Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Space Thread

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    150 meters across and seven million miles away.
    Beat that Rory McIlroy.
    Nicky Bailey: "Hold my beer"
  • Options
    The infinity documentary on Netflix is pretty good.

I remember doing LOG graphs that included ♾️ and I thought it was a bit unnecessary, but makes a bit more sense now and it's interesting. 

"What has a beginning,  must always have an ending"

Not so sure about that!

The closest number to infinity must be 0

When a net force = 0...that's when things are running smoothly and going well!

• Options
    Artemis launch soon (take three), with some other exciting plans ahead:

https://phys.org/news/2022-10-artemis-nears-orions-horizon.html

Hopefully we'll see humans on Mars in our lifetime.
  • Options
    UK space launch from Cornwall tonight. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmDyJYcsRhA
  • Options
    Thanks for that Raith, I wondered if it was being shown anywhere.

• Options
    Newquay we have a problem  :/.
  • Options
    This has been built up for a while on BBC Radio Surrey so couldn't believe when I heard what happened this morning
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    This has been built up for a while on BBC Radio Surrey so couldn't believe when I heard what happened this morning
    another kick in the arse for British science and technology .. equipment that cost millions to research and manufacture lost .. according to a 'space expert' on R4 this a.m. insurance only covers a small amount of the losses .. the expert said, 'we'll recover from this', countered by the BBC's Justin Webb saying it will take years and not just weeks, the 'expert' could not disagree .. also another embarrassment for Branson .. how does he maintain the trust of his investors and backers ?
  • Options
    Do they know where the rocket landed yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    another kick in the arse for British science and technology .. equipment that cost millions to research and manufacture lost .. according to a 'space expert' on R4 this a.m. insurance only covers a small amount of the losses .. the expert said, 'we'll recover from this', countered by the BBC's Justin Webb saying it will take years and not just weeks, the 'expert' could not disagree .. also another embarrassment for Branson .. how does he maintain the trust of his investors and backers ?
    I don’t think the UK’s track record is very good in this area of exploration we seem to have a lot of failures, which is naturally disappointing:(
  • Options
    Do they know where the rocket landed yet?
    Ukraine?
  • Options
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/27/world/water-moon-lunar-sample-chang-e-5-scn/index.html

Sounds interesting and hopefully it can be useful for the next manned mission to the Moon, which is supposed to be within this decade 
  • Options
    Just been reading about the next Artemis missions scheduled for 2024 and 2025. Fantastic and very exciting:

https://www.astronomy.com/space-exploration/when-will-artemis-2-launch-and-what-will-the-mission-do/
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    I’m really excited about seeing high quality footage from the moon, when they land there in 2025. Will be very different from the grainy videos from the late 60s/early 70s.
    Definitely - it will be an amazing event with all the world watching.

Hopefully we'll have a Mars landing in our lifetimes too. Do we on here think it will happen?
  • Options
    NASA press conference on now about it's official UFO line
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    There has to be intelligent life out there somewhere, but it has to be close enough to us to make it worthwile visiting and indeed it has to exist in the same dimension of time. So whilst it has to be out there, it is beyond unlikely we will ever know about it. It makes far more sense to find other reasons for UFO sightings in the same way as ghosts which is a scientific impossibility.
  • Options
    Encountering a civilization that is, let's say, one million years more advanced than us - I find this quite frightening.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    I’m really excited about seeing high quality footage from the moon, when they land there in 2025. Will be very different from the grainy videos from the late 60s/early 70s.
    Definitely - it will be an amazing event with all the world watching.

Hopefully we'll have a Mars landing in our lifetimes too. Do we on here think it will happen?

Depends on how old you are ;)
  • Options
    They live amongst us!

Ghosts and aliens...

Even alien ghosts, sometimes ghost aliens...

• Options
    Yeah, been interesting  but ultimately without any proof of anything no one is going to believe it. I do believe there is life out there in the universe however I struggle to believe that if aliens were capable of getting to earth somehow then surely they would not crash their craft on earth lol. Travel lightyears to then crash into the USA.

In a more conspiratorial vein, I think it is either:

1) There has been unregulated and unaccounted spending by the DoD, a government agency and the congress and the senate want some transparency. 
    2) Trying to ramp up spending for an up coming arms race in space with the Russians and Chinese.
  • Options
    Covering something up, but certainly not aliens that travel from another galaxy but need headlights to see where they are going.