Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Got my tickets in the Fox Road Stand. 
  • edited August 2022
    I always had the unrealistic dream of opening a pub in a Kentish village looking out at a cricket pitch.
    I would have named the pub….”Caught Knott bowled Underwood.”
  • Just ordered my ticket.
    Radcliffe Road Upper….under cover…..just in case!
  • pettgra said:
    Can anyone tell me is there a particular part of the ground where Kent fans are likely to take up there seats?
    It's weird that there's no guidance about this. I remember at Lord's in 2019(?), there definitely seemed to be definite areas of the ground dominated by Kent and Hampshire fans
  • Fantastic news!

Won’t be if Lancashire decide to then play their strongest team though ! 
  • Not many of our Hundred players have really done the business this year anyway. 

A train strike on the 17th September adds another complication
  • Not many of our Hundred players have really done the business this year anyway. 

Could be wrong but I thought it was 19th September.

As much as I detest all that the Hundred represents, I still think it would be a bit harsh to make our lads involved in it make their own way to Trent Bridge. I'm sure there'll be room on the coach - just make them sit in their own segregated area. 
  • Sponsored links:

There was already a strike on the 15th, but now there's also one on the 17th

Not sure what operators it affects

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62757431

There was already a strike on the 15th, but now there's also one on the 17th

Not sure what operators it affects

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62757431
    OK, thanks.

Heard it announced on Radio 5 Live when in the car last night , worked out which day of the week that would be & said to Mr F "That's a school day ".....so I'm sure that the 19th was the date stated. 

Oh well, we won't be needing to travel by  train on those dates. 
  • Jordan Cox is in England T20 squad to face Pakistan this month. So now it's not just Billings that might be called up from now on but either him or Cox which might just make the loss of Robinson even more painful from next season onwards. Cox only has one year left on his contract anyway - I'm sure that we would have offered him an extension by now so slightly concerning that nothing has happened in that respect.
  • I had considered taking the train up just for the day, but have instead booked a cancellable (for the next week) cheap hotel for the weekend with free parking!
  • I had considered taking the train up just for the day, but have instead booked a cancellable (for the next week) cheap hotel for the weekend with free parking!
    luckily for me, Trent bridge is well within striking distance by car, so no trains or hotel needed 
  • Purchased our 3 tickets this morning, in the William Clarke Stand. 

Will be driving up from E Sussex & picking up our Addick pal, Don near the Dartford Tunnel.
  • bobmunro said:
    Opening the batting for Tunbridge Wells 4s this weekend were Tim Luckhurst and Craig Denness - the sons of Brian and Mike respectively.

Those names bring back great memories of when I first really started to follow Kent and the thrill of seeing Luckhurst, Denness, Colin Cowdrey, Alan Knott, Derek Underwood and Bob Woolmer all represent England in the 1970s. Add the likes of John Shepherd, Asif Iqbal, Alan Ealham, Graham Johnson and Bernard Julien to that lot and it still remains my favourite Kent era. 

Rose tinted glasses? Perhaps!
    Not at all. That was the finest Kent era in my lifetime, and by a large margin.
    And it continued into the 80s, with the likes of Dilley, Tavare, Aslett, Benson, Taylor, Cowdrey C and G, Baptiste etc, all very decent players in their own right
    Not forgetting the great Carl Hooper and Kevin Jarvis. I used to play schools cricket against Jarvis, boy was he quick.
  • this is going to be a long old four days ( if it gets to the 4th day) 

this bowling line up wouldn’t get 20 wickets at Kent league level let alone county level ! Has to be something we are looking to strengthen, not sure how much longer I can take of Quinn wobbling in  
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    Opening the batting for Tunbridge Wells 4s this weekend were Tim Luckhurst and Craig Denness - the sons of Brian and Mike respectively.

Those names bring back great memories of when I first really started to follow Kent and the thrill of seeing Luckhurst, Denness, Colin Cowdrey, Alan Knott, Derek Underwood and Bob Woolmer all represent England in the 1970s. Add the likes of John Shepherd, Asif Iqbal, Alan Ealham, Graham Johnson and Bernard Julien to that lot and it still remains my favourite Kent era. 

Rose tinted glasses? Perhaps!
    Not at all. That was the finest Kent era in my lifetime, and by a large margin.
    And it continued into the 80s, with the likes of Dilley, Tavare, Aslett, Benson, Taylor, Cowdrey C and G, Baptiste etc, all very decent players in their own right
    Not forgetting the great Carl Hooper and Kevin Jarvis. I used to play schools cricket against Jarvis, boy was he quick.
    The man on the left (taken in March in Australia) you mean. Seb who is looking to catch up with him when he leaves in four weeks time for another six months stint in Aus:

Is Seb going back to the DLCA or just going out there to play club cricket for the winter ?
  • He's going out there to play club cricket and work but the DLCA have said that they might ask him to play in the odd game for them too. Unfortunately, his club have had a change of structure and Hoops is no longer the coach but Seb will still try and catch up with him.
  • That’s good. Jamie did the same and the second year lodged with the scorers family at the club he played for. 
  • Kent need to get a few wickets this afternoon although I note the batting teams in division one are collectively around 350-2 this morning 
  • Essex finish on 327-4

• Gilchrist pulled out of the game through illness. In the game itself, Billings injured his groin and Milnes is suffering from a bad back. Both are being monitored but it sounds like Billings is going to struggle to play on.
  • Gilchrist pulled out of the game through illness. In the game itself, Billings injured his groin and Milnes is suffering from a bad back. Both are being monitored but it sounds like Billings is going to struggle to play on.
    Both Billings and Milnes were clearly ruined by the Hundred...
  • edited September 2022
    According to the BBC Kent, Henry will not be returning to play due to injury (although currently playing in an ODI) and Saini unlikely to be able to do so either due to domestic commitments. So, with Linde out injured too, we've gone from any two from three overseas to any zero from zero!
  • 383-7

DBD with the figures of 8-0-29-3
  • 408-7 at lunch