m still hoping Robinson will have a u-turn 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair to billings, it was quite visible he was struggling with his injury ! Doesn’t excuse the pathetic stats he has though, I’m still hoping Robinson will have a u-turn 
    I think the bookies have closed their book on where Robinson will be next season and that decision revolves around England's insistence that Billings keeps for Kent
  • Options
    Cox out for 34

145-9
  • Options
    164 all out so 409 runs behind
  • Options
    And we're batting again of course
  • Options
    20-1 Rain stopped play

Robinson caught behind for 15
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Somerset 2s have playing for them Billy Mead which is interesting because he's been keeping for our 2s all season and scored a ton against the SL Development team. I half expected him to play for our 2s for the duration and then Kent to offer him a contract following Robinson's departure. 

In the Somerset side are Mead, Smeed and Umeed. Sounds like a firm of solicitors!
  • Options
    Well, we've just started again. And DBD is out already.

As I said before, a good job we won the toss and elected to bowl.
  • Options
    30-3 Compton out

Raining tomorrow but 43 overs still to go today
  • Options
    Leaning out first ball
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Shameful stuff this. The pitch was nowhere near a 500 plus pitch. All this just goes to show how village our bowling and now our batting line up are.  Major shake up needed 

Heard Paul farbrace quit Warwickshire in order to come back near his family, who all live in kent. Could he be a better option, now he is back in the county?