Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Cant see this being called off, but i understand those that have booked tickets and hotels being a bit nervous about it. I believe the funeral is on Monday, what better way than to get the crowd singing god save the queen before the start of the final.
  • Options
    Cant see this being called off, but i understand those that have booked tickets and hotels being a bit nervous about it. I believe the funeral is on Monday, what better way than to get the crowd singing god save the queen before the start of the final.
    I tweeted Kent asking about this and got no reply.

As the funeral won't be next weekend AND the match is being held outside of London, I can't see this being postponed now
  • Options
    I tweeted Kent asking about this and got no reply.

As the funeral won't be next weekend AND the match is being held outside of London, I can't see this being postponed now
    We are going up on the Friday and I believe Forest are playing Fulham in the evening.
    Should be nice and busy as we are staying at a Premier Inn near the ground.
  • Options
    In the CC is it just 1 or do 2 get relegated this year? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    That I believe has yet to be decided I believe. From The Cricketer 26th August:

The County Championship fixture list is set to remain at 14 fixtures per side in 2023.

The ongoing high-performance review has been assessing where structural changes are required in the English domestic game, in an effort to narrow the gap between county cricket and the international arena.

As part of the review, a reduction of the number of red-ball games is believed to have been under discussion, but such a course of action is highly unlikely to be implemented next season, as the ECB seeks to give counties the opportunity to further consult with players, members and other key stakeholders.

It has not yet been determined how those 14 fixtures will be split in terms of divisions, with counties ultimately having the final say in the makeup of the competition.

• Options
    thanks AA. But seems totally ridiculous going into a season or even the last match of the season not knowing the rules. If it's 2 we could be in trouble! 
  • Options
    redman said:
    That I believe has yet to be decided I believe. From The Cricketer 26th August:

The County Championship fixture list is set to remain at 14 fixtures per side in 2023.

The ongoing high-performance review has been assessing where structural changes are required in the English domestic game, in an effort to narrow the gap between county cricket and the international arena.

As part of the review, a reduction of the number of red-ball games is believed to have been under discussion, but such a course of action is highly unlikely to be implemented next season, as the ECB seeks to give counties the opportunity to further consult with players, members and other key stakeholders.

It has not yet been determined how those 14 fixtures will be split in terms of divisions, with counties ultimately having the final say in the makeup of the competition.

Are the counties are best placed to decide on the best makeup of the competition ?  
  • Options
    redman said:
    thanks AA. But seems totally ridiculous going into a season or even the last match of the season not knowing the rules. If it's 2 we could be in trouble! 
    Depends on who is in the bottom 2 before a decision is made....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very interesting article in the latest edition of Wisden's Cricketer Monthly in which Darren Stevens doesn't hold back at his frustration at Kent in not offering him a player/coaching role.

Stevens says that he has been encouraged to get all the badges and is in talks with other Counties but is upset that Downton isn't interested in offering him a role. Can't quote the whole article but this is the nub of it:

"I know our lads that have grown up through Kent. I know their games inside out, better than they do. This is obviously what I want to do but it seems a no brainer to me. For some reason the hierarchy are basically saying that you can't be a coach in a changing room. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something that's blatantly obvious, but I can't see it. 
  • Options
    Warks and Somerset drew, so Somerset are above us in the table, while we are level with Warks...

And we are away to title chasing Hampshire next week, while Warks face bottom of the table Gloucs and Somerset face mid table Northants  :#
  • Options
    Warks and Somerset drew, so Somerset are above us in the table, while we are level with Warks...

And we are away to title chasing Hampshire next week, while Warks face bottom of the table Gloucs and Somerset face mid table Northants  :#
    And we play Somerset in the final game of the season. Let's hope that one isn't rained off!!!
  • Options
    Guys .

Fanny needs your help ! 

Sadly, it seems I've taken my eye off the ball & am only now trying to sort parking for tomorrow as close as possible to Trent Bridge.

The car parks indicated on the site are not available it seems and looking at Your Parking Space which we've successfully used for Sheffield Weds, is bringing up high prices or driveways ...Won't consider the latter as we had a bad experience last season in Wycombe.

Any assistance/suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Need to be as close as possible to the Ground as bound to encounter some problems en route from E Sussex which we'll be leaving circa 6-6.30am . 

Thanks x
  • Options
    Guys .

Fanny needs your help ! 

Sadly, it seems I've taken my eye off the ball & am only now trying to sort parking for tomorrow as close as possible to Trent Bridge.

The car parks indicated on the site are not available it seems and looking at Your Parking Space which we've successfully used for Sheffield Weds, is bringing up high prices or driveways ...Won't consider the latter as we had a bad experience last season in Wycombe.

Any assistance/suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Need to be as close as possible to the Ground as bound to encounter some problems en route from E Sussex which we'll be leaving circa 6-6.30am . 

Thanks x
    Afternoon Fanny

I toyed with the idea of driving in view of the engineering works/strike action/name your excuses that afflict the trains on a regular basis, but now they are playing nicely we are training it to have a few beers. 

albert road car park 10 minutes to the south of the ground ain't cheap at £20, but I thought it would be easier to get to and less crowded as its away from the city centre. its a ring go car park so download the app on your phone before you go. Having walked round the area of west bridgeford and albert road on google map there seem to be opportunities for street parking. good luck and enjoy the game
  • Options
    Sorry can't help as driving up today, having booked a hotel before the strikes were called off. Will then take a bus or tram into Nottingham.

M1 really slow this morning 
  • Options
    Guys .

Fanny needs your help ! 

Thanks x
    are you saying this is not available FF .. Car Parking

Car Parking for spectators is available in the Bridge Field Car Park on Bridgford Road, a few hundred yards beyond Trent Bridge, priced at £5 (£2 for Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club Members).

Overspill car parking is situated at the Notts Sports Ground, Lady Bay, off the A6011 Radcliffe Road, and at Nottingham Forest Football Club behind the Brian Clough Stand, off Lady Bay Bridge and then Scarrington Road.

This is where I plan to park .. check Google maps, it is literally just down the road from the ground

• Options
    Thanks, guys.

I feel really stooopid leaving it this late , with close by car parks sold out now. 

Will have a rethink.

Hope to see you there ! 

• Options
    Guys .

Fanny needs your help ! 

Thanks x
    are you saying this is not available FF .. Car Parking

Car Parking for spectators is available in the Bridge Field Car Park on Bridgford Road, a few hundred yards beyond Trent Bridge, priced at £5 (£2 for Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club Members).

Overspill car parking is situated at the Notts Sports Ground, Lady Bay, off the A6011 Radcliffe Road, and at Nottingham Forest Football Club behind the Brian Clough Stand, off Lady Bay Bridge and then Scarrington Road.

This is where I plan to park .. check Google maps, it is literally just down the road from the ground

I've already tried to look at spaces to book at both Bridge Field  & Notts Sports Ground links and found " Not available" on both. 

Still trying to get an answer on non matchday parking at The City Ground but most options are via a company such as Just Parking / Your Space ....

Have you tried all those options or expecting to turn up and be able to park on the day ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK.

I've just called Notts Rugby Club on 0115 9070070 , sited at 1 Holme Rd, NG2 5AA ( Right next to Trent Bridge according to the guy I spoke with) and was told that their car park of circa 300 spaces will be open tomorrow with Nottingham CCC dealing with it on the day. There will be a charge as yet unknown but not excessive....I was assured that it won't be a problem but they can't accept any bookings in advance.

Unless I hear differently from you, I guess this is where we'll head & get there as early as we can.
  • Options
    And NOW there is a page on the Notts CCC website about tomorrow's match ! 

Doesn't mention the Rugby Club but does say there will be on the day parking available at The City Ground ( NG2 5FU accessible via Lady Bay Bridge) costing £12. 

It also confirms my findings that Bridge Field & Notts Sports Ground are fully booked.

Hope that helps ! 
  • Options
    I hope all those managing to go tomorrow have a great day and that you get to see, at first hand, the boys land the trophy. 

Below is the match day squad. One suspects that Logan, Muyeye and then one from Quinn, Podmore or Gilchrist will be left out:

• Options
    Conor McKerr has joined us 'til the end of the season. Surrey will do anything to help them win the CC!!!
  • Options

Doesn't mention the Rugby Club but does say there will be on the day parking available at The City Ground ( NG2 5FU accessible via Lady Bay Bridge) costing £12. 

It also confirms my findings that Bridge Field & Notts Sports Ground are fully booked.

Hope that helps ! 
    Handy that Forest are playing tonight rather than tomorrow 
  • Options

Hope that helps ! 
    Handy that Forest are playing tonight rather than tomorrow 
    obviously arranged that way
  • Options
    Playing Fulham tonight, so expect the bars of Nottingham to be cleaned out of Champagne and Chablis.
  • Options
    Sorry can't help as driving up today, having booked a hotel before the strikes were called off. Will then take a bus or tram into Nottingham.

Sorry to be a pain, killerandflash, but Mr F is questioning the route as detailed via AA site.

Telling us to leave the M1 at jct 15, then go back on it, then leave again at jct 16 ! 

Looking at his map, Mr F says he wouldn't be looking to come off the motorway until around jct 21....

Just wondering if parts of the M1 are closed so would be grateful to hear where your drive took you, if possible, please.

Thanks x
  • Options
    Playing Fulham tonight, so expect the bars of Nottingham to be cleaned out of Champagne and Chablis.
    And all the 'Spoons cleaned out by Seb's mates who are at Uni there!
  • Options

Sorry to be a pain, killerandflash, but Mr F is questioning the route as detailed via AA site.

Telling us to leave the M1 at jct 15, then go back on it, then leave again at jct 16 ! 

Looking at his map, Mr F says he wouldn't be looking to come off the motorway until around jct 21....

Just wondering if parts of the M1 are closed so would be grateful to hear where your drive took you, if possible, please.

Thanks x
    relates to today .. from M! website .. There is heavy traffic on the M1 northbound this afternoon. The delays follow a crash between Leicester and Lutterworth.

Motorists have been urged to avoid driving on the northbound carriageway between junction 20 for Lutterworth and junction 21 for Leicester because of the incident.

In a statement issued at 1.51pm, Leicestershire Police said there had been a road traffic collision in the area. The force wrote on Twitter: "Heavy traffic in area - please find alternate routes until further notice."

Motorway traffic cameras between junctions 20 and 21 show a large build-up of traffic as a result of the crash.