Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• edited July 2022
    What a daft situation where with the seamers causing carnage, we're having to bring the spinners on to improve the over rate. Can't we just get through our other overs a bit brisker, as we're consistently slow?
  • And Leaning coming on the other end
  • Indeed we can't afford to win this game until the over rate is back on track  ;)
  • What a daft situation where with the seamers causing carnage, we're having to bring the spinners on to improve the over rate. Can't we just get through our other overs a bit brisker, as we're consistently slow?
    It is a joke and as we saw in our last defeat when we had to face over 40 overs in the final two hours there really is no excuse. The situation hasn't been helped by Saini's 16 no balls in the match which goes some way to make up the deficit though I believe that at one point we might have been as many as six overs behind.
  • Now minus 3 on over rate.
  • A Leaning C & B. Don't get this last wicket too soon!
  • Of course, the incoming batsman now taking as long as possible to get to the crease. Don't blame him either.
  • Minus one now
  • Of course, the incoming batsman now taking as long as possible to get to the crease. Don't blame him either.
    Surely with negative over rates, they have to take into account delays on the pitch through batsmen faffing around, ball changes, changing gloves etc
  • Now don't spend 5 minutes faffing about with the field positions
  • Sponsored links:

Surely with negative over rates, they have to take into account delays on the pitch through batsmen faffing around, ball changes, changing gloves etc
    I think they do. For example, when we had the extra drink breaks. But we've been awful even taking that into account. As I say, we faced over 40 overs in the last game in the final two hours and that's after our batsmen time wasting. There are no excuses. 
  • What a difference it has made to have two proper pace bowlers in Henry and Saini - it means that Milnes and Quinn become the change bowlers instead of the opening ones.
  • Victory! After being bowled out for 165, that's a great fightback 

Joe Denly can be very proud of his ton
  • Kent win !!

• Henry 12-3-36-1
    Saini 9-1-39-2
    Milnes 6.5-1-11-4
    Quinn 3-0-20-2
    Denly 5-0-22-0
    Leaning 4-0-14-1

• what a difference it has made having both Henry and saini in the team! 
    Just goes to show how bad the balance of the team was with linde in it. Same again at Lancashire lads !  
  • Really never ever saw us winning this on the first morning. To be honest, even yesterday, I was thinking that we'd be okay with a draw. Exellent work by the team after that rotten Northants loss, and we are nicely mid table for the moment.
  • Justification for the financial decision to splash the cash on 2 overseas seamers and leave out Linde
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent have a nosebleed from altitude sickness, up to 5th in the table 😳

Well I never - well done lads
  • Kent have a nosebleed from altitude sickness, up to 5th in the table 😳

Well I never - well done lads
    There is a bit of a stagger since, as the table stands, we have played more games than four of the five teams below us. However, Gloucs are 55 points behind us and subject to the vagaries of the weather, they should lose to Hants which would mean that it will be virtually impossible for them to finish above us. Somerset will get a draw against Yorks but, hopefully, no more than that so there will be clear daylight between us and them and we are now 10 points above Warwickshire now.

The difference is that things are in our hands now and that really didn't look like being the case prior to this win.
  • The battle to avoid relegation looks like going down to the wire, like one of those PL season where the excitement on the final day is the battle to avoid the drop.  
  • The battle to avoid relegation looks like going down to the wire, like one of those PL season where the excitement on the final day is the battle to avoid the drop.  
    I haven't got a clue who is top. It's probably one of those counties who can afford to buy success.
    I haven't got a clue who is top. It's probably one of those counties who can afford to buy success.
    Ain't that the truth ! 
  • Great result 
  • Gloucestershire collapse from 316-5 to 337 all out, so heading for defeat
  • Glamorgan were 795-5 at lunch against Leicestershire and Sam Northeast was 410 not out! How many more can he get?
  • LenGlover said:
    Glamorgan were 795-5 at lunch against Leicestershire and Sam Northeast was 410 not out! How many more can he get?
    None. Glamorgan declared at lunch but 410* will do no harm to Sam's average.
  • edited July 2022
    Not often you see two stands of over 300 in the same innings. Leics having them at 9-2 must have seemed a world away.