Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Not a single player who would make their bench? Really? 
    Maybe MacGillivray and Famewo, but that’s about it. Take a look at the team that just beat Doncaster 6-0 - 5 out of 7 of their bench would probably start for us. 

Who’s our best player? Stockley? Lee? They’ve got Bonne, Pigott, Chaplin, Celina, Fraser, Aluko or  Norwood to pick from in those two positions.

You can’t compare our situation to theirs. They’re much better than us.

If Stockley is one of our best players we are doomed 
    I’ll say. He’s not even our best centre forward.
  • I think the truth is that TS isn't from the same breed of nut job as RD was and he believes it can take time to build something special. 

It's clear he recognises things are not going as planned, but as any investor knows when things don't go right, don't make rash decisions at the first sign of trouble.

If things don't improve then make a decision.
  • It would have been a good time to get rid of a manager with the international break....a 2 week mini fitness camp could have been set up to get players fit....
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I think the truth is that TS isn't from the same breed of nut job as RD was and he believes it can take time to build something special. 

It's clear he recognises things are not going as planned, but as any investor knows when things don't go right, don't make rash decisions at the first sign of trouble.

If things don't improve then make a decision.
    To late for that Dazzler21 he brought that Danish striker without thinking twice.
  • The thought of a losing tomorrow, Adkins NOT getting sacked, and having to wait two weeks for the same shite to attempt to rectify itself is daunting.  
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    The thought of a losing tomorrow, Adkins NOT getting sacked, and having to wait two weeks for the same shite to attempt to rectify itself is daunting.  
    I've posted on here before , that even if I dont like a manager they should get a season.
    I’ve seen your position on here regarding Adkins, it’s a fair position and I kind of understand it, but disagree with it.  And as I’ve said before I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.
  • clb74 said:
    The thought of a losing tomorrow, Adkins NOT getting sacked, and having to wait two weeks for the same shite to attempt to rectify itself is daunting.  
    I've posted on here before , that even if I dont like a manager they should get a season.
    He's had Spring Summer and now Autumn ... let's not have Winter.
  • I'm in between. I'm really genuinely hoping Adkins can turn it around as he does seem a nice guy and there are certainly mitigating circumstances to his struggles. 

But I'm definitely starting to question if he can. Giving him a whole season could potentially have implications for several seasons to come if it goes badly enough.... Which so far, it is.
  • They’re not sure their boots fit. 
  • I must admit l don’t understand the fitness bit either. 

Clare, Purrington and Gilbey coming back from injury I understand. 

The rest of the guys are pro athletes they must be fit. Ok maybe not match fit but we are hardly helping getting them match fit - if they aren’t involved in the squad we don’t see them play 90 for the u23s on a regular basis. 

The rest of the squad I don’t get. If the idea is to build up minutes for the ones that haven’t been with us long - if we leave them out does their match fitness drop ?  If Leko or CBT are injured can Kirk and DJ play 90 ? 

What’s Arters role in the masterplan ? With Watson playing every game recently how does he get to a place where he can play 90 ? Dobson hasn’t been playing - is he fit enough to do 90 ? 

More questions than answers 

• meldrew66 said:

What's bugging me the most is understanding why it hasn't worked out? The squad is full of players who were highly rated at their last club (MacGillivray, DJ, kirk, Levelle etc) and yet 2 of the young stars (DJ & Kirk) have been discarded in no time at all along with Dobson. Famewo and Matthews look a shadow of the solid defenders they were last season. Hardly anybody can play 90 minutes any more. Pearce and Davison looked like loanee-out fodder but are now starting line-up material. Gilbey's back but playing as a winger when we aren't selecting wingers in the squad any more. Ronnie's stealing a living and being allowed to get away with it. 

This is my worry too.

I never took to Adkins and his 1990s style pep talks but it can't all be down to him surely.  Whatever we think of his poor results he has.loads of experience. 

Why was Ronnie signed  and what happened to him ?

Where are all  the young Premiership loans we got under Bowyer..Maatsen,  Cullen , Gallagher etc

Why has our recruitment gone from outstanding with  zero budget to piss poor with a decent budget?

Why did we re sign Watson but release Pratley ?

It just doesn't make any  sense and while he has to go , something more structural is wrong at the club.

Adkins may just be the scapegoat for something more serious. 
    I think Bowyer and Gallen were good at the no pot to piss in negotiations.  Bowyer also had the top flight name and it was clear that he did well with those young midfielders.  I really don’t believe that Dobson and Clare would have been signed by LB and he certainly wouldn’t have gone for the plethora of flakey wingers.  He also understood that you are only as good as your strikers 
  • Also  we have had 3 or 4 captains so far this year ? 

Has any other L1 side had that many ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Adkins aside, the real gutting thing is the season as a whole and the return from the pandemic.  

Imagine how much of a buzz this season would give if we were up there with the Wigan’s and Sunderland’s as expected, we’d see the valley tilting towards decent crowds again, the away ticket threads would spring to life cos we might sell out more than just fuckin Gillingham.  

Looking forward to the next six pointers against the aforementioned Wigan’s and Sunderland's instead of Morecambe and Crewe with anxiety.

We are a massive let down at times ain’t we, as they say it’s the hope that kills you.  The idea that our entire season after a season watching from home is written off already, or if it isn’t written off it’s a relegation battle in league one is depressing stuff. 
    I do feel your  pain br7.
    As you've said before it's not only losing but the way were losing.
    Anothe 5 changes today by Adkins.
    I thought this season was going to be a bit different and we would get one or 2 wow signings but they never happened. 
    I thought we would be challenging or at least going for top 6.
    We was meant to be turning a corner this season with TS not nosediveing.
    Surely the football cant get any worse.
  • Adkins aside, the real gutting thing is the season as a whole and the return from the pandemic.  

Imagine how much of a buzz this season would give if we were up there with the Wigan’s and Sunderland’s as expected, we’d see the valley tilting towards decent crowds again, the away ticket threads would spring to life cos we might sell out more than just fuckin Gillingham.  

Looking forward to the next six pointers against the aforementioned Wigan’s and Sunderland's instead of Morecambe and Crewe with anxiety.

We are a massive let down at times ain’t we, as they say it’s the hope that kills you.  The idea that our entire season after a season watching from home is written off already, or if it isn’t written off it’s a relegation battle in league one is depressing stuff. 
    It is part and parcel of supporting this lot.  Took me a while to catch on but I settled down into the natural biorhythm of an Addick, hopes dashed, clinging to past glories regaled by family members and periodic bouts of euphoria. The Premier days fucked me a bit, but i have levelled out again.

Shit ain't it?
  • edited October 2021
    Never lost faith in Nige, he's hoping he's got until Xmas now to mastermind the charge to the playoffs!
  • Before today:
    Adkins out 99%
    After today:
    Adkins out 95%

He’s gotta win the next three for me but as one is Sunderland away, I’ll take 7 points for me go back to neutral in regards to his position.  
  • Still needs to go, we've reached October having only beat Fleetwood and Crewe. 
  • Before today:
    Adkins out 99%
    After today:
    Adkins out 95%

He’s gotta win the next three for me but as one is Sunderland away, I’ll take 7 points for me go back to neutral in regards to his position.  
    Pretty much agree with this. No point sacking him after a win.

we need to play a strong team on Tuesday to get games in legs and start building relationships and partnerships
  • edited October 2021
    In all seriousness what's the NA situation now? He surely needs to go unbeaten in the coming 5 games (winning a couple) to keep his job I reckon. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!