Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans’ Forum - Thursday 16th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Why do we need 2 pitch announcers for home matches? 
    Yeah agree, seems really weird we are paying two people to do effectively the same job. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Yeah agree, seems really weird we are paying two people to do effectively the same job. 
    I’m not sure there is much paying involved. Is the female a Greenwich Uni student?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    I’m not sure there is much paying involved. Is the female a Greenwich Uni student?
    She is probably the station announcer at Woolwich Dockyard.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Well possibly but she looked older than the typical uni student when I have seen her
  • Options
    She's not a student. I would think she's being paid.
  • Options
    I thought she did a good job, I was just surprised the PA was as shit in the West, I assumed it must be better there….
  • Options
    Bloody hell.
    A shelf falling down when you put a drink on it. 
    Is there nothing this club can get right?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would imagine it doesn't matter who the announcers are if you can't hear them properly.
  • Options
    Any plans (if so then when) will we employ a COO?
    Thought we had a COO? (Keohane?)
    Assume you meant CEO?
    The question about employing a CEO should definitely be asked, as should the question about who is currently responsible for day to day running of the club when TS is in Colorado.

Then questions about things that affect club revenue like catering, like Valley Express.

What was the thought process behind a voucher that gives ST holders 20% off ONE beer at a game that the club and not the ST holder choose?

Why are we 2 months into the season and still you can't buy the current away kit on the website?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Serious question if someone will forward it....ask the people who film the match to stop playing four replays of action whilst the game is in progress...also the close up shots of the managers and dug outs again, whilst the game is in play. Its really pathetic filming/direction to be honest.
    Sounds like the are going the way of the audio commentators who lose focus regarding the purpose of their jobs which is to enable absentees to see or know what’s going on.
    I am not against the audio commentators wanting to become celebrities or characters on the mic, or for the visual people wanting to zhuz up their ‘art’, but too often it happens when actual play is going on and events happening.
    First and foremost the coverage is supposed to be an informative service. If the powers that be want to add colour or what they regard as ‘entertainment’ or what the listener/viewer ‘really’ wants then fine….but do it during breaks in play, and for listeners clearly explain there is a break in play.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    TEL said:
    Serious question if someone will forward it....ask the people who film the match to stop playing four replays of action whilst the game is in progress...also the close up shots of the managers and dug outs again, whilst the game is in play. Its really pathetic filming/direction to be honest.
    Sounds like the are going the way of the audio commentators who lose focus regarding the purpose of their jobs which is to enable absentees to see or know what’s going on.
    I am not against the audio commentators wanting to become celebrities or characters on the mic, or for the visual people wanting to zhuz up their ‘art’, but too often it happens when actual play is going on and events happening.
    First and foremost the coverage is supposed to be an informative service. If the powers that be want to add colour or what they regard as ‘entertainment’ or what the listener/viewer ‘really’ wants then fine….but do it during breaks in play, and for listeners clearly explain there is a break in play.

Bit difficult to criticise the TV element too much when I assume we have relatively few genuinely overseas watchers and home games not at 3pm /not on Sky haven't been that high in number yet this season for many to form a legitimate opinion!

Audio is a different thing but as explained by others its a shared commentary with the 'TV' offering and people doing it who don't claim to be skilled commentators; and hence harsh to call them out in my opinion.

My question would be can they / will they publish the numbers of Charlton TV subscriptions /purchases per game out of general interest.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    TEL said:

Bit difficult to criticise the TV element too much when I assume we have relatively few genuinely overseas watchers and home games not at 3pm /not on Sky haven't been that high in number yet this season for many to form a legitimate opinion!

Audio is a different thing but as explained by others its a shared commentary with the 'TV' offering and people doing it who don't claim to be skilled commentators; and hence harsh to call them out in my opinion.

My question would be can they / will they publish the numbers of Charlton TV subscriptions /purchases per game out of general interest.
    I am asking for the customer be considered in terms of knowing what is going on. If that unreasonable then we think differently.
    Neither the audio nor the TV comes for free, so I would suggest those who work on the coverage get paid from our subscriptions and purchases. All of them.
  • Options
    More than a few issues have been flagged up on this thread & hopefully, all will be on the agenda for the meeting.

As a former member of the FF, representing the sadly defunct NWKA, I hope that one of those present on the 16th will be responsible for putting said agenda together and for taking minutes which will be cascaded to the rest of us within a couple of days. This, for me, is the only way for the majority of supporters to ascertain whether members are fulfilling their roles in ensuring that pressing issues are discussed. 

The timescale, IMO, is important , as is the necessity to share all the discussions on the night, including of course, action points , so that we may participate in constructive feedback if appropriate. 

When KM was seated at the head of the table, the minutes/notes taken had to be rubber stamped by her before they were made public, resulting in a long delay of said process. And, I am led to believe that certain subject matter was vetoed more than once.

I have no idea how many members of the Forum will be present on Thursday evening & whether there will be any inclusion of overseas personnel via Zoom. 

Having been present & spent hours in the various reincarnations of the original FF, my final comment as the meetings are once again scheduled, is that members represent the concerns of the Addicks that they are personally representing. With seemingly few Supporters' Groups holding regular meetings in their home area ( including pre covid ) the FF is the main conduit between the fans & their club. 

And, although I assume that Lucy Bishop will be present to raise issues on behalf of those of us unrepresented at the meetings, clear reporting via the OS is of paramount importance. 

( This is NOT a criticism of the FF but my thoughts on its processes going forward with a new start ) 
    I believe Lucy is chairing the meeting so assume it will be her that is arranging minutes etc. And don't forget she works for the club (all be it unpaid!)
  • Options
    Thought we had a COO? (Keohane?)
    Assume you meant CEO?
    Yeah cheers Rick, I’ve got the bird @ the moment.
    So your original question is valid.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    More than a few issues have been flagged up on this thread & hopefully, all will be on the agenda for the meeting.

As a former member of the FF, representing the sadly defunct NWKA, I hope that one of those present on the 16th will be responsible for putting said agenda together and for taking minutes which will be cascaded to the rest of us within a couple of days. This, for me, is the only way for the majority of supporters to ascertain whether members are fulfilling their roles in ensuring that pressing issues are discussed. 

The timescale, IMO, is important , as is the necessity to share all the discussions on the night, including of course, action points , so that we may participate in constructive feedback if appropriate. 

When KM was seated at the head of the table, the minutes/notes taken had to be rubber stamped by her before they were made public, resulting in a long delay of said process. And, I am led to believe that certain subject matter was vetoed more than once.

I have no idea how many members of the Forum will be present on Thursday evening & whether there will be any inclusion of overseas personnel via Zoom. 

Having been present & spent hours in the various reincarnations of the original FF, my final comment as the meetings are once again scheduled, is that members represent the concerns of the Addicks that they are personally representing. With seemingly few Supporters' Groups holding regular meetings in their home area ( including pre covid ) the FF is the main conduit between the fans & their club. 

And, although I assume that Lucy Bishop will be present to raise issues on behalf of those of us unrepresented at the meetings, clear reporting via the OS is of paramount importance. 

( This is NOT a criticism of the FF but my thoughts on its processes going forward with a new start ) 
    Can’t see why it can’t be recorded and be released within 24 hours.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    TEL said:

I am asking for the customer be considered in terms of knowing what is going on. If that unreasonable then we think differently.
    Neither the audio nor the TV comes for free, so I would suggest those who work on the coverage get paid from our subscriptions and purchases. All of them.
    My additional point you didn’t pick up on or choose to acknowledge is that for TV it’s difficult to give such feedback when most should not legitimately have seen it on many occasions so far this season!

To your point I don’t think the customer is being ignored or not considered. I’m just more willing to accept it can’t be to the quality we might all like and will most likely gradually improve with time. Feedback of course helps that. I just don’t see it as a big issue  personally and just bracket it as feedback for consideration. 
  • Options
    The coverage problem last season when we weren’t allowed to go to games seems to still be there .
    The replays during game action was infuriating 
  • Options
    The coverage problem last season when we weren’t allowed to go to games seems to still be there .
    It’s still not good now, for example the camera will be focussed on Adkins or showing a replays for too long while we’re on the attack.
  • Options
    Why does one commentator always take over from the other halfway through 2nd half? 
  • Options

My additional point you didn’t pick up on or choose to acknowledge is that for TV it’s difficult to give such feedback when most should not legitimately have seen it on many occasions so far this season.
    This could be worked round by all those based in this country using the VPN 'illegally' adopting a foreign cousin alias (thinking foreign Top Gear Stigs here) and providing comments on CL written in pidgin English.
    No one would ever know...
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    It’s still not good now, for example the camera will be focussed on Adkins or showing a replays for too long while we’re on the attack.
    Yeah, but….
  • Options
    Still no minutes. Why is the Comms team keeping us in the dark? 😭

Bumped into Thomas at the Valley this afternoon. He's going to be at the meeting and was looking well.

Said he'd been at the training ground today.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Still no minutes. Why is the Comms team keeping us in the dark? 😭

Bumped into Thomas at the Valley this afternoon. He's going to be at the meeting and was looking well.

Said he'd been at the training ground today.
    As the Bromley representative did you ask Thomas about the free away train travel for me?