Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    196-5, all the wickets falling to the spinners
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    At Beckenham, young Prest got a brilliant 181 against us

Today, a golden duck! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Can’t believe these are not televised 
    I can - the ECB do not want ANY distractions!
  • Options
    The concern is that Blake went off with an injured hand - both for Kent today and Bickley Park on Saturday as they need him to demolish Sandwich with bat and ball.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    300-320 could be on the cards here

• Options
    Hants 296/7 with 10 balls to go
  • Options
    Think anything over 300 would be too much for Kent to chase, hope they can do it though.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    310-9 off 50

We've chased similar scores and as Hants were 106-0 off 19.4 it might have been a lot worse. Hope Blake will be able to bat. 
  • Options
    Good come back from Kent's bowlers. At 106-0 and 188-3 a score around 350 was a distinct possibility, so to keep them down to just over 300 was a great effort. Need a descent start with the bat now though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Over to the U 21s stream for 30 mins now.

It's all go here !
  • Options
    I hear sound on the stream!
  • Options
    Come on boys lets beat those hogs
  • Options
    I hear sound on the stream!
    So can I - not that I really wanted to see and hear Evison getting out!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    That is a shame - Robinson out for 95 off 89. Finch is on 50 off 56 and is joined by Stevens. No sign of Blake who doesn't normally bat at 7 so I fear the worst so far as he is concerned.

135 needed at just over 7 an over 
  • Options
    Where we are going to struggle with Stevens at the wicket will be the quick singles and turning ones in to twos. Hopefully a few boundaries from Stevens will make up for that.
  • Options
    And as always happens one batsman going well follows another. Finch out for 52 off 61. And the disastrous news is that Stewart and not Blake is in.

130 needed at 7.5
  • Options
    Sussex are on a bit of a go slow in our game at the minute. With Pujara and Haines at the crease its still Sussex's to lose at the minute
  • Options
    Sussex are on a bit of a go slow in our game at the minute. With Pujara and Haines at the crease its still Sussex's to lose at the minute
    Pujara lasted around 40 seconds after I posted this  :D
  • Options
    And as always happens one batsman going well follows another. Finch out for 52 off 61. And the disastrous news is that Stewart and not Blake is in.

130 needed at 7.5
    a very difficult task from here .. be a great swansong if Darren Stevens can get them out of this hole
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    225-5 (but probably for 6)

Hants were 199-5 at the same stage. 86 off 12 required.

• Options
    72 off the final 10
  • Options
    Bizarre dismissal of Stewart - caught and bowled off the glove or splice pulling the ball.

Podmore is in so no Blake. Wonder if he will be able to come in at 11 if required.
  • Options
    If Stevens gets us to the final then wins it I think Hollywood will come knocking. 
  • Options
    Stevo 50 off 50 balls
  • Options
    49 to win off 7
  • Options
    I’m just on the phone to Simon Pegg’s agent. 
  • Options
    It’s too much. I’m going into the garden for 20 minutes. 
  • Options
    Where we are going to struggle with Stevens at the wicket will be the quick singles and turning ones in to twos. Hopefully a few boundaries from Stevens will make up for that.
    Who needs ones and twos with Stevo at the wicket!!!
  • Options
    34 off 6