Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Tickets for the final are on sale now from Notts C C C
  • That 12/1 on us winning the Royal London is looking quite big now.
  • Fleetwood or Trent Bridge ? .. T Bridge for me
    For sure, Lincs. 

Would be great to meet up with other Lifers there on the day.
    For sure, Lincs. 

just booked a ticket in the Radcliffe Road end Fanny .. not seen Kent play live since I lived in a flat overlooking the Beckenham ground.

• Great stuff...knew we would win it.
  • That was superb. Is there is anyway that Kent can entice Ollie to stay?.  I would love to think so.
    At this rate Stevo will be getting his Freedom Pass before he retires.
    For sure, Lincs. 

just booked a ticket in the Radcliffe Road end Fanny .. not seen Kent play live since I lived in a flat overlooking the Beckenham ground.

Great stuff, Lincs.

Will email our friends & fellow cricket lovers to ascertain whether they fancy joining us before we book.
  • Really pleased for all of the players. They have turned an abject season into one that has something to play for at the end of the season. With Ollie off and maybe Stevo as well ( didn't Kent make a u turn a few years ago when he scored a double ton ? ) you would hope that they offer Harry Finch something. 

i hope Blakeys hand heals quickly enough for the final , he missed the T20 final last year with an injury at virtually the same stage of the competition. 
  • That was excellent - the last 3 games have been a very enjoyable watch and if anyone was going to do it, it was going to be God himself!

Listening to the commentary, it sounds like losing the the semi's would have netted us £30k but there is a minimum of £105k (this was based on past seasons) for being in the final - not sure of the prize money if you win it. That extra £70k+ could prove handy!

The final sadly falls on my partner's birthday - but I am sure she'd love to spend it watching a youtube stream (already had the Notts trip shot down!)
  • Sponsored links:

Probably for me too. Luckily I hadn't booked Fleetwood yet, due to the Avanti train shambles
  • If Lancashire had beaten us in the final group game - a game we won with one ball to spare - we would have been out.

Instead we meet again in the final!
  • On the other hand

This season I've seen Kent twice, and both times we've lost badly
    Plus I've seen Kent in 3 One Day Cup finals (at Lord's), and we've lost all 3

I might be cursed  :D
  • Engineering works that weekend out of St Pancras, so no direct trains to Nottingham. You have to go from Kings X to Grantham then change there.
  • On the other hand

This season I've seen Kent twice, and both times we've lost badly
    Plus I've seen Kent in 3 One Day Cup finals (at Lord's), and we've lost all 3

I might be cursed  :D
    I caught a couple of one day finals at Lords. Middlesex and Hampshire sank us and it was a miserable experience.
    Good news is I won't be within a thousand miles this time.
  • Kent vs Lancs at Trent Bridge coincides with Bexley playing at Lords in the National Club final. That will annoy a lot of people! Sadly, I cannot make either game, nor the Fleetwood match!
  • Won’t be many dry eyes saying goodbye to Stevo , result regardless 
  • Can anyone tell me is there a particular part of the ground where Kent fans are likely to take up there seats?
  • Pedro45 said:
    Kent vs Lancs at Trent Bridge coincides with Bexley playing at Lords in the National Club final. That will annoy a lot of people! Sadly, I cannot make either game, nor the Fleetwood match!
    It will annoy Bexley the most - they are only allowed to play one pro and Robinson did so for the Semi. For the Final, they won't have either Robinson or Jas Singh available.
  • lemme guess.. the final isn't going to be on sky?
  • Sponsored links:

• lemme guess.. the final isn't going to be on sky?
    It is on Sky because The Hundred is well and truly over by then.
  • edited August 2022

• Opening the batting for Tunbridge Wells 4s this weekend were Tim Luckhurst and Craig Denness - the sons of Brian and Mike respectively.

Those names bring back great memories of when I first really started to follow Kent and the thrill of seeing Luckhurst, Denness, Colin Cowdrey, Alan Knott, Derek Underwood and Bob Woolmer all represent England in the 1970s. Add the likes of John Shepherd, Asif Iqbal, Alan Ealham, Graham Johnson and Bernard Julien to that lot and it still remains my favourite Kent era. 

Rose tinted glasses? Perhaps!
    Objectively, that can be considered Kent's greatest ever era. Indeed as a child I took it for granted that Kent would continue to produce great players and win trophies
  • Opening the batting for Tunbridge Wells 4s this weekend were Tim Luckhurst and Craig Denness - the sons of Brian and Mike respectively.

Those names bring back great memories of when I first really started to follow Kent and the thrill of seeing Luckhurst, Denness, Colin Cowdrey, Alan Knott, Derek Underwood and Bob Woolmer all represent England in the 1970s. Add the likes of John Shepherd, Asif Iqbal, Alan Ealham, Graham Johnson and Bernard Julien to that lot and it still remains my favourite Kent era. 

i was once coached by this guy, massive prick in my experience. I was about 12 at the time. 

Me too! It was a fantastic time to grow up watching Kent. Add to that John Dye and Norman Graham (he couldn’t bat but sure knew how to bowl!).
    what a team

I met Tim as he captains the Kent 50+ side, and is a very nice man. 

That Kent team was wonderful, and ably supplemented by big Norman Graham, John Dye, and Graham Nicholls when Knotty was away on England duty. 
  • edited August 2022
    Opening the batting for Tunbridge Wells 4s this weekend were Tim Luckhurst and Craig Denness - the sons of Brian and Mike respectively.

Not at all. That was the finest Kent era in my lifetime, and by a large margin.
  • edited August 2022
    bobmunro said:
    Opening the batting for Tunbridge Wells 4s this weekend were Tim Luckhurst and Craig Denness - the sons of Brian and Mike respectively.

Not at all. That was the finest Kent era in my lifetime, and by a large margin.
    And it continued into the 80s, with the likes of Dilley, Tavare, Aslett, Benson, Taylor, Cowdrey C and G, Baptiste etc, all very decent players in their own right
  • Kent's late run in the RLODC has to be the most unlikely comeback/salvaging of a dreadful season we've ever seen.
    I will do my bit and stay far from Trent Bridge on 17 September.
    I've seen my county play at various venues, across most formats, in 4 decades and never once have they come close to avoiding defeat.
    Listening via such scratchy weblink as BBC may deign to facilitate, with fingers and toes crossed that the inevitably crucial toss goes Kent's way and the middle order holds it's recent ODC form.