Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ongoing British Tennis…

Comments

• Options
    Cam Norrie v Felix Auger-Aliassime in Vienna at 1pm local time today.
  • Options
    Emma Raducanu v Ana Bogdan in Cluj, not before 3:30pm local time today.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    Is this on Amazon prime? i think this is where its harder for me to follow personally. I do use my sisters Amazon when needed eg. football or odd series just one of those i wont think about it like if its on TV. 
  • Options
    This match has already started. In second set. I won’t reveal score in case anyone is planning to watch the replay later this evening, which is what I was planning to do. Might as well watch the rest of it now!
  • Options
    Norrie a set up and 5-1 and 6-3 up in the second set tie break, somehow manages to lose to Alliasime 6-4 in the final set.
  • Options
    This match has already started. In second set. I won’t reveal score in case anyone is planning to watch the replay later this evening, which is what I was planning to do. Might as well watch the rest of it now!
    Yep the two hour time difference between Cluj and the U.K. caught me out and joined in an hour late! Never mind.
  • Options
    Superb win for Raducanu.

Just seen Halep is in the tournament though so will be a tough ask to win it.
  • Options
    Superb win for Raducanu.

Just seen Halep is in the tournament though so will be a tough ask to win it.
    They are due to meet in the semi final if they both get there.

For now, Emma has an upcoming quarter final against world number 53 Marta Kostyuk to deal with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Tomorrow's quarter finals in Cluj:

NOT BEFORE 2PM:
    R. Peterson v L. Tsurenko [Q]

NOT BEFORE 4PM:
    A. Kalinina [8] v A. Kontaveit [2]

NOT BEFORE 6PM:
    S. Halep [1] v J. Christian [WC]

FOLLOWED BY:
    E. Raducanu [3] v M. Kostyuk [6]
  • Options
    Norrie beats Fucsovics in straight sets 7-6 (7-4) 6-1 to join Murray in the second round in Vienna.
    I imagine most commentators are very glad when Fucsovics is out, so they don't have to worry about mispronouncing his name  ;)
    Indeed.  I'm wondering if it's Fuck-so-viks or Fuck-so-vichs.
  • Options
    Emma is down a break early in the first set.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Unfortunately Emma lost 6-2 6-1. Missed chance to face Halep in the next round.

Emma was not at all on her game with 0 aces, 7 double faults & 41 unforced errors.
  • Options

Emma was not at all on her game with 0 aces, 7 double faults & 41 unforced errors.
    Anyone would think she doesn't have a decent coach. 
  • Options

Anyone would think she doesn't have a decent coach. 
    Her US Open coach has a young family and other commitments and didn’t want to continue coaching her. She’s looking for someone new ahead of the new season and I’m sure someone will come in.
  • Options

Expectations of Emma are ridiculous given her lack of experience. She has an awful lot to learn and I'm sure she knows that.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    That was a quality game of tennis. No shame in losing to Alcaraz, such a talented 18 year old. 
    Alcaraz beats Berrettini (world number 7 and Wimbledon finalist) in the following round and is into the semi final.

One of the other semi finalists is Francis Tiafoe who Murray beat in Antwerp last week. Other semi finalists are Zverev who Murray ran close in Indian Wells and Sinner who, at age 20, is already world number 11.

Feeling as though Murray is very close to breaking through at one of these tournaments but perhaps 2022 will be the year now the season is beginning to wind down a bit. Time is running out for 2021.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Another impressive victory for Norrie in the Paris Masters - a real breakthrough season for him. Through to the last 32.
  • Options
    Excellent result for the 10th seeded Norrie who will face Krajinovic or Opelka in the next round.

I see Dan Evans unfortunately lost in three sets with Bublik while Andy Murray is headed to a third set tie break with world number 58 Dominik Koepfer.
  • Options
    Tense tie break!!
  • Options
    Murray blows it - disappointing result against an opponent he should be beating.

Really bad for the nerves watching him.
  • Options
    7 match points blown by Murray there. He seemed to lose patience, which was mad as he won the majority of the longer rallies.
  • Options
    7 match points blown by Murray there. He seemed to lose patience, which was mad as he won the majority of the longer rallies.
    Very disappointing end to the match - no easy wins for Murray.
  • Options
    Koepfer has beaten Auger-Aliassime in straight sets in the following round. 6-3 7-5. Seems that every player Murray gets drawn against is either top 20 or goes on to beat top 20!

Norrie has just started his match with Reilly Opelka.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Norrie wins 6-3 6-4 and moves into the third round to play Taylor Fritz. A potential quarter final with Djokovic would follow.
  • Options
    Norrie v Fritz is the second match on court today and will follow Koepfer v Hurkacz later on. Play starts at 11am Paris time.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Norrie continues to amaze me with his progress. I thought he would be 60 to 80 in the world tops. I thought he was a great competitor and supreme fitness but did not appear to have the big weapons to go higher when I first saw him  play 5 years ago.

Karl Edmund I tipped to be top 20 because of his serve and his massive forehand but injuries have derailed his career; Temperament may be lacking as well ?

Laura Robson I saw at Wimbledon when she was 14 and I thought she was destined to be a top 10 player in the woman's game as she had big shots and a good serve when Laura could find a rhythm; injuries have finished her career and she now does more commentary work at just 27.

Murray is unlikely to get that 20% back now to go deep in the slams but should still have some decent wins over the next 12 months until he finishes his tennis career by becoming a doubles player with his brother for a couple of years until he retires and spends more time with his Money, family, and his tennis school.

I used to have Fridays off if I was working Saturdays in case Murray's semi finals were first on at 2pm as I had to watch every ball played when he reached the business end  at Wimbledon.