Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I’m not surprised, spend 20 minutes either on Twitter or in the north stand concourses, and you’ll neither be surprised or shocked 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    There’s more chance of me eating a tender baby lamb kebab with a side order of juvinile gooses fois gras than of Adkins being booted anytime soon. The death by a thousand cuts continues.
    Mmmmmm
  • Options
    Suddenly - Nothing happened.

But it happened quickly.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    Valley11 said:
    It’s absolutely right that he’s let go. 

But some of the stuff being put out on social media is out of order.
    He’s a decent human being, just not a very good football manager.
    People have such a blood lust. 
    Yes I agree, I’ve not enjoyed the we want Adkins out/ sacked in the morning chants, feels really uncomfortable with him. I do think he needs to go as the relationship with the fans is irreparable and to be quite blunt he’s not doing a good job. He’s a good fella and it’s no fun reading and hearing the abuse. It’s football, sadly it’s not working, so everyone should move on with our best wishes.let the next man have a go.
    Agree with all of this.

But the table tells us the truth. And so do the disjointed team performances.

I've no doubt you tried your best, Nigel. 
    But the season is fast becoming a train wreck and something has to quickly change. And I'm afraid, that's you.

Sorry, but feel something needs to be said about "everyone should move on". How can one "move on" from the nauseating practice of rewarding failure? Good Fella/ Bad Fella does not come into play here. Neither the comment that "It's football" do anything than highlight how easy it is for opportunists to rinse the sport, and how football supporters are held to ransom by "long term contracts" that ask very little of management? Meanwhile, EFL does sweet bugger all....... but all those EFL guys are "rinsing" a very good living out of the game too. No blood lust over Atkins, nice guy who I am sure, would lend you his lawnmower. Hasn't actually done him much good though..... other than he will probably walk away loaded. Gordon Strachan, Middlesbrough 2010-11. What a big guy. Failing, job "mutualised" and then tore up his own contract. No payout.  One of the "Old School"  "Pre Premiership" genuines. Very few and far between now. Game has become very "Pardewesque". Truly feel sorry many of you have missed the good days. One sick game...........  
  • Options
    Wilder watching Fulham v Cardiff tonight.
  • Options
    A bit unsatisfactory to have this dragging on another day. I assume the team will travel up to Sunderland on Friday, so tomorrow is the only day for training.

Whoever is in charge of training tomorrow has to be the person picking the team, formation, set piece takers etc on Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021

Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    get curbs in as dof and to replace roddy, sack adkins and bring mick marcathy in - let roddy be a consultant to advise on the plans for the academy upgrade but get him away from the coaching set up, recruitment or anything else he can damage - chuck the black box and review gallen's position    - ASAP
    McCarthy? Please no more tactical dinosaurs.

I'd have him in a heartbeat. I don't want new formations and expansive football. I want some no nonsense bollocks that will keep us up.
    He’s in his own relegation battle with Cardiff. I want us to press and pass well like many League 1 clubs do. It’s a league that’s moving on from playing a rigid 4-4-2 and pumping it up to the big man.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    In London then.
    Next Cardiff manager 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    get curbs in as dof and to replace roddy, sack adkins and bring mick marcathy in - let roddy be a consultant to advise on the plans for the academy upgrade but get him away from the coaching set up, recruitment or anything else he can damage - chuck the black box and review gallen's position    - ASAP
    I'd have him in a heartbeat. I don't want new formations and expansive football. I want some no nonsense bollocks that will keep us up.
    He’s in his own relegation battle with Cardiff. I want us to press and pass well like many League 1 clubs do. It’s a league that’s moving on from playing a rigid 4-4-2 and pumping it up to the big man.
    True but you need to build to that, 4-4-2 is usually a good way to stop a rot and give you something to build from.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    In London then.
    Just hope he's not there as an option to take over from Mick McCarthy
  • Options
    Wilders no mug. He wouldn't take any job. Unlike washed out old Adkins his stock is pretty high.

TS would have to blow things out of the water and have a sound plan for ambition for him to even listen.
  • Options
    If it’s true that Adkins has been relieved of his job or agreed to go, I don’t see any benefit in delaying the announcement. There’s no real need to announce the new man at the same time. A new manager or caretaker are all easily stand alone announcements. If it’s not true then give him a vote of confidence. This fannying around just makes things worse. Hard to believe it isn’t true though given widespread rumours. 
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Adkins should, of course, have gone weeks ago. The obvious time to get rid was the international break. The win just before it fooled nobody.
    This ongoing delay and uncertainty helps no one especially with an away game so far away.
    This.

The last 2 defeats could & probably would gave been avoided if Adkins had gone during the International. It would have given the new manager time to instill done basics into the players.

As Boris said.......more dither & delay. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    True but you need to build to that, 4-4-2 is usually a good way to stop a rot and give you something to build from.
    Agree, we want something to build on as you say. Can’t build up to a better style if we bring in a manager like McCarthy.

If there were 10 games left we might want a short term appointment, but it’s early enough in the season to go for someone who should be here longer term.
  • Options
    I would imagine somebody like Wilder would want some autonomy in terms of decisions on players, playing style etc. That might mean a change from the current set up. So the alternative would be another chump. If we get Wilder, it would surely be a day to rejoice. I know, we can but dream!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it’s true that Adkins has been relieved of his job or agreed to go, I don’t see any benefit in delaying the announcement. There’s no real need to announce the new man at the same time. A new manager or caretaker are all easily stand alone announcements. If it’s not true then give him a vote of confidence. This fannying around just makes things worse. Hard to believe it isn’t true though given widespread rumours. 
    Takes time to tie up all the legal stuff of departure taken Newcastle 3 days to announce Bruce departure mind you he did walk away with 8 mill !!!!
  • Options
    Takes time to tie up all the legal stuff of departure taken Newcastle 3 days to announce Bruce departure mind you he did walk away with 8 mill !!!!
    It might well take a few days to tie up the departure package but that’s got nothing to do with the fact he’s gone (if he has). 

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Phil said:
    Adkins should, of course, have gone weeks ago. The obvious time to get rid was the international break. The win just before it fooled nobody.
    This ongoing delay and uncertainty helps no one especially with an away game so far away.
    This.

The last 2 defeats could & probably would gave been avoided if Adkins had gone during the International. It would have given the new manager time to instill done basics into the players.

The international break would have been perfect for the new person to work with the players

Alternatively, if TS and Roddy felt Nigel deserved more time to work with the players, then the Lincoln game should have been the final straw, as after 2 weeks of work, we got worse

If Nigel had been removed by Adkins TS , even just from new manager bounce, I'm sure Jacko or Euell as caretakers would have got something from last night
  • Options

thenewbie said:
    I would imagine somebody like Wilder would want some autonomy in terms of decisions on players, playing style etc. That might mean a change from the current set up. So the alternative would be another chump. If we get Wilder, it would surely be a day to rejoice. I know, we can but dream!
    Wilder is not and will not ever be joining us in League One. 
    He would not join anyone in league one … people need to be more realistic …
  • Options
    Phil said:
    This.

The international break would have been perfect for the new person to work with the players

Alternatively, if TS and Roddy felt Nigel deserved more time to work with the players, then the Lincoln game should have been the final straw, as after 2 weeks of work, we got worse

If Nigel had been removed by Adkins, even just from new manager bounce, I'm sure Jacko or Euell as caretakers would have got something from last night
    But we went in the break on the back of two wins ?? 
  • Options
    The vitriol and personal abuse is uncalled for, and saddens me. I stupidly thought Charlton fans were better than that.
    Yes it's time for Nigel to go, it didn't work out, that happens sometimes, but really some of the stuff being said is just plain wrong, shame on them.
    Hopefully it’s not felt on here mirrors that. I like to think that generally there’s always an undercurrent of humour with it all. Some things today have really made me chuckle 
  • Options

thenewbie said:
    Wilder is not and will not ever be joining us in League One. 
    He would not join anyone in league one … people need to be more realistic …
    Did you listen to his interview then?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Phil said:
    This.

If Nigel had been removed by Adkins, even just from new manager bounce, I'm sure Jacko or Euell as caretakers would have got something from last night
     It smacks of two people (TS &Roddy) completely out of their depth.
    They now have no confidence in any decisions they are having to make due to having their fingers burned.
     That's why they drag their heels for so long.

An experienced football CEO may help with this. Roddy is completely unqualified
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!