Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Gone. Gallen in temporary charge. 

A little bird told me. It may be talking bullocks of course. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    And no confirmation either, that Adkins is keeping his job.
    Not even a vote of confidence.

With all the rampant speculation, the club must quickly resolve this situation.
    And make an announcement at the earliest opportunity.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Must be tomorrow morning at 9am then.

1 sleep to go......
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    It’s absolutely right that he’s let go. 

But some of the stuff being put out on social media is out of order.
    He’s a decent human being, just not a very good football manager.
    People have such a blood lust. 
    What’s being put on social media?
    Dick pics
  • Options
    As has been said, Adkins either takes training tomorrow or he doesn't. If he doesn't we will hear of it. 
  • Options
    we'll know tomorrow but I really cant see how they can justify giving him more time unless its purely for financial reasons
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Dick pics
    I’m not talking about them, I already follow you on Instagram Dave
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    we'll know tomorrow but I really cant see how they can justify giving him more time unless its purely for financial reasons
    If we are keeping him on because of financial reasons,  then the fans really do need to be told what's going on.
    Otherwise I can see demos in the near future.

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Dick pics
    You haven’t been looked at post mortem erections again have you? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Even then, get rid, keep paying him and keep Jackon on the same wages to be a caretaker or something.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Pretty bored of hearing Ged Roddy’s name every time we lose.

A lot of people make assumptions about what his role is, and how responsible he is for current results, but with very little evidence to back it up.

Ged Roddy is not the reason the likes of Chris Gunter cannot be bothered to put in a decent performance despite being one of the most experienced players in the division.

Ged Roddy is not the reason most of our defensive clearances go straight back to the opposition.

I could go on. I know everyone wants to point fingers and play football chairman, but I just don’t get the obsession so many people have with Roddy. 

Like I’ve said before, I think it is a symptom of being a fanbase that looks into the background operations of the club so forensically (often for good reason), and needing to find scapegoats.

Personally - whilst I agree Adkins should go, my anger is largely at these gutless players who don’t seem to give a single toss about Charlton. Fuck the lot of them. 
    Totally understand your thoughts, Tom. However, the players are still people (irrespective of salary/lifestyle/blah blah blah), and if they are being poorly managed it will inherently effect their motivation, in turn impacting on their performance. It's the same in any workplace.

It's so easy (and understandable) to fall into the trap that people don't give a f*** at work. A few don't, of course, but when it comes to human emotions and demonstrable behaviour, it really isn't that straight forward.

This is a 'team' (in reality, a group) whose morale is low because there is no leadership from above. If morale is low, trust subsides. If trust is low, productivity suffers!

People's emotions drive morale, motivation and behaviour. If this team of players aren't motivated because of poor leadership, it will intrinsically impact on their performance.

This isn't hyperbole, it's psychology. If people aren't emotionally in the right place, performance will be negatively impacted. Whether you're a footballer earning a decent crust or someone on minimum wage, it's an irrelevance. People are people and we are all different. Our internal emotions drive our external behaviours and performance.
  • Options
    There’s more chance of me eating a tender baby lamb kebab with a side order of juvinile gooses fois gras than of Adkins being booted anytime soon. The death by a thousand cuts continues.
  • Options
    Now I know why Bowyer didn’t talk with Roddy because he hasn’t got a clue! Get rid of him and Adkins 
  • Options
    We know they have had a meeting without Adkins. If they were going to give him more time you would think they would announce it to at least stop the speculation. He must have gone but then we have to work out why it may not be announced. Possibly we are close to appointing a new manager. It is going to be very interesting to know who takes training tomorrow. An important session given we have a match on Saturday and travel on Friday.
  • Options
    Interesting listening to George Caulkin from the Athletic on 5Live about Steve Bruce, and how it took 3 days from the decision being made, to the announcement this morning. So it might well take till tomorrow morning 
  • Options
    Adkins should, of course, have gone weeks ago. The obvious time to get rid was the international break. The win just before it fooled nobody.
    This ongoing delay and uncertainty helps no one especially with an away game so far away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the vitriol inevitably increases as the issue is allowed to persist. It always becomes increasingly toxic and the point was reached some time ago where a reset was needed.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    get curbs in as dof and to replace roddy, sack adkins and bring mick marcathy in - let roddy be a consultant to advise on the plans for the academy upgrade but get him away from the coaching set up, recruitment or anything else he can damage - chuck the black box and review gallen's position    - ASAP
    McCarthy? Please no more tactical dinosaurs.

I'd cry if McCarthy took over
  • Options
    The vitriol and personal abuse is uncalled for, and saddens me. I stupidly thought Charlton fans were better than that.
    Yes it's time for Nigel to go, it didn't work out, that happens sometimes, but really some of the stuff being said is just plain wrong, shame on them.
    Sign if the times. People take things too far
  • Options
    362 applicants for the role I heard.

Katriene Meire has been drafted in to carry out interviews this week.
    She should be done by Friday morning
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Next stop Charlton
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Players gain nothing for losing matches and being part of a team that gets relegated, in fact their reputation and value can only go down. It's their livelihood, not just something they do for laughs on a Sunday. Even if they're on loan from a club in a higher division they know that their performances are analysed, and will affect their future at their home clubs.
    So yes, this bunch might be a bit rubbish at times, but as far as I'm concerned they ARE trying.
    I'm sure players do occasionally turn against a manager, but I'm not sure Adkins is the sort of bloke that provokes that sort of reaction, whereas it might be more likely to happen to a more abrasive manager.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!