Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans’ Forum - Thursday 16th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    He couldn't even be bothered to be present.

Chief Operating Officer, yet he obviously has no interest in the operations of the Club, it's fans or where he and his team may improve their output.

Fecking disgraceful.
    I think it's more telling that despite lots of other staff being present Keohane, supposedly "Director of Operations" wasn't invited to a meeting to discuss largely operational issues.

Tick, tock Tony.
    Don’t like the idea that he wasn’t invited, if he does get the push, could it be used as constructive dismissal?
    Don’t give him ideas.
  • Options
    Why invest in Wifi? The ground is soaked in 5G coverage, and even at halftime against Cheltenham, I was getting 300Mbps on my phone, which no wifi system will ever provide. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Why invest in Wifi? The ground is soaked in 5G coverage, and even at halftime against Cheltenham, I was getting 300Mbps on my phone, which no wifi system will ever provide. 
    WiFi is the last thing we need to worry about ! Weird how smokers get grief, yet people complain that they can't log into Instagram at half time.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Rothko said:
    WiFi is the last thing we need to worry about ! Weird how smokers get grief, yet people complain that they can't log into Instagram at half time.
    I just don't see the point in a stadium where there is 5G coverage on all the major networks, and as you said, if you were looking at the infrastructure of the Valley, this would be towards the bottom of the priority list
  • Options
    He said he had to wait 20 minutes for chips and that the staff didn’t know what a lager shandy was

:D jesus christ!, someone actually took the time to complain about that 
  • Options
    He said he had to wait 20 minutes for chips and that the staff didn’t know what a lager shandy was

Both fair complaints for the FF.
  • Options
    Having read the notes from the FF twice, I am still none the wiser re how recruitment is working and who is responsible for what. Still sounds like Roddy has the biggest role and 'analytics' are playing a larger role (than they probably should in League One). General fudge again about four people being involved. Interesting to hear TS say we should "stick together and let's see where we are after 12 games." Guessing he wasn't expecting two straight following defeats to Cheltenham and Wycombe. 

Word of thanks to Christine Lawrie who appeared to ask the biggest questions in a forthright manner.
    Have you registered for the CAST webinar tomorrow evening where you can put your question about how recruitment works direct to Ged Roddy and Steve Gallen ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    What fascinates me, with all the complaints about the standards of the catering the club has someone highly qualified in that field who can get hands on and sort these issues out. Personally I think TS is missing a trick here but what do I know. 
    Sue?
  • Options
    Pico said:
    Having read the notes from the FF twice, I am still none the wiser re how recruitment is working and who is responsible for what. Still sounds like Roddy has the biggest role and 'analytics' are playing a larger role (than they probably should in League One). General fudge again about four people being involved. Interesting to hear TS say we should "stick together and let's see where we are after 12 games." Guessing he wasn't expecting two straight following defeats to Cheltenham and Wycombe. 

Word of thanks to Christine Lawrie who appeared to ask the biggest questions in a forthright manner.
    Have you registered for the CAST webinar tomorrow evening where you can put your question about how recruitment works direct to Ged Roddy and Steve Gallen ?
    Here's the link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/qa-with-steve-gallen-ged-roddy-tickets-169602631035
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Some of the questions raised may seem trivial and I suppose they are when you consider what's happening on the pitch but if the quality of produce on the concourse is poor, or people are waiting long periods of time for simple food then this puts people off spending money in the ground which impacts revenue.

If the Bovril is of high quality, more people will buy it. 

If chips are served quick and hot, more people will buy them.

If catering staff are trained properly and learn what a lager shandy is, they will serve people quicker meaning shorter queues and people more likely to go and buy something to eat and drink.

There have been whole threads on this forum about the quality and choice of beer on the concourse, why's that any different to someone who doesn't drink alcohol wanting a better quality Bovril?

They aren't necessarily "complaints" but more feedback on where the club can improve. 
    After every Test match, and indeed when I've watched Kent at Canterbury, you get a survey asking about your matchday experience, so they can hopefully improve it. They're not after your opinions on England's batting or whether Root should have bowled the spinners after tea instead of Jimmy and Robinson, but about catering, toilets, PA etc

Getting catering right isn't easy. The customers want better products at lower prices, with more staff working so they get served quickly. In reality, the overheads of a once a week/fortnight venue are high, the staff aren't going to be motivated like someone who works every day at a pub or restaurant, and there's limited space for counters and equipment.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Pico said:

We will never know in detail how it works when there are so many people involved (despite having already been told).
    You would need answers as to whose idea it was to buy specific players and that isn't going to happen for all of them.
    I mean who decided on Clare & Dobson and what was the logic?
    Who decided we needed a collection of wingers, but no decent fit central midfielders?
  • Options
    Pico said:

I haven't because I can't make it. Seems the elephant in the room question at the moment. Rich Cawley's explanation wasn't reassuring in that Roddy appears first in the process and Adkins last. You look at the Cheltenham game where Kirk and DJ barely touched the ball and wonder who they are playing for?
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Some of the questions raised may seem trivial and I suppose they are when you consider what's happening on the pitch but if the quality of produce on the concourse is poor, or people are waiting long periods of time for simple food then this puts people off spending money in the ground which impacts revenue.

If catering staff are trained properly and learn what a lager shandy is, they will serve people quicker meaning shorter queues and people more likely to go and buy something to eat and drink.

There have been whole threads on this forum about the quality and choice of beer on the concourse, why's that any different to someone who doesn't drink alcohol wanting a better quality Bovril?

They aren't necessarily "complaints" but more feedback on where the club can improve. 
    After every Test match, and indeed when I've watched Kent at Canterbury, you get a survey asking about your matchday experience, so they can hopefully improve it. They're not after your opinions on England's batting or whether Root should have bowled the spinners after tea instead of Jimmy and Robinson, but about catering, toilets, PA etc

Getting catering right isn't easy. The customers want better products at lower prices, with more staff working so they get served quickly. In reality, the overheads of a once a week/fortnight venue are high, the staff aren't going to be motivated like someone who works every day at a pub or restaurant, and there's limited space for counters and equipment.
    personally I don't think you can compare football / cricket on this....people often spend all day at cricket and would naturally expect more choice etc.

at football, a burger/pie (done properly) should be all that's necessary
  • Options
    Belv said:

personally I don't think you can compare football / cricket on this....people often spend all day at cricket and would naturally expect more choice etc.

at football, a burger/pie (done properly) should be all that's necessary
    Decent pie and burger is literally all that's needed.

Also, if crossbars etc open at 12... how about having food ready at 12 and not 12.30 ?
  • Options
    4Real said:
    Someone who was invited to this meeting seriously moaned about the quality of the Bovril. Of all the things to discuss, that must totally take the piss.
    Its a very specific issue granted but builds to the wider conversation on quality of catering/experience I guess.

However, I equally see little merit in discussing the recruitment approach - they aren't going to share confidential details on the financial elements which will ultimately make/break deals independent of the research to identify targets. Also it seems the explanation was as per that shared before anyway and hardly of any surprise/ great distinction from elsewhere. They aren't deliberately recruiting in a poor way. That may be the result but its not by design!

Id see this forum as far more inclined to the mundane operational (but important in the right context) type stuff and not really the football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4Real said:
    Someone who was invited to this meeting seriously moaned about the quality of the Bovril. Of all the things to discuss, that must totally take the piss.
    Its a very specific issue granted but builds to the wider conversation on quality of catering/experience I guess.

However, I equally see little merit in discussing the recruitment approach - they aren't going to share confidential details on the financial elements which will ultimately make/break deals independent of the research to identify targets. Also it seems the explanation was as per that shared before anyway and hardly of any surprise/ great distinction from elsewhere. They aren't deliberately recruiting in a poor way. That may be the result but its not by design!

Id see this forum as far more inclined to the mundane operational (but important in the right context) type stuff and not really the football.
    It got completely misinterpreted due to it being the only form of communication from LVD, or what ever his name was, regarding the take over.

Yes it should be the forum to discuss bovril, pies and shandy.   Unfortunately 90% of people, rightfully, think its small fry compared to everything else.  That's not the fault of the people who give up their time to attend. I can, however, see why it is now what it is. 
  • Options
    Not a criticism of anything or anyone, just an observation - Surprised more hasn't been made out of fans not knowing what the specific responsibilities are of GR, SG and NA. Maybe it's only now that resuts haven't been the best, people are looking a bit deeper?
  • Options

As irrelevant or minor as they may seem, issues like that are literally the point of the fans forum. Plus if TS is big on filling the stadium and improving the match day experience, things like that need to be ironed out.

• Options
    the only thing that can really fill the stadium is the team on the pitch.....
  • Options
    the team on the pitch will fill the Stadium end of :)
  • Options
    Rubbish!

We could have a pop concert.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Rubbish!

We could have a pop concert.
    Who?

🤔🤔🤔😉
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    The fans forum is surely to cover much of the mundane, every day niggles of fans to ensure the club is performing at full pelt off the pitch.  Of course most fans only care about results/performances but there is no harm in a forum which deals with a wider remit.  Fans simply put too much store in it because with precious owners it was the only form of comms we got which is not the case now.

There is literally nothing to moan about in the minutes, seems a broad,.diverse range of subjects were covered and discussed.

I have faith that TS will take this on board and make the appropriate changes that budgets allow.