Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• REALLY hope that Blakey can hold back from trying to smash every ball for 6....
  • Evison reaches his 50 off 77 balls. Looks very promising.
  • 128-2 off 25. Time to kick on now

Evison 51* (81)
    Blake 19* (22)
  • We don't need eight bowlers plus Blake and can't help feeling that Denly, when fit, slotting in at 3 or 4 will strengthen us even further as it will mean that Blake, Stevens, Linde and Stewart would then become our 5-8. Not sure that there is a place for Muyeye too at the moment though.
  • 177-2 off 30. As the old adage goes, double that in the last 20 and we have 354

Evison 78* (102)
    Blake 39* (31)
  • Blake becomes the third player to reach 50 (off 43)
  • Evison has faced Glamorgan now in three of his last four games during the last month - for three different counties too (Notts, Leics and Kent)
  • 100 off 115 balls for Evison in only his third match for us
  • Blake goes for 66 off 56 balls

228-3 off 36.3
  • Stevens comes in to join Evison. Stevens made his professional debut five years before Evison was born and was older than Evison is now when he did so!
  • Sponsored links:

• Evison caught and bowled for 109 off 121

240-4 off 37.5
  • Oh dear oh dear. Stevens looks like he's pulled a calf muscle and is out of the game. I hope that this isn't his last innings for us.
  • Stewart sustains an injury and is then given out a bit harshly LBW

269 for effectively 6 off 43.1

• Qadri and Gilchrist gone

291-8 if Stevens cannot bat with a runner. From 228-2
  • The other aspect of the Hundred that we are missing is our head coach, Matt Walker and also too, I believe, our batting coach, Ryan ten Doeschate
  • Quinn out 298-9
  • A really poor finish to the innings for a total of 304 - at least 50 short of what we looked like getting at one point

Linde 27* (36)
    Saini 4* (2)
  • Sam Northeast is caught first ball off Saini by the player who was out first ball himself namely Ben Compton!
  • Stewart goes for 17 in his first over but then bowls David Lloyd with the second ball of his second over. Bit harsh on Lloyd who, having been kicked out by Sky, is desperately trying to make ends meet by making a playing comeback at the age of 75.

19-2 
  • Sam Northeast is caught first ball off Saini by the player who was out first ball himself namely Ben Compton!
    I trust the 1500 visiting Kent fans chanted " Kent Reject" as he trudged off  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Quinn gets Carlson with a beauty but Ingram is the scalp we need with 43 off 32 already. 

75-3 off 12.3
  • Root chops on to Qadri

86-4
  • Cooke chops on too - this time to Linde

107-5

Ingram 57* (50)
  • 141-5 at the half way stage. 164 needed off 25 @ 6.56 an over

Ingram still there on 78 off 70
  • Evison ? .. first I have heard of him .. Good to see that Blake has had a good one, and history maker Northeast got a golden mallard
  • Ingram gets his 100 off 97 balls

119 needed off 17
  • Decent spell from Qadri today 10-0-41-1
  • 209-5 off 36. We were 223-2 at the same stage which says a lot for how our innings tailed off
  • I can’t honestly believe how poor George Linde is. The Ball he got a wicket was great but apart from that he seems to just chuck it in and hope for the best. Don’t get me started on that innings he played too... Really hope we are looking at ways getting out of having him next year. 
  • 230-5 off 38

Awful over from Linde that goes for 16. Just 75 required off 72