Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ongoing British Tennis…

Comments

• Options
    Great victory for Murray 
  • Options
    Played really well and closed the game out clinically- he really rattled Sinner.

Murray is a great competitor. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    An excellent win over a top 10 opponent. Good opportunity for a semi final now against Tiafoe or Evans.
  • Options
    Murray continues to improve on his return and should start climbing the rankings. His second serve doesn't seem quite so vulnerable and he's moving really well.

A genuine competitor again which is amazing after his surgery.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Where was the game being shown? I couldn't see it on Prime where most of the tennis seems to be at the moment.
  • Options
    Where was the game being shown? I couldn't see it on Prime where most of the tennis seems to be at the moment.
    On BT sport. There is a stream on hesgoal
  • Options
    That was excellent by Andy,he gave the kid  a lesson in the second set.
  • Options
    Love to see it, i caught the first set but had to go play pool. 

It does annoy me that its not all on Eurosport these days, yesterday i was searching for Murray and Emma too via prime/eurosport and luckily worked out Murray was on BT, it used to be default check eurosport and much easier to follow for me.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Unfortunately Dan Evans was beaten earlier on in three sets by Frances Tiafoe 1-6 6-1 6-1. Strange to see three one sided sets in a row like that.

Murray due up vs. Tommy Paul in a couple of hours.
  • Options
    Murray heading to a third set with Tommy Paul. He lost the first set 6-2 but wins the second 6-3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray heading to a third set with Tommy Paul. He lost the first set 6-2 but wins the second 6-3.
    Not playing as well as yesterday but still in the match.
  • Options
    Murray talking up his chances I note. I'll be equally pleased and surprised if he wins tonight. 
  • Options
    Murray seems to struggle now with the intensity of tournament play, he's got great wins then struggled to physically recover for the next round
  • Options
    Lost in three sets unfortunately. 6-2 3-6 6-3
  • Options
    Murray struggling to get a good run of matches together. Be interesting to see if he can break the top 50 again next season.
  • Options
    Andy needs a days break in between games,which he wont get very much on the european tour tournaments.H e should have a rest for a few weeks come out fighting in the new year and see haw far he can get.There are now  loads of good youngsters coming through so things wont get any easier
  • Options
    I'd love to see him team up with his bro and have a real crack at the doubles tour next year. Make old ma Judy proud.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    I'd love to see him team up with his bro and have a real crack at the doubles tour next year. Make old ma Judy proud.
    Easily his best chance of winning something. Far less physically challenging, and he's a great doubles player in his own right
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Easily his best chance of winning something. Far less physically challenging, and he's a great doubles player in his own right
    I can't help thinking that Murray saw what Federer did in his mid 30s and thinks why not me. Personally I just don't see it, whereas if he turned to doubles, for the reasons you outline Killer, he could end his career on a real high.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59320466

Britain's Cameron Norrie will make his debut at the ATP Finals after Stefanos Tsitsipas withdrew injured from the event in Turin.
    The 26-year-old was second alternate for the season-ending tournament with first reserve Jannik Sinner having replaced Matteo Berretini on Tuesday.
    Norrie will take on Norway's Casper Ruud on Wednesday (20:00 GMT) and world number one Novak Djokovic on Friday.
    The ATP said Greece's Tsitsipas had withdrawn with a right elbow injury.
    Playing at the elite tournament, which features the year's eight leading players, caps a successful year for Norrie, who won the prestigious Indian Wells tournament and became British number one in October.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59320466

Britain's Cameron Norrie will make his debut at the ATP Finals after Stefanos Tsitsipas withdrew injured from the event in Turin.
    The 26-year-old was second alternate for the season-ending tournament with first reserve Jannik Sinner having replaced Matteo Berretini on Tuesday.
    Norrie will take on Norway's Casper Ruud on Wednesday (20:00 GMT) and world number one Novak Djokovic on Friday.
    The ATP said Greece's Tsitsipas had withdrawn with a right elbow injury.
    Playing at the elite tournament, which features the year's eight leading players, caps a successful year for Norrie, who won the prestigious Indian Wells tournament and became British number one in October.
    I hope Cameron is in good shape.
  • Options
    Great news for a Cam.
     Just a slight pity it's no longer at the O2.
  • Options
    Norrie defeated by Ruud in three sets unfortunately which effectively kills his chances of getting out of the group stage.

He still has one game to play, against Djokovic.
  • Options
    How much notice did Norrie have? Was he already out there as a reserve just in case or did he have to jump on the next flight and play almost immediately?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-59325399

Not English tennis but this is weird.
  • Options
    Wow, that's sad. It will be really interesting to find out why, is it injury related - she's had a knee problem - or a lack of motivation?
  • Options
    Wow, that's sad. It will be really interesting to find out why, is it injury related - she's had a knee problem - or a lack of motivation?
    Partly being 30, there ain't many top 100 WTA players older, partly tendonitis in a knee.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Partly being 30, there ain't many top 100 WTA players older, partly tendonitis in a knee.
    Not long ago, the big thing was that tennis players were dominating well into their 30s

Serena, Roger, Rafa, Novak, Murray etc

Now (other than No-vac) it seems that we have skipped a generation, with the mantle being passed to the mid 20s and younger
  • Options
    Surprised the Davis Cup wasn't on here, i watched bits of it. Obviously now we fell short against Germany 2-1 after taking the first singles i haven't watched it since. Quarter finals, not a bad effort but had a feeling we would do better and surprised Norrie lost his singles.