Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• William Williams playing for Lancashire. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed 😂
    Born in Christchurch, NZ but qualifies for England as his Mum was born in............Kent
  • 24-3 off 17 overs at lunch. 9 wickets in total fell this morning in the space of just 45 runs

Denly 12*(45)
    Leaning 6* (15)
  • edited July 2022
    The other Ollie Robinson, on his return to action, has taken 4-36
  • 44-3 off 27

Bizarrely, given the nature of the attacking field, we've only managed one boundary to date
  • 118-4

Good recovery from Denly who is out just before tea for 59 and Leaning (45) for a partnership of 106
  • wicket down first ball after tea

can we get a lead ?
  • Cox and Robinson out quickly. Robinson can be forgiven, as his mind is probably still cluttered with thoughts about the contraflow on the M6 he'd just driven through.
  • Cox and Robinson out quickly. Robinson can be forgiven, as his mind is probably still cluttered with thoughts about the contraflow on the M6 he'd just driven through.
    I believe he caught the train and then possibly even the tram!

Scores level with 4 wickets in hand
    I believe he caught the train and then possibly even the tram!

Scores level with 4 wickets in hand
    Lucky he didn't have to travel up tomorrow then, with the train strike!
  • Every time I turn it on there's a wicket :( Leaning gone for 90
  • Sponsored links:

• A shame Leaning missed his ton, but we have a useful lead now of 119, a decent 50 by Stewart
  • Why didn’t Billings bat? 
  • Why didn’t Billings bat? 
    Tested positive for covid his morning & has been replaced as a like for like by Ollie Robinson.
  • thank you 
  • thank you 
    You're welcome.
  • edited July 2022
  • https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/oriordan-to-miss-end-of-2022-season/

O’Riordan to have a shoulder operation. The article mentions he won't be back until next season, so is he still under contract for then?
  • Jennings gone. Kent still 70 in front
  • https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/oriordan-to-miss-end-of-2022-season/

O’Riordan to have a shoulder operation. The article mentions he won't be back until next season, so is he still under contract for then?
    I saw him a few weeks ago and heard about him having to have this op which is why I put him on the injured list for the Royal.

I'm not sure if he's out of contract or not but the inference is that he will be with us next season come what may. Given how many runs he's been scoring in the 2s I believe that he is now considered as being a batsman who bowls spin rather than the other way round and with the Royal specifically in mind next season when we could lose, because they are in The Hundred or because they have already left us, Crawley, Billings, Cox, Leaning, DBD, Denly, Blake, Stevens and Robinson I can't imagine us not offering him a contract extension anyway.
  • 436-9 declared

We require 312 to win
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh joy.

Zak's lost the plot again.
  • It’s starting to get very embarrassing for him, needs a long break from the game in my opinion. 
  • So will this be the Northants style surrender with the bat, or the joyous victory of the type we ran up against Warwicks. Whatever, that was not a good start by Crawley. Can someone explain to him he is an opener and supposed to hang about at the crease for a few hours.
    Chris Tavare where are you?
  • Now BC has followed suit. 

This isn't going to last long.
  • sacrificing their wickets to allow Denly to improve his average 

Dance Fanny, dance like the wind!

Dance Fanny, dance like the wind!
    Better have baked beans for lunch....
  • Dreadful start - hope we can hang on, given we turned them over so well in the first innings
  • So will this be the Northants style surrender with the bat, or the joyous victory of the type we ran up against Warwicks. Whatever, that was not a good start by Crawley. Can someone explain to him he is an opener and supposed to hang about at the crease for a few hours.
    Chris Tavare where are you?
    I think the fact is that he is possibly a red ball 4 and a white ball opener but not a red ball opener.  Yes there will be days when everything comes together but there is nothing about his technique or average that can possibly lead anyone to conclude otherwise.