Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I’m a celebrity 2021

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Quite possibly
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Thank goodness this bloody Jinxed Jungle Jingle Jangle Jaunt is Jettisoned.....👌
  • Options
    Thank goodness this bloody Jinxed Jungle Jingle Jangle Jaunt is Jettisoned.....👌
    Don't worry, I'm sure covid chat can make the Xmas gift thread a shitshow too. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Is a person a ‘celebrity’ because they win ‘I’m a celebrity’ or are they a ‘celebrity’ before they participate?
    If a person is simply a relative, maybe a spouse, of somebody well know and often mentioned by the media, does that mean they are a ‘celebrity’ too?
    Is Greg Winter a ‘celebrity’, or would he have to be on a light entertainment programme in order to be celebrated?

I think these days 'celebrity' is used interchangeably with 'famous/well known' @sethplum

I certainly wouldn't call Hancock or even Jill Scott 'celebrities' whereas I would consider Boy George to be a celebrity
  • Options
    How about Greg Winter?
  • Options
    If the majority have to Google their name and don't recognise their face from somewhere, they're not a celebrity in my eyes. That's why you can have "local celebrities" where they're well known in their town etc but no-one else knows who they are
  • Options
    Greg Winter won the Nobel Prize, so he wouldn't need to be Googled by those in the know.
    Maybe Celebrity depends on quantity rather than quality.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Greg Winter won the Nobel Prize, so he wouldn't need to be Googled by those in the know.
    Maybe Celebrity depends on quantity rather than quality.
    I have not heard of him and wouldn't consider him a celebrity.
    probably also not that well known to general public either, but I was just using Hancock and Jill Scott so show that in my opinion not everyone on Im a Celebrity is a celebrity per se.

others may have different views though