Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• 10-3 Denly out
  • Thank god the football season is starting saturday   :'(
  • Keep seeing people mention Crawley needs to be moved to the middle order, didn’t he start in the middle order when he first came in and hardly got runs? Then Moved to the top and  runs started flowing ? Might be mistaken ! 
  • Keep seeing people mention Crawley needs to be moved to the middle order, didn’t he start in the middle order when he first came in and hardly got runs? Then Moved to the top and  runs started flowing ? Might be mistaken ! 
    That might well be the case but the fact is that it is infinitely harder facing a new cherry than it is batting at 4 or 5. It's why very few of the modern day batting greats were openers - they knew that to be the case! Cook was an exception but then he only had three or four shots and knew when to play them. These days all batsmen have shots that allow them to play 360 degrees - trouble is a lot of the time they play the wrong shot to the wrong ball. If Crawley drops down the order and can't hack it there then he really needs to stick to white ball.
  • 52-3 off 25 overs. Might be wrong but I don't think we're going for the win
  • Leaning out for 15

72-4

• And now Cox

74-5
  • 80-5

DBD has 51* of them!
  • Robinson out for 21

115-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart out without troubling the scorers
  • 115-7 at tea

Minimum of 35.4 overs remaining
  • The end is nigh.
  • Lost by 184 runs. DBD valiant to the end on 69* out of a total of 127
  • Normal service resumed ! 
  • So a replay of the Northants debacle. Both occasions, the opposition total suggests there are no real demons on the wicket but we just cave in anyway. Living in Spai, I miss cricket a lot, but this season is just kent carrying on where Charlton left off at ipswich. 
  • It’s starting to get very embarrassing for him, needs a long break from the game in my opinion. 
    Our new batting coach from across the Bridge clearly isn't doing the business for our Zak.
  • Yorkshire have signed Matt Milnes on a 3 year contract. Knew that he wasn't particularly happy but disappointed to see him go. The first of possibly quite a few to leave.
  • Realistically @Addick Addict who do you see leaving the club ? Been told to Expect news soon regarding players leaving but it feels weird expecting it all to be announced mid season ! 
    There could be any number. Announcing it early is probably to give those players an early chance to find another county.

The difficulty is not knowing how long their respective contracts are but, assuming that they can leave at the end of the season, I would guess (and it is a guess)

Probable - Logan, Qadri, Robinson, Stewart, Stevens
    Possible - O'Riordan, Milnes, Podmore, Klaassen
    Outsiders - Crawley, Denly, Cox, Blake, Linde, Leaning
    Unlikely - Billings, DBD, Compton, Muyeye, Gilchrist, Quinn, Singh

Probable - Logan, Qadri, Robinson, Stewart, Stevens
    Possible - O'Riordan, Milnes, Podmore, Klaassen
    Outsiders - Crawley, Denly, Cox, Blake, Linde, Leaning
    Unlikely - Billings, DBD, Compton, Muyeye, Gilchrist, Quinn, Singh
  • Sponsored links:

• That one hurts, feels like there will be a mass exodus at the club this winter. What’s with all the unhappiness though?? Who is to blame for it ? 
  • Yorkshire have signed Matt Milnes on a 3 year contract. Knew that he wasn't particularly happy but disappointed to see him go. The first of possibly quite a few to leave.
    Disappointed, but then he's not been great this season 
    Disappointed, but then he's not been great this season 
    He hasn't but something didn't seem right about him being "rested" after his best performance in a CC game with 7-52 when he looked to be back to his best. Perhaps we now know the reason why because, having bowled less than 30 overs over four days and then a full three days of recovery, it really didn't make that much sense. In that form he might have made the difference in the Lancs second innings
  • As someone from the Evening Standard has now tweeted it, I understand that Ollie Robinson is off to Durham. He had, I believe, offers also from Sussex and Yorkshire (who I originally thought he was likely to join) but understand that he thinks Durham is the best place for him to progress his career. The only thing that might change that is if Paul Downton can persuade him to stay but I'm pretty sure his mind is made up.

On the flip side, the ES correspondent says that Joey Evison is joining us. He is currently on loan at Leics from Notts and still only 20 so not a direct replacement for Milnes. 
  • Don’t know much about evison apart from being highly rated at notts, guess that’s how cricket works though… Bigger teams come in for your better players and we replace them with untested youngsters needing a chance. Obviously hate how they can cherry pick your best players but guess that’s how cricket works for counties like Kent. 
  • Lots of doom and gloom on here.
    Just do what I do to cheer myself up.

Look at the league table. 

Ducks for cover. 😁

Ducks for cover. 😁
    You can go off people, you know.....
  • In the case of Robinson, it's more a case of someone fed up with being backup keeper, rather than a player being poached by a bigger club.
  • Milnes was originally from Notts I believe but not fancied there, so we made him an offer. 

Ducks for cover. 😁
    You can go off people, you know.....
    I still love you though  xx