Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• I wouldn’t write off Wilder…
    What have you heard?... ;)
  • I think the recruitment algorithm has been hacked 
    Mowgli's leaving present?
  • I think for me as some have mentioned previously too, the manager needs to have enough influence on the squad personnel wise to be able to play how he wants, as well as match to match tactics, so he can be responsible for success on the pitch.

If he’s denied this through interference or budget, can he be held responsible?

That’s the decision TS needs to make. Of course once the rot truly sets in he has to do something anyway regardless. Tough business football.

• Scoham said:
    I wouldn’t write off Wilder…
    What have you heard?... ;)
    I sense another rumours thread looming B)
  • The problem with Jackson/Euell is that if they do come in and continue to do poorly. Some people will be so against firing them, that we'll just go on a downward spiral until it's too late this season. 

Jackson and Euell will be given the whole season, the players will be blamed and they'll get another chance. Then another poor season and we're a League Two club for 2 seasons. 
  • The problem with Jackson/Euell is that if they do come in and continue to do poorly. Some people will be so against firing them, that we'll just go on a downward spiral until it's too late this season. 

Jackson and Euell will be given the whole season, the players will be blamed and they'll get another chance. Then another poor season and we're a League Two club for 2 seasons. 
    The same can be said about any replacement surely? Whether it’s Jackson, Euell or anybody else.

That's a massive leap from giving them a few games as caretaker to us spending two seasons in L2.

If we bring in a permanent manager and they struggle we'll have to pay off another long term contract.

If JJ and Euell do poorly a few extreme optimists won't keep them in the job. They can start as caretakers and we'll see if Adkins is the problem, we can't do that with anyone else.
  • Twitter poll, 75% Adkins outs so far, but only 63 votes.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    The problem with Jackson/Euell is that if they do come in and continue to do poorly. Some people will be so against firing them, that we'll just go on a downward spiral until it's too late this season. 

That's a massive leap from giving them a few games as caretaker to us spending two seasons in L2.

If we bring in a permanent manager and they struggle we'll have to pay off another long term contract.

If JJ and Euell do poorly a few extreme optimists won't keep them in the job. They can start as caretakers and we'll see if Adkins is the problem, we can't do that with anyone else.
    What happens if Adkins wasnt the problem?
    Don't give them the job permanently and bring in someone from outside the club.
  • Scoham said:
    clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    The problem with Jackson/Euell is that if they do come in and continue to do poorly. Some people will be so against firing them, that we'll just go on a downward spiral until it's too late this season. 

And keep JJ and Euall in their current jobs? 
  • Scoham said:
    clb74 said:
    Scoham said:

What then happens to that someone outside if we are not getting the results after 15 games?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    clb74 said:
    Scoham said:

And keep JJ and Euall in their current jobs? 
    Could go either way depending how they do and what the new manager wants. I'd rather a new manager had their own staff.
  • clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    clb74 said:
    Scoham said:

What then happens to that someone outside if we are not getting the results after 15 games?
    Going off this logic, no manager would be sacked, ever.
  • edited September 2021
    clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    clb74 said:
    Scoham said:

That's not a reason to stick with NA if it's not working. Whatever your opinion on the squad I'm sure the majority agree it's not the 23rd best squad in the division. I expect he'll get a couple more games at the very least so we need to at least see signs we're improving, even if we don't immediately get results. So far we've not shown anything like that, every area of our game is lacking, defending, passing, pressing and attacking. Even the effort doesn't seem to be there.
  • clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    clb74 said:
    Scoham said:

Again, the idea is they do get the results cos the current one is the problem.  That’s the entire reason why fans want him gone, we believe things will get better.  I don’t get the point you’re trying to make.
  • It’s not working. Something has to change. What though? I don’t know.
  • Get the wet fish out and get a decent manager in. Should have kept Pratley for another year
     He had fight and leadership. Before anyone replies...check the league table....pathetic
  • Sponsored links:

• If something is going to change then surely it's best be decisive and do it sooner rather than later, but reckon it needs be with someone ready to come in straight away and with the intention of sticking with them.

Can't be doing with a caretaker set up until the end of the season or whatever, better keeping it as it is now

• clb74 said:
    My worry is no matter who we get in as manager,  are we the fans going to give that manager the time to work with thier squad?

We’re a demanding fan base but only because we are at the lowest we’ve been for donkeys years.  The expectation for this season has already plummeted, so someone coming in now, early doors, is ideal before we find ourselves in a relegation battle.
  • edited September 2021
    It's not working.

But whether or not Adkins is sacked - if the set-up & staffing doesn't change, both in recruitment and off the pitch, I think we'll still be in the brown stuff.
  • edited September 2021
    Thing is we don't know what is wrong, is it the manager or is it the setup, nobody knows.  But we can see results are terrible and something has to change, if it is the setup that has not made Adkins job easy, it might be because he doesn't suit the setup, then the next manager might work well in it.  

Chris Wilder is old school and he would want full control, if Roddy etc pick the players we aren't the club for him.
  • Recruitment was lethargic. Way too late making those signings. But now we have a full squad we need to give the fella a few more games to see if he can make it work. 
  • I wouldn’t write off Wilder…
    You tease.... have you heard something or just your own opinion he may consider us ?!
  • Unpopular opinion because the witch hunt appears to be in full effect but I wouldn’t sack him, yet. My thinking is this:

- the transfer window was pretty decent in the end
    - I believe the squad we have should be able to challenge for the playoffs, any less would be a failure of management, recruitment or both 
    - all that said, the recruitment was only completed  14 days ago (including Souare, who I think is going to be key to unlocking Kirk)
    - given the international break we’re effectively judging a manager who has had his full squad for a couple of training sessions and one match, I’m willing to give it a bit longer (but my patience is finite)

Another reason I don’t agree with sacking him just yet is that many of the voices calling for it are at the same time advocating some combination of Jackson or Euell and or Curbishley. I would hate to be associated with minds so unimaginative.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!