Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    get curbs in as dof and to replace roddy, sack adkins and bring mick marcathy in - let roddy be a consultant to advise on the plans for the academy upgrade but get him away from the coaching set up, recruitment or anything else he can damage - chuck the black box and review gallen's position    - ASAP
    McCarthy? Please no more tactical dinosaurs.

I'd have him in a heartbeat. I don't want new formations and expansive football. I want some no nonsense bollocks that will keep us up.
    He’s in his own relegation battle with Cardiff. I want us to press and pass well like many League 1 clubs do. It’s a league that’s moving on from playing a rigid 4-4-2 and pumping it up to the big man.
    For this season, I think it's too late to "press and pass". The league maybe moving on for some, but when you are in a relegation fight (as we are) then finesse is out of the window. We need a Warnock / Allardyce / Bruce / McCarthy approach - ugly but effective.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    It’s absolutely right that he’s let go. 

But some of the stuff being put out on social media is out of order.
    He’s a decent human being, just not a very good football manager.
    People have such a blood lust. 
    What’s being put on social media?
    Dick pics

Dick Tydeman!

He was my hero 40-odd years ago!

• Options
    Phil said:
    Adkins should, of course, have gone weeks ago. The obvious time to get rid was the international break. The win just before it fooled nobody.
    This ongoing delay and uncertainty helps no one especially with an away game so far away.
    This.

The last 2 defeats could & probably would gave been avoided if Adkins had gone during the International. It would have given the new manager time to instill done basics into the players.

As Boris said.......more dither & delay. 
    The international break would have been perfect for the new person to work with the players

Alternatively, if TS and Roddy felt Nigel deserved more time to work with the players, then the Lincoln game should have been the final straw, as after 2 weeks of work, we got worse

If Nigel had been removed by Adkins, even just from new manager bounce, I'm sure Jacko or Euell as caretakers would have got something from last night
    But we went in the break on the back of two wins ?? 
    One of which was in the Papa Johns Trophy against Southampton U23. That hardly counts.
  • Options
    Everything I have ever read about Adkins points to him being a good man. He has clearly come to the club wanting to achieve success and for whatever reason that unfortunately has not happened. I am sure nobody is more gutted about that than him. I am sure his pay off will be a substantial sum however I doubt it is anything he is going to be able to retire on and he will clearly have to find work elsewhere with his reputation significantly weakened to what it was when he took us over. 

I know football managers are paid good money and it perhaps comes with the territory however it must have been a very lonely few weeks for him. I personally cannot think of anything worse than being stood in the middle of a football stadium with thousands of fans chanting about your impending demise, I have been in a job before where I've known I'm in over my head and its a terrible feeling. It must be even worse when your failure is in the public spotlight, either in your place of work like it has been for Adkins and all over the Internet as well.

I have posted myself over the last few weeks that a change is probably needed however I must admit the very public lynching of managers does make me a little uncomfortable, I am not just talking about Adkins but in general. I've been guilty of it myself and its easy to do as almost all of our collective loyalty is to our club and not the manager and results for our club have been really poor this season.

If Adkins does go which looks likely then he will go with my best wishes. Sometimes things work out in life and sometimes they don't. I am sure he has tried his best and will be as disappointed as us that it has not worked out as he planned. Nobody takes a job with the intention of not succeeding.

Well said, great post! Sums up my own feelings much better than I could have expressed them. 
  • Options
    dickad1 said:
    Everything I have ever read about Adkins points to him being a good man. He has clearly come to the club wanting to achieve success and for whatever reason that unfortunately has not happened. I am sure nobody is more gutted about that than him. I am sure his pay off will be a substantial sum however I doubt it is anything he is going to be able to retire on and he will clearly have to find work elsewhere with his reputation significantly weakened to what it was when he took us over. 

I know football managers are paid good money and it perhaps comes with the territory however it must have been a very lonely few weeks for him. I personally cannot think of anything worse than being stood in the middle of a football stadium with thousands of fans chanting about your impending demise, I have been in a job before where I've known I'm in over my head and its a terrible feeling. It must be even worse when your failure is in the public spotlight, either in your place of work like it has been for Adkins and all over the Internet as well.

I have posted myself over the last few weeks that a change is probably needed however I must admit the very public lynching of managers does make me a little uncomfortable, I am not just talking about Adkins but in general. I've been guilty of it myself and its easy to do as almost all of our collective loyalty is to our club and not the manager and results for our club have been really poor this season.

If Adkins does go which looks likely then he will go with my best wishes. Sometimes things work out in life and sometimes they don't. I am sure he has tried his best and will be as disappointed as us that it has not worked out as he planned. Nobody takes a job with the intention of not succeeding.

Well said, great post! Sums up my own feelings much better than I could have expressed them. 
    Likewise.. great post
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:

Dick pics

Dick Tydeman!

Tydeman was your hero ???

Strange choice, but each to their own !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well said. Great post 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    For the love of God, do something!!!!!
  • Options
    Wilder watching Fulham v Cardiff tonight.
    Must know Silva is in line for Charlton hotseat
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Phil said:
    Adkins should, of course, have gone weeks ago. The obvious time to get rid was the international break. The win just before it fooled nobody.
    This ongoing delay and uncertainty helps no one especially with an away game so far away.
    This.

The last 2 defeats could & probably would gave been avoided if Adkins had gone during the International. It would have given the new manager time to instill done basics into the players.

As Boris said.......more dither & delay. 
    The international break would have been perfect for the new person to work with the players

Alternatively, if TS and Roddy felt Nigel deserved more time to work with the players, then the Lincoln game should have been the final straw, as after 2 weeks of work, we got worse

If Nigel had been removed by Adkins, even just from new manager bounce, I'm sure Jacko or Euell as caretakers would have got something from last night
    But we went in the break on the back of two wins ?? 
    One of which was in the Papa Johns Trophy against Southampton U23. That hardly counts.
    Yeah, but Ali ..... be reasonable.

We're clutching at straws here. :smile:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    It’s only if Alan Nixon says there won’t be one that you should expect one. 
  • Options
    The vitriol and personal abuse is uncalled for, and saddens me. I stupidly thought Charlton fans were better than that.
    Yes it's time for Nigel to go, it didn't work out, that happens sometimes, but really some of the stuff being said is just plain wrong, shame on them.
    Hopefully it’s not felt on here mirrors that. I like to think that generally there’s always an undercurrent of humour with it all. Some things today have really made me chuckle 
    Cheers mate. Means a ot
  • Options
    Webbja77 said:
    dickad1 said:

Likewise.. great post
    I disagree,. You 3 are part of the problem,  making excuses for a clueless idiot who in 3 months has set us back 2 years.

I despair of you happy clappers. Wake up and smell the coffee.  We are in a relegation dog fight FFS.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Gribbo said:
    The vitriol and personal abuse is uncalled for, and saddens me. I stupidly thought Charlton fans were better than that.
    Yes it's time for Nigel to go, it didn't work out, that happens sometimes, but really some of the stuff being said is just plain wrong, shame on them.
    Hopefully it’s not felt on here mirrors that. I like to think that generally there’s always an undercurrent of humour with it all. Some things today have really made me chuckle 
    Cheers mate. Means a ot
    Your posts are always worth a ook
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Cheers mate. Means a ot
    Your posts are always worth a ook
    Happy tears 😹
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:

Dick pics

Dick Tydeman!

Tydeman was your hero ???

Strange choice, but each to their own !!!
    Well, okay ..... let's just say at the time Dick Tydeman was the nearest we had to a midfield creative genius in the team.

Imagine Claus Jensen with one leg, no pace but still able to occasionally make the killer pass. That was our Dick. :wink:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:

Dick pics

Dick Tydeman!

As the man in front of me on the East Terrace once said: “Stretch your legs Tidman!!”
  • Options
    After Before Tydeman retired he joined my company and I trained him, he was the nicest person you could imagine, and a half decent midfielder

• Options
    If there is a God, he'll be offered the Newcastle United job....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!