Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans’ Forum - Thursday 16th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    And the minutes?
  • Options
    razil said:
    Happy that the match day service will be improved. Without being dramatic, at the moment the food on offer is the worst I've ever experienced at any kind of entertainment venue.
  • Options
    razil said:
    Some positive comments for sure, and an absolute world away from having Roland as owner!
  • Options
    Did he get the guitar out…? 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Lauren Kreamer got to be in with a big shout next time around.
    Exercise your influence somehow.
  • Options
    Good to hear it was productive and that TS turned up in person.  For all the criticism he gets at times all I see is an owner who is really trying to communicate and take advice.  Sure some bad decisions have been made and sure his money is finite but he seems an amazingly decent owner so far to me.
    agreed
  • Options
    I think one of Addick Addict and AddicksAddict should get the Fan of the Year award just to confuse everyone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Stig said:
    Lauren Kreamer got to be in with a big shout next time around.
    Exercise your influence somehow.
    I think I used all the influence I have at 10am this morning  ;)
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I think one of Addick Addict and AddicksAddict should get the Fan of the Year award just to confuse everyone
    Can you check if that's OK with Seth first please?
    In this thread I have not commented in any way as to who should get the award, I have been curious about how it happens, and indeed my curiosity has helped clear things up.
    No need to check anything with me, I am not one of the three.
  • Options
    razil said:
    (Quick reaction not the minutes)

Best FF I’ve been to, potentially my last though as City Addicks may fold shortly.

TS being there with his key directors is a huge big deal, because he can hear feedback and steer his team and that is what he did.

I was impressed with him and the buy in he seems to have into engagement and development of the support.

A lot of ground covered due to the 2 year gap (I’m told) and a lot going on with the squad stuff so long meeting.

No sandwiches in sight not even a biscuit.. ;)

Edit: I directed Lucy to this CL thread prior to the meeting, so at least some of the issues raised here would have been noted
    Who else was there apart from TS?

Pretty surprised that the clubs Fan Liaison Officer doesn't come on the clubs biggest fans forum. Even if she doesn't post anything you'd expect she'd at least want to have a browse just to see what's going on and what fans are saying about certain things.

How do we know that she doesn't come on and have a browse? I suspect that it's highly likely that she does, given her role. And if she does, I don't blame her at all for not advertising the fact in order to avoid getting dragged into things or having her every word - or personal view as a supporter - picked over as if it's an official club statement.

From what I've seen from Lifers posts and elsewhere, she's doing a pretty good job too. IIRC, she's got the Fans Forum up and running again (successfully, based on @Razil's view); she's written columns for the website; she's written a column for the programme; she's met I think most - if not all - the fan groups; she's done an interview with TS where she put forward genuine questions from fans that maybe some people wouldn't have asked; she tweets and gets involved in discussions with fans. Other Lifers have referred to her replying to their emails and queries promptly, and I've seen her in the Fans Bar before and after games this season talking to supporters. Bearing in mind that it's an unpaid role and again, IIRC, she has a full-time job, whether she posts on here to my mind is neither here nor there given how much she is already communicating/relatively accessible.

As far as I'm concerned the Fan Adviser (agree Fan Liaison would be a better title) has been a good appointment by the club and she and they deserve credit for the way they're going about it. Not everything is perfect about it and never could be (we're a tough crowd to please!), but IMHO I think it's a bit unfair to have a little dig - especially given that we don't know whether she is on here or not.     

Have sent an email three weeks ago to her, still no reply.  Very disappointing.
  • Options
    razil said:

Best FF I’ve been to, potentially my last though as City Addicks may fold shortly.

TS being there with his key directors is a huge big deal, because he can hear feedback and steer his team and that is what he did.

I was impressed with him and the buy in he seems to have into engagement and development of the support.

A lot of ground covered due to the 2 year gap (I’m told) and a lot going on with the squad stuff so long meeting.

Edit: I directed Lucy to this CL thread prior to the meeting, so at least some of the issues raised here would have been noted

Pretty surprised that the clubs Fan Liaison Officer doesn't come on the clubs biggest fans forum. Even if she doesn't post anything you'd expect she'd at least want to have a browse just to see what's going on and what fans are saying about certain things.

How do we know that she doesn't come on and have a browse? I suspect that it's highly likely that she does, given her role. And if she does, I don't blame her at all for not advertising the fact in order to avoid getting dragged into things or having her every word - or personal view as a supporter - picked over as if it's an official club statement.

From what I've seen from Lifers posts and elsewhere, she's doing a pretty good job too. IIRC, she's got the Fans Forum up and running again (successfully, based on @Razil's view); she's written columns for the website; she's written a column for the programme; she's met I think most - if not all - the fan groups; she's done an interview with TS where she put forward genuine questions from fans that maybe some people wouldn't have asked; she tweets and gets involved in discussions with fans. Other Lifers have referred to her replying to their emails and queries promptly, and I've seen her in the Fans Bar before and after games this season talking to supporters. Bearing in mind that it's an unpaid role and again, IIRC, she has a full-time job, whether she posts on here to my mind is neither here nor there given how much she is already communicating/relatively accessible.

As far as I'm concerned the Fan Adviser (agree Fan Liaison would be a better title) has been a good appointment by the club and she and they deserve credit for the way they're going about it. Not everything is perfect about it and never could be (we're a tough crowd to please!), but IMHO I think it's a bit unfair to have a little dig - especially given that we don't know whether she is on here or not.     

Did you offer to discuss your issue over dinner at your expense mate 😉
  • Options
    razil said:

If true that is shocking, even a holding email back to you by way of an acknowledgement would have been good.
  • Options
    razil said:

You're not the only one to have no response. Twitter doesn't appear to get a response either and that was to do with the ST 'bonus' issue as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t really think you can complain about not receiving a response from a volunteer. I’m not a fan of the role but I doubt it’s reasonable to have expectations of the person doing it for nothing within a professional organisation.
    Except that, presumably, she wanted the position. A bit of interaction with fans is surely exactly what the position is about?
  • Options
    I don’t really think you can complain about not receiving a response from a volunteer. I’m not a fan of the role but I doubt it’s reasonable to have expectations of the person doing it for nothing within a professional organisation.
    But she volunteered for a role of fans adviser/liaison.

Perhaps some of us have been very lucky with previous Charlton fans in similar roles who seemed capable of responding quickly to even the seemingly irrelevant queries through various platforms.

Whatever happened to them? 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Except that, presumably, she wanted the position. A bit of interaction with fans is surely exactly what the position is about?
    So, why do we also have a Supporter Liaison Officer employed by the club ? 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Because EFL rules say we must.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Yes, but you can’t set performance standards for a volunteer or call them out when they don’t meet them.
    I disagree with this statement. 
    There are many roles covered by volunteers where working to established procedures and standards is essential. Train crew on heritage railways, charities providing support to vulnerable people and medical services  (ie. St John's Ambulance) to name three.
    The fan liason role requires minimum performance standards like any other customer facing role, if it is to be taken seriously.
    I think it is important for the club that the fan advisor role is seen to work by the fans, noting previously owners' relationships with the masses.
    Her workload needs to be monitored by the club, with additional support (paid or voluntary) provided if the time requirement rises above what was initially envisaged or unreasonable for a one volunteer to perform. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Yes, but you can’t set performance standards for a volunteer or call them out when they don’t meet them.
    I disagree with this statement. 
    There are many roles covered by volunteers where working to established procedures and standards is essential. Train crew on heritage railways, charities providing support to vulnerable people and medical services  (ie. St John's Ambulance) to name three.
    The fan liason role requires minimum performance standards like any other customer facing role, if it is to be taken seriously.
    I think it is important for the club that the fan advisor role is seen to work by the fans, noting previously owners' relationships with the masses.
    Her workload needs to be monitored by the club, with additional support (paid or voluntary) provided if the time requirement rises above what was initially envisaged or unreasonable for a one volunteer to perform. 
    With respect the roles you describe are all about public safety and are no way comparable to feedback on the matchday experience at a football club. Even then the onus is on the organisation to have provision in place, not on individual volunteers.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Of course you can, if someone isn’t happy with that, they don’t need to apply.

If you don’t think you’re up to the job, or don’t have the time, best not apply. 

I have no idea if either of things things apply to the current person in position though, but no one is beyond criticism. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Because EFL rules say we must.
    Probably a 30 point deduction if you don’t have one.