Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

There's 890 of us online. And 530 guests.

And nothing is happening!

• Options
    edited October 2021
    AndyG said:
    As a side note

Is there much sympathy on here for Adkins ? I personally think he has to go but also not sure that will solve the issues so do have a bit of sympathy for him. What's other peoples thoughts
    Yes I have sympathy for him.  I also have sympathy for the member of my team whose constant absences from work have caused a huge amount of disruption.  She doesn't want to pack in her job but I wish she would go and save us the unpleasantness of a capabilities procedure.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    As a side note

Is there much sympathy on here for Adkins ? I personally think he has to go but also not sure that will solve the issues so do have a bit of sympathy for him. What's other peoples thoughts
    A little bit. He's clearly out of his depth but I do think that he is just at the blunt end of a much bigger issue 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    As a side note

In most jobs, when you get sacked, you don't get a handsome pay off so that lessens any sympathy in my eyes. I loved his positive attitude and focus on well-being - seems like a lovely bloke but it just isn't working. I don't think anyone wishes him ill or would be happy to see him do badly in the future unlike other ex-managers.

Shame it hasn't worked out but I imagine he'll find the positives.
  • Options
    Nige hanging on while his team constantly throw it away. 

Funny, really. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    AndyG said:
    As a side note

A little bit. He's clearly out of his depth but I do think that he is just at the blunt end of a much bigger issue 
    Kenneth Williams Ooh Matron GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I like to think Adkins has gone, but Olly just really doesn't like ButtleJR
    I mean, who does?

Not the club, because @ButtleJR honestly tells us what he's heard.
    And not us, because he told us 6pm, or maybe 5 ...... and well, because of that, we've all been on CL all afternoon.

There's only one thing for it: Let's shoot the messenger!  :smile:

Either that or he could be a plant for CharltonLife

The revenue they must get from ads on this site when there is a thread like this,

Must pay for the Strippers for the Christmas Party @ CL Towers
    Is this true @ads ?
    Yes it's all true, I provide the revenue for the strippers
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    It's a bit like the old 80s soap, Dallas.

"Who shot Buttle JR ....... ?"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    AndyG said:
    As a side note

With Jackson, Euell either or / both in charge I predict a dead cat bounce before we recommence the turgid awful stuff we've grown used to this season. Loved to be proved wrong. 

I do feel sorry for Adkins. I think he was stitched up a bit close season, I mean there is no way CBT was on his 'shopping list' The coaching staff are equally culpable for the shit we've had to endure. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Where's @flyingkiwiDK @VFR4life @DubaiCAFC with their inside tracks too?!
    @Redhenry right now

Red Henry needs no mention. He knows he lives rent free on the ITK4LYFE list.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    As a side note

Plenty written already. Although you'll have to read the whole thread, only 107 pages.

We've had to. :wink:

• Options
    Apparently the next 30 minutes might be crucial...or not.. :(
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    As a side note

One of my questions would be who decided we should sign a load of wingers and no central midfielders until Arter signed on deadline day.

If Adkins wanted most of the players he got then I have no sympathy.
    If he didn't want most of them, but said "yes" on the basis it was them or nothing, then I have some sympathy.

Either way and taking into account some poor signings and very late signings we should still be at least half way up the table.

I'm still confident our team/squad is better than many of the teams we've lost to - AFC Wimbledon (at home in the League Cup), Cheltenham, Lincoln, Accrington.
  • Options
    Thomas obviously did not have a plan B for Adkins being so dire (unlike with Bowyer whom he probably didn’t like very much) Adkins is more a business management corporate sort of bloke who he probably likes very much. He says all the right things (key performance indicators et cetera that kind of thing) which is probably right up Thomas’s Street. As Atkins doesn’t really show his true feelings about events and always wants to be positive it probably is hard for Thomas to see the wood for the trees. For the club it’s as clear as day that this isn’t working but for the custodian  it simply isn’t. I wonder if he is taking any advice from the back room staff and has he spoken to Johnny Jackson for example who would surely be upset Charlton are in such a position
  • Options
    I said a few weeks ago that it doesn't look like we do any research on our opponents (they clearly do on us though!)

Pearce should have started against Acc.
    Wash should have come on sooner
  • Options
    Maybe not playoffs, but I think any competent manager gets this team in the top half (comfortably)... not sure he deserves much sympathy 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm getting bored of this. Time to go and make some dinner.

• Options
    I said a few weeks ago that it doesn't look like we do any research on our opponents (they clearly do on us though!)

Pearce should have started against Acc.
    Wash should have come on sooner
    Pretty sure he sets a formation and it's a lucky dip who plays each game
  • Options
    Critic Vivian Mercier described Beckett’s theatrical masterpiece Waiting for Godot as a play where ‘nothing happens…twice’.
    Charlton are a cheap farce where nothing that should happen, happens after every game.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Is it really that hard?

Could be his future biography............ It's make your mind up, Tommy!

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    It’s absolutely right that he’s let go. 

But some of the stuff being put out on social media is out of order.
    He’s a decent human being, just not a very good football manager.
    People have such a blood lust. 
    What’s being put on social media?
  • Options
    I don't need to check social media to well imagine the orgy of graphic abuse being hurled at Adkins right now 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!