Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Leica all out for 183 and lose by innings and 28 runs after posting 584 in the first innings !! 
  • edited July 2022
    Northeast's 410 must be one of the highest ever scores made anywhere ? .. certainly in England
  • 3rd highest in county cricket I think 
  • MrOneLung said:
    3rd highest in county cricket I think 
    seems so .. and in the top ten made anywhere .. some achievement albeit against woeful Leicester ..List of first-class cricket records - Wikipedia
  • MrOneLung said:
    3rd highest in county cricket I think 
    9th in first class cricket although the website yet to be updated

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/94177.html
  • and so far not a mention on the BBC website
  • Has been on there for good few hours 
  • Denly past it…….
  • Still can't get over Surrey re-signing Sibley but understand that Ryan Patel is out of contract at the end of the season - would be a good recruit for us.
    Patel isn't going anywhere. Except maybe to number 3. Sibley is replacing Amla.
  • The battle to avoid relegation looks like going down to the wire, like one of those PL season where the excitement on the final day is the battle to avoid the drop.  
    I haven't got a clue who is top. It's probably one of those counties who can afford to buy success.
    We have mote players from our pathway in both our 11 and our squad. Wind it in
  • Sponsored links:

• This modern obsession for having games in blocks, and 2 away CC games in a row (why?) means that Kent have no home games at all between the 14th July and the 7th August! 
  • This modern obsession for having games in blocks, and 2 away CC games in a row (why?) means that Kent have no home games at all between the 14th July and the 7th August! 
    Because if you didn’t have two consecutive games at home or away then you would never play a team twice in the season 
  • MrOneLung said:
    This modern obsession for having games in blocks, and 2 away CC games in a row (why?) means that Kent have no home games at all between the 14th July and the 7th August! 
    Because if you didn’t have two consecutive games at home or away then you would never play a team twice in the season 
    But's also down to how modern cricket is played in blocks, meaning that there are large gaps in the timetable.

Especially at weekends. Play the CC games Monday to Thursday, but why not schedule something for Saturday, such as starting the 50 over a bit earlier, or spreading it across the season?
  • Start delayed due to rain. 
  • Play finally under way. Gilchrist replaces Milnes
  • William Williams playing for Lancashire. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed 😂
  • Lancs 100-4, 3 wickets for Saini. An excellent decision to bring him
  • edited July 2022
    143-8 All 4 wickets to Henry

Billings has tested positive for Covid. Kent have been able to implement a "like for like" substitution with Robinson coming in. Except Cox has the gloves until Robinson arrives.  Cox has dropped one catch and almost spilled another and he will almost certainly be in situ in Billings' absence next season.
  • Lancs 143-8, Matt Henry doing Matt Henry things this morning, with all 4 wickets to fall
  • edited July 2022
    145-9

5-15 for Henry this morning

Imagine if we've had Saini and Henry all season
  • Sponsored links:

• Gilchrist gets the last

145 all out
  • What a bowler Matt Henry is, really wish he was available more ! 
  • 143-8 All 4 wickets to Henry

Billings has tested positive for Covid. Kent have been able to implement a "like for like" substitution with Robinson coming in. Except Cox has the gloves until Robinson arrives.  Cox has dropped one catch and almost spilled another and he will almost certainly be in situ in Billings' absence next season.
    A record 12 catches last week, catches Covid this week...

• Great start. Compton gone for 0. 0/1
  • What a bowler Matt Henry is, really wish he was available more ! 
    I think Saini is the ideal foil. Henry isn't slow but it is his accuracy that allows Saini's raw pace to take the wickets he does. The two between them have taken 18-318 in just three innings for us this season.
  • 5-2 DBD gone

I'm not sure that this is the greatest of wickets and is more in keeping with those produced in recent seasons
  • Hope Robinson gets there in time to bat!
  • I always womnder when kent take lots of wickets if the wicket is in fact to blame. After the Warwicks game, I'll wait and see if our batsmen can offer a bit of spine, but their 145 total suddenly looks a bit bigger than half an hour ago.
  • edited July 2022
    12-3 Crawley out for a 27 ball duck. The same way he gets out so many times - clipping a ball to mid wicket but this time using his feet to do so
  • Crawley averages 25.60 from 15 innings for Kent this season. He has a lifetime FC average of 29.80 from 147 innings and a Test average of 26.71 from 46 innings. 

Those aren't small samples and Crawley would struggle to sustain a County contract with those stats let alone an England place. He isn't a red ball opener as he is simply too loose. He desperately tried to play for his wicket today but, in the end, reverted to type.