Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I’m a celebrity 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Hard to understand why anyone is voting to keep Babatunde, Chris or Seann in as they add bugger all to the camp and I’d be surprised if they had a large, loyal IACGMOOH viewing fan base. Useless clowns, the 3 of them. Two of them are comedians but you’d never know that from what we’ve been served up so far. George is bloody hopeless too and an awkward, argumentative bugger who is desperate for someone to pick a fight with him to sulk off in a hissy fit and quit the show. Not gonna happen though. Not a Scarlett fan but, boy, she looks like Bear Grylls compared to them and I totally get why she was devastated to leave tonight. It will be a travesty if Jill doesn’t win. She’s one funny lass and has ‘smashed’ everything. So likeable too. Mike and Owen are looking like her biggest competition on likability ground but they’ve had little airtime and fewer challenges to date. Less likeable but also smashing the tasks is Matt Hancock who the public absolutely will not vote to win this but if his past hadn’t preceded him, would/should be in with a shout for what he has contributed so far.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Off_it said:
    It's quite interesting watching Matt Hancock in the jungle because he reminds me a hell of a lot of some of the people I have worked with over the years.  Not anyone specific or in particular, but just a certain "type". 

They're usually successful and rise to the top of an organisation because they appear to be very driven and focussed, totally convinced in their own ability and not afraid to make "tough decisions". Perfect "leadership material" is normally how they're categorised, primarily by people already at the top who can see their own personal characteristics being replicated and demonstrated, which is clearly a good thing (in their eyes).

The thing is these same people very often suffer from a total lack of empathy or understanding of anyone else's position or feelings. Things can be very black and white or matter of fact. They also seem to be able to detach themselves from reality for periods in order to focus on specific things - like for example grabbing stars when you're surrounded by snakes, which are meant to be your biggest fear. They don't necessarily choose to ignore others, they just have no comprehension that what they're saying or doing may not be the view of everyone concerned. 

In some respects we all need people like that in the world otherwise nothing would ever get done and you end up in endless discussions going round in circles with nobody actually making any difficult decisions. Doesn't mean they can't be absolute c***s as well though.
    Yea it’s called being borderline Narcissistic/sociopathic, which describes a lot of politicians.
  • Options
    Boy George appears more unpopular that Hancock now which is some feat given their starting positions

Not been following it too much, but saw last nights trial with Mike and Jill - one of them to win
  • Options
    In previous years, the digital spy forum is a good 'exit poll' guide to how the voting is going...... kinda like our forum equivalent in the general election:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2438168/who-do-you-want-to-win-im-a-celebrity-2022

• Options
    Jill, Mike or Owen for me. Get Hancock and Moyles out ASAP.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Think all this hype about "Hancock out", don't seem to be working does it, even all the other useless divs in the camp spitting venom about him behind his back, trying to get the useless public to vote him out is just cementing his position I think.
    Could easily see him in the final, plenty of people voting for him now.. ;)
    Can't stand George or Moyles, both useless in camp..
  • Options
    Think all this hype about "Hancock out", don't seem to be working does it, even all the other useless divs in the camp spitting venom about him behind his back, trying to get the useless public to vote him out is just cementing his position I think.
    Could easily see him in the final, plenty of people voting for him now.. ;)
    He is cementing his own position based on performance. Unflappable in the trials, cool calm head and bringing back the stars to feed camp.

If it was left to Moyles, George, Buba and Walsh they would all starve as they are a bunch of pussies.

I reckon Jill or Mike will win it but Hancock will be there towards the end
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Here we go...🤷‍♂️🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    People have very short memories, no way should Matt Hancock be anywhere near winning. 
    Not as short as your memory, multiple people over multiple days have told you this is neither the covid or politics thread. 
    I’m with ME14 on this - Hancock is there because of his politics and COVID in particular so it would be ridiculous to not include his involvement in those topics in discussion of the show. ITV aren’t paying him £400k because he’s an ordinary middle class man from Suffolk.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    People have very short memories, no way should Matt Hancock be anywhere near winning. 
    Not as short as your memory, multiple people over multiple days have told you this is neither the covid or politics thread. 
    I’m with ME14 on this - Hancock is there because of his politics and COVID in particular so it would be ridiculous to not include his involvement in those topics in discussion of the show. ITV aren’t paying him £400k because he’s an ordinary middle class man from Suffolk.
    Ordinary people do not get on the show, it's called I'm a Celebrity!
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Not as short as your memory, multiple people over multiple days have told you this is neither the covid or politics thread. It's 

No it's a thread about I'm  a Celebrity and the contestants, one of whom is Matt Hancock. Some people are very tetchy about discussing his past misdemeanours. It seems that it's okay to discuss those of Boy George,  but taboo for some when it involves mistakes which cost thousands of lives.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Ordinary people do not get on the show, it's called I'm a Celebrity!
    Exactly and his Celebrity is all about the politics of COVID so it is valid to talk about his role in that on this thread. That’s before you get on to the topic of him being paid by the taxpayer and he’s not even doing his job. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Hancock should be nowhere this show ..he should be working for his constituents and doing what he gets paid for ..I find his presence on this insulting. 
    So does no one do anything for his constituents when he normally goes on holiday ?
  • Options
    Why is there no anger towards ITV who have bloody well asked Hancock to go on the show in the first place? - Can someone please tell me that?

Jesus, the media are bloody experts at making people angry these days

People fall for it every time as well
  • Options
    Why is there no anger towards ITV who have bloody well asked Hancock to go on the show in the first place? - Can someone please tell me that?

It also seems that people have fallen for Matt Hancock's deflection, if some of the comments on this thread are anything to go by. 

Yes ITV are wrong to give him a platform, but it was his decision to go into the jungle
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    lolwray said:
    Hancock should be nowhere this show ..he should be working for his constituents and doing what he gets paid for ..I find his presence on this insulting. 
    So does no one do anything for his constituents when he normally goes on holiday ?
    Most go on holiday when Parliament is in recess.
  • Options

It also seems that people have fallen for Matt Hancock's deflection, if some of the comments on this thread are anything to go by. 

Yes ITV are wrong to give him a platform, but it was his decision to go into the jungle
    The issue should be at the source...

If ITV dont give him the platform, he wouldn't be on the show
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    lolwray said:
    do their constituents problems go on holiday in those periods too ?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    That's great and one post would have been enough, rather than every few posts now being political. 
  • Options

ITV putting Hancock on the show is the equivalent of FIFA giving Qatar the WC.

I think there is plenty of anger towards ITV, he shouldn’t be there. But they knew exactly what they were doing - he’s a divisive individual and, as such, they have cynically taken the opportunity to boost the ratings of what had become a very tired show.
  • Options
    you can agree Gary Glitter is a wrong un, but still like a few of his tunes
  • Options

I think there is plenty of anger towards ITV, he shouldn’t be there. But they knew exactly what they were doing - he’s a divisive individual and, as such, they have cynically taken the opportunity to boost the ratings of what had become a very tired show.
    Yes.... and we have a WC thread and politics of world cup thread. Do we need a politics of IACGMOOH thread too ? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    That's great and one post would have been enough, rather than every few posts now being political. 
    If I'm going to be criticised, then I will respond. Matt Hancock is a politician so how can discussions about him not involve the reason he is in there. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Yes.... and we have a WC thread and politics of world cup thread. Do we need a politics of IACGMOOH thread too ? 
    WELL up SAID the SHINE tories. NO hancocks NEED bringing TO it POLITICISE home THREAD
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    lolwray said:
    do their constituents problems go on holiday in those periods too ?
    No but they need to take leave and most do when Parliament isn't sitting. Instead Matt Hancock is earning £400K at a time when his constituents are suffering great hardship. 
  • Options
    So, if Gary Glitter was in there, all people would be talking about would be how well he cleans the dinner pots?!