Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• 351-8 off 50
  • Superb platform being built by Compton (53 off 55) and Robinson (95 off 73) at 170-1 off 25. Another 182 required but with the hitters Blake, Stevens, Linde, Stewart and Henry to come we are in a decent position.  
  • Robinson gets his 100 off 76 balls. Superb ton. Going to miss him in the future if he leaves.
  • T20 time - 148 required with 9 wickets in hand
  • Good old Robbo.  Gutted he’s off 
  • Leuth said:
    36-4 - Libby caught by Blake off Henry for a duck to give the bowler figures of 3-10 

Bet Worcs are really happy that they elected to bat!
    On balance, yes. There are about three days a summer when I'm proud to be a Worcs fan and this is halfway towards one of them. Sadly we do have to bowl as well
    This ain't one of the three  days. 
    Sooooooory.
  • Record breaking from Robinson....200 not out.

Absolutely superb - a win coming shortly....
  • Robinson unbeaten on 206 and a victory for Super Kent!
  • Is Ollie Robinson definitely going? Shame if so. What an innings. 
  • CHG said:
    Is Ollie Robinson definitely going? Shame if so. What an innings. 
    Almost certainly and to Durham unless things have drastically changed. It is a massive shame but there was always going to be an issue which has been made even worse by the fact that England have insisted that Billings keeps for Kent if he wants to be considered for international duty. We then had the situation where all the batsmen became available at once and the one player in the worst form of all of them had to play because he was centrally contracted. Equal, he's never been considered by us for the Blast which was why he was sent out on loan to Durham and he wants to be playing all forms of the game. 

Now as predictable as Robinson going was, there is another potential issue. Cox. Not necessarily this year because he still has a year left on his contract (as Robinson did but there was an exit clause in his contract if certain criteria wasn't fulfilled) but I would really like to see an announcement that he has signed an extension. Because if he doesn't then I am fearful that he will go next year too so we would then be in a situation where we will have gone from three excellent keeper/batsmen to one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CHG said:
    Almost certainly and to Durham unless things have drastically changed. It is a massive shame but there was always going to be an issue which has been made even worse by the fact that England have insisted that Billings keeps for Kent if he wants to be considered for international duty. We then had the situation where all the batsmen became available at once and the one player in the worst form of all of them had to play because he was centrally contracted. Equal, he's never been considered by us for the Blast which was why he was sent out on loan to Durham and he wants to be playing all forms of the game. 

Now as predictable as Robinson going was, there is another potential issue. Cox. Not necessarily this year because he still has a year left on his contract (as Robinson did but there was an exit clause in his contract if certain criteria wasn't fulfilled) but I would really like to see an announcement that he has signed an extension. Because if he doesn't then I am fearful that he will go next year too so we would then be in a situation where we will have gone from three excellent keeper/batsmen to one. 
    We’ve backed the wrong horse, in my view .  
  • edited August 2022
    wmcf123 said:
    CHG said:

We’ve backed the wrong horse, in my view .  
    The one thing that I'm sure will happen if Robinson leaves is that he will go on good terms and with that in mind I wouldn't rule him returning in say three or so years time if it suits both sides for that to happen at that time. 

The Kent PR machine has already been at work with the arrival of Evison and the announcement of the contract extensions for Billings and Stewart to offset the disappointment of Milnes, Robinson and any other departures. Let's hope there are other positive announcements to come.
  • Cox to me is a batter who can keep, rather than the sort of keeper you'd want keeping all the time.

The Robinson situation is what happens when you have 2 good keepers. We lost Downton because he couldn't get past Knott, and Somerset lost Buttler after England said he needed to take the gloves for his county
  • Cox to me is a batter who can keep, rather than the sort of keeper you'd want keeping all the time.

The Robinson situation is what happens when you have 2 good keepers. We lost Downton because he couldn't get past Knott, and Somerset lost Buttler after England said he needed to take the gloves for his county
    The irony is that Buttler has hardly played for Lancs

The irony is that Buttler has hardly played for Lancs
    And Kieswetter shortly after Buttler left sadly had to retire after an eye injury
  • CHG said:

Thanks for the info 
  • I was never under any illusion that Worcs would win that. We should probably be disestablished to save all involved further embarrassment. Won the Blast and losing finalist the next year as good as it will ever be 
  • Decent looking crowd to see the game today

Missed out the Fanackapans & @killerjerrylee by a whisker there, @killerandflash! Please don't tell me this was taken from your seat !!!!

Well, just home from Worcester following a blinding day in the sun ( as some fielders will confirm!) yesterday  & an overnighter in the Premier Inn, overlooking the ground. 

Not a great start after leaving home at 7am only to learn that the M25 had a lorry on fire both ways and hence lengthy delays ! We plumped for the Tunnel & eventually arrived at New Rd circa 11.30 am to be greeted ( and cheered up) by the current score of 36-4.

However, we began to fear that the other Spitfire supporters present would turn on us as the Worcs' batters began to take our bowlers apart....and eventually reached a very decent total.

A bacon roll & a cuppa fortified us during the break followed by a lovely choc & vanilla ice cream courtesy of our Bromley Addick pal before our lads started to carefully build their score in the right manner - tortoise as opposed to hare until Blakey spoiled what could have been a platform for him for the One Day Cup....

But what a privilege it was to watch OUR Ollie Robinson make a double century, assisted well by Ben C & with decent contributions from his other team mates. Hardly put a foot wrong & looked majestic. Surely an about turn will be made to ensure he'll stay in the Garden of England ! 

Lots of noise emanated from the Spitfire's dressing room for some minutes after the deed was done & well deserved were any celebrations after a record breaking victory. 

Enjoyed a lovely meal later with kj & Carol before we finally conked out after a long but great day. 

Could this be our year for the trophy ? 

Missed out the Fanackapans & @killerjerrylee by a whisker there, @killerandflash! Please don't tell me this was taken from your seat !!!!

Well, just home from Worcester following a blinding day in the sun ( as some fielders will confirm!) yesterday  & an overnighter in the Premier Inn, overlooking the ground. 

Not a great start after leaving home at 7am only to learn that the M25 had a lorry on fire both ways and hence lengthy delays ! We plumped for the Tunnel & eventually arrived at New Rd circa 11.30 am to be greeted ( and cheered up) by the current score of 36-4.

However, we began to fear that the other Spitfire supporters present would turn on us as the Worcs' batters began to take our bowlers apart....and eventually reached a very decent total.

A bacon roll & a cuppa fortified us during the break followed by a lovely choc & vanilla ice cream courtesy of our Bromley Addick pal before our lads started to carefully build their score in the right manner - tortoise as opposed to hare until Blakey spoiled what could have been a platform for him for the One Day Cup....

But what a privilege it was to watch OUR Ollie Robinson make a double century, assisted well by Ben C & with decent contributions from his other team mates. Hardly put a foot wrong & looked majestic. Surely an about turn will be made to ensure he'll stay in the Garden of England ! 

Lots of noise emanated from the Spitfire's dressing room for some minutes after the deed was done & well deserved were any celebrations after a record breaking victory. 

Enjoyed a lovely meal later with kj & Carol before we finally conked out after a long but great day. 

Not my photo, this was on the BBC website! Never been to New Road actually, will try and visit there one day as Worcester is a nice place

Sounds like a good day, I'll be at Beckenham on Sunday
  • Sponsored links:

So pleased that you managed to witness our innings and of course Robinson's in particular. I hope he stays but I'd be surprised if it were in our hands as I'm not sure what we can offer him that will change his mind - it is all about international aspirations and he can't prove himself all the time that the guy in front of him at the County and with the gloves has those too. Equally, being told this year that you are not needed in the T20 squad and are then dropped in the CC doesn't help either. The fact that he was captain of this side last year and also the CC side at the start of this season suggests to me that he has already told Downton that he is leaving though I have not been told that.

I said last week that I thought we had a decent squad when compared to a lot of sides and one win doesn't prove too much. Given that we didn't have the likes of Denly, Blake, Evison, Saini/Henry and Linde we do look at stronger outfit which is why I have had a small interest at  12/1 on us. 
  • A massive difference between this season and last season when we dragged in a number of players, just to fill the team.

Not my photo, this was on the BBC website! Never been to New Road actually, will try and visit there one day as Worcester is a nice place

Sounds like a good day, I'll be at Beckenham on Sunday
    Lol ! Thought you might have seen me & run ! 

Would love to see more One Dayers this summer but sadly family stuff means that's not possible. Fortunately, the streams will be available but it's never the same as being there in person.

Fingers crossed for a good day on Sunday.
  • No Denly once again. Presumably Muyeye will come in for a bowler and Logan will be the other one to miss out once again:

• Just the one change - Saini for Henry. Muyeye and Logan left out of the 13 man squad.

Glamorgan won the toss and have put us in. 
  • Compton out first ball

3-1
  • 55-1 off 10. Solid start.

Evison 20* (29)
    Robinson 29* (31)
  • Robinson carries off from where he left off against Worcs and reaches his 50 off 44 balls

• edited August 2022
    Robinson is caught at mid on for 50 off 47 - off the bowling of part timer Ingram. Will be disappointed with the execution of the shot

93-2 off 17.4

Evison 37* (59)