Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I’m a celebrity 2021

Comments

• Options
    Nobody was bullying anyone. This is thread on a TV show not Covid or politics. People just kept asking for it to be kept that way but as usual one of our pontificators 😉 just ignored those requests and kept on regardless. I think this site should have a specific thread for these subjects ! Oh wait ! 🙄
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Off_it said:
    Personally I think Matt Hancock is a prick.

But there's something about reading this thread that is making me want to vote for him now.
    Why?

You don’t need to know. You’re not watching it.
    I'm interested to know why people are voting for him.
    Because he has been entertaining in the jungle. You know, it is a light entertainment show and he has entertained 
    Then he's done exactly what he set out to do, improve his image with the public and people have fallen for it. He is trying to deflect from decisions he made that cost lives and millions of pounds of tax payer's money wasted in corrupt awarding of ppe contracts, but that's okay because he was good entertainment on a TV show. 

Not at all. He hasn’t deflected anything and I have fallen for nothing. 

His decisions as health minister and his performances on a TV show are two separate things - I am able to distinguish between the two things. Enjoying him in the jungle and approving of him politically are not interlinked . You can have opposing views on both. 

Unfortunately you do not - or actively refuse to - understand that point, almost to the point of hysterics. 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Off_it said:

But there's something about reading this thread that is making me want to vote for him now.
    Why?

Because he has been entertaining in the jungle. You know, it is a light entertainment show and he has entertained 
    Then he's done exactly what he set out to do, improve his image with the public and people have fallen for it. He is trying to deflect from decisions he made that cost lives and millions of pounds of tax payer's money wasted in corrupt awarding of ppe contracts, but that's okay because he was good entertainment on a TV show. 

Not at all. He hasn’t deflected anything and I have fallen for nothing. 

His decisions as health minister and his performances on a TV show are two separate things - I am able to distinguish between the two things. Enjoying him in the jungle and approving of him politically are not interlinked . You can have opposing views on both. 

Unfortunately you do not - or actively refuse to - understand that point, almost to the point of hysterics. 

No you’re not intelligent enough for that I’m afraid.

Here’s for another reminder….
  • Options
    Voting for something you don't believe in just to be able to own the libs has a habit of working out badly, but good luck this time around 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Off_it said:

Why?

He gave a very honest answer when asked if politicians are expected to fully understand the department they are running i.e. the defence secretary, the health secretary, the education secretary etc.

He laughed and said absolutely not, that would be impossible. The department is run by hundreds of experts in the specific field and advisors, the head/secretary whilst expected to have a grasp of the subject matter is the face for the media and does the speaking.

Do you really believe that MH is solely responsible for some of the governments decision making during the pandemic?  
  • Options
    Remember how Boris got so popular in the first place, with his quirky appearances on Have I got News for You and other TV shows. 

Hancock is aiming for the same end goal. I don't mind if he wins the show because I don't care about it at all, it's a reality show. Just hope it doesn't translate to public goodwill, because he doesn't deserve it. 
  • Options
    Oh FFS!!!   I’m a non-celebrity, get me out of here (this thread). What a pile of shite. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Off_it said:

Why?

He gave a very honest answer when asked if politicians are expected to fully understand the department they are running i.e. the defence secretary, the health secretary, the education secretary etc.

He laughed and said absolutely not, that would be impossible. The department is run by hundreds of experts in the specific field and advisors, the head/secretary whilst expected to have a grasp of the subject matter is the face for the media and does the speaking.

Do you really believe that MH is solely responsible for some of the governments decision making during the pandemic?  
    Not solely, but as Health Secretary he has to take responsibility for decisions made that cost lives. He and the Government were found to have acted illegally in the courts and  he had to apologise for that.

He was very much involved in giving ppe contracts contracts to mates, at vastly inflated prices and much of which wasn't fit for purpose.

Honesty isn't a word that can be associated with Matt Hancock.  Have a look at some of the links I posted yesterday. 

But what has any of that got to do with eating bugs in the jungle?

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Off_it said:

Why?

Not solely, but as Health Secretary he has to take responsibility for decisions made that cost lives. He and the Government were found to have acted illegally in the courts and  he had to apologise for that.

He was very much involved in giving ppe contracts contracts to mates, at vastly inflated prices and much of which wasn't fit for purpose.

Honesty isn't a word that can be associated with Matt Hancock.  Have a look at some of the links I posted yesterday. 

It was in answer to a question eaststandmike asked me. 

I don't understand why people think that when a politician goes on a reality tv show, that politics cannot be mentioned. Politics are his whole reason for going into the jungle.

Why are discissions about Boy George's past errors considered okay to discuss, but Matt Hancock's work as a politician isn't. 
  • Options
    I think any fully grown adult who votes on a celebrity reality tv programme just to piss someone else off needs to seriously consider if they’ve got enough going on in their lives.
    I suppose the same could be said of someone going on a forum and endlessly repeating the same stuff. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Some people won't be happy until Matt Hancock is Hung, Drawn and Quartered on Tower Hill..
    How do we vote for that? 😆

• Options
    Pretty shocked about that - think the Hollyoaks vote helped Owen but Jill must have this tied up
  • Options
    I think it is almost certain to be a Matt and Jill final unless something seriously dodgy goes on in the background:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2438642/the-final-3-who-did-you-for

The fix is in!
  • Options
    I think all three were the right final 3.

Properly nice feeling between them all in the end 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    12000000 votes, 5 from me
  • Options
    Looks like she is at a  Chinese Communist Party Rally
  • Options
    Make that about the right result personally. In fact I think the final 5 were probably my favourites in there. 
  • Options
    Remember how Boris got so popular in the first place, with his quirky appearances on Have I got News for You and other TV shows. 

Funny thing is, that’s when ME14 first looked at him, was impressed and said to herself I’d like that guy running the country and then voted for him.
    Still, it takes all sorts….
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Off_it said:

Why?

Why are discissions about Boy George's past errors considered okay to discuss, but Matt Hancock's work as a politician isn't. 
    They are not, they are mentioned as an example, every time you bring up politics. 
  • Options
    Anyway, delighted that Jill won.  What a year she's had!
  • Options
    Pleased that MH didn’t win.
  • Options
    Pleased that MH didn’t win.
    Just because he didn't win, doesn't mean he didn't win (just paraphrasing quite possibly the weirdest post I've ever read on CL, which has nothing to do with you GA).
  • Options
    Is a person a ‘celebrity’ because they win ‘I’m a celebrity’ or are they a ‘celebrity’ before they participate?
    If a person is simply a relative, maybe a spouse, of somebody well know and often mentioned by the media, does that mean they are a ‘celebrity’ too?
    Is Greg Winter a ‘celebrity’, or would he have to be on a light entertainment programme in order to be celebrated?