Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Ah, thanks, Lincs. 

Hope you manage to get parked up easily tomorrow.
  • Options
    Correct, just bad traffic caused by an incident, rather than roadworks.

Maybe tomorrow will be better, but I'd advise allowing for traffic foulups on the M1, as there's always something which goes wrong! Another chance to sing the new national anthem before the game too!
  • Options
    Very interesting article in the latest edition of Wisden's Cricketer Monthly in which Darren Stevens doesn't hold back at his frustration at Kent in not offering him a player/coaching role.

Stevens says that he has been encouraged to get all the badges and is in talks with other Counties but is upset that Downton isn't interested in offering him a role. Can't quote the whole article but this is the nub of it:

"I know our lads that have grown up through Kent. I know their games inside out, better than they do. This is obviously what I want to do but it seems a no brainer to me. For some reason the hierarchy are basically saying that you can't be a coach in a changing room. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something that's blatantly obvious, but I can't see it. 
    A similar article on the same subject, this time on Cricinfo:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/royal-london-cup-final-2022-darren-stevens-puts-kent-hurt-to-one-side-in-pursuit-of-farewell-silverware-1335178?fbclid=IwAR0TdxXt1-LPyaZjHjSVw1xezJhs8pnUxabgDUqRTFz2wlIhsiJRhxIWVSM
  • Options
    Safe journey all those going tomorrow, reckon we are the underdogs but lets use that in a positive way.
  • Options
    Safe journey all those going tomorrow, reckon we are the underdogs but lets use that in a positive way.
    We've been the underdogs for all our knockout matches, and indeed the final group games!

I'm happy to keep writing us off...
  • Options
    And NOW there is a page on the Notts CCC website about tomorrow's match ! 

Doesn't mention the Rugby Club but does say there will be on the day parking available at The City Ground ( NG2 5FU accessible via Lady Bay Bridge) costing £12. 

It also confirms my findings that Bridge Field & Notts Sports Ground are fully booked.

Hope that helps ! 
    Handy that Forest are playing tonight rather than tomorrow 
    obviously arranged that way
    It seems that it was actually moved because of the cricket. Nottingham can't cope with Fulham AND Kent fans at the same time!
  • Options
    We've been the underdogs for all our knockout matches, and indeed the final group games!

I'm happy to keep writing us off...
    Me too, hope at last we can win a long haul final.
  • Options
    Our team as per the semi. Lancs have made one change. According to Atherton, Lancs would have played the likes of Livingstone and Buttler had they been available. 
  • Options
    Kent won the toss and will bat.

Lovely and sunny, glad I brought my sunhat!
  • Options
    Odd shaped ground, the stand I'm in is weirdly distant from the outfield.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Atherton interviewing Stevens says to him - "the only man I played against who is still playing today - and I've been retired 20 years!"

• Options
    That was one average shot from Compton. The "glue" is out.
  • Options
    0-1, Compton out...

Lot of Lancashire fans in the ground 
  • Options
    Dreadful shot by Compton - just leave a ball like that 
  • Options
    Robinson showing what a nonsense it was to leave him out of our Blast squad 
  • Options
    Come on Kent - time to end the final hoodoo. 
  • Options
    The irony being that not giving him the games in the Blast is the reason he is allowed to leave one year short of his contract end. 
  • Options
    The irony being that not giving him the games in the Blast is the reason he is allowed to leave one year short of his contract end. 
    Yep, it’s crazy!
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Yep, it’s crazy!

It is and while it is he reason he is permitted to leave under contract, it's as much the fact that the gloves are taken off him in the CC when Billings is back and that he becomes the "sacrificial lamb" when Crawley, Compton, Denly, Leaning, DBD, Cox and Billings are all available. It's an embarrassment of riches but, by the same token, it might have been handled a bit better. 

Funnily enough, Dominic Cork was saying earlier on how he admires young players who have come through the County age group system but who decide to move to better themselves. The irony being he was talking about Evison - with Robinson standing at the other end.
  • Options
    Kent going well, but it looks a good batting surface. The sort you want for a white ball match,.

Great catch by the keeper to dismiss Robinson 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was a good ball but one hell of a catch too

• Options
    This looks like being a wicket where a certain older member of our bowling attack might do well on
  • Options
    What a good review that was!
  • Options
    Good work by Denly, to get Evison to review that. 
  • Options
    Well batted Evison
  • Options
    We're not finding the gaps very well, it's been a bit 4 or dot.
  • Options
    Odd shaped ground, the stand I'm in is weirdly distant from the outfield.

Close to the outfield, but they've taken the boundary in 25 yards. 
  • Options
    on the radio they didn't think Robinson had hit the ball he was given out on. Was it clear on TV? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    on the radio they didn't think Robinson had hit the ball he was given out on. Was it clear on TV? 
    Seemed pretty obvious. Doesn't matter now anyway
  • Options
    redman said:
    On Bbc live reporting they were not sure where he hit it