Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans’ Forum - Thursday 16th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    🎶Lucy’s in disguise with Lifers🎶 😉
    Lucy in the sky with diamonds .... ?
  • Options
    right - who do we reckon Lucy is that posts on here? a recent joiner or long termer ? 
  • Options
    Another interesting point..

the concept of denying offers on gold games was totally thrown out  without prompting - those games instead seen as an advert for the ‘ product’ I guess. Completely different way of thinking (thumbs up)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    right - who do we reckon Lucy is that posts on here? a recent joiner or long termer ? 
    I really hope that Lucy is actually one of the really moany posters here  :hushed:

We have some of those ??? I never noticed lol

• Options
    I have just read the various comments concerning the Supporter of the Year award. Let me explain for those who are looking for some sort of conspiracy theory. Since about 2010 I have organised the annual Player of the Year Dinner on behalf of the Fans Forum and in the company of two other ladies, at least one of whom is well known to Charlton Life regulars. Early on I had the idea that it would be fun to make an award to a supporter of the year as a way of acknowledging those who go that extra mile on behalf of the club that we all love. The award is given out at the Dinner although Covid has prevented that in the last two years. Previous winners, from memory, have included Jean Tindall & Betty Hutchings, Colin Cameron, Seb Lewis, Bernard Wickham, the German Addicks, Rick Everitt and the Boardroom Four. Hardly controversial choices I would have thought and as far as I am aware all the recipients have been delighted to receive their awards. It is not a vote and they are selected by the Dinner organisers. Yes, we arrange the event on behalf of the Fans Forum, but they are purely our choices. I hope that this clarifies the situation for you and should you have any  suggestions for next year, please let me know as hopefully Covid will allow us to make the presentation in person at the Dinner once again.
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    The award is decided by three people.
  • Options
    well thats cleared that up then - don't know what all the secrecy was about - there were quite a  few who went above and beyond in the last couple of years but if its just the choice of 3 people, fair enough
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I have just read the various comments concerning the Supporter of the Year award. Let me explain for those who are looking for some sort of conspiracy theory. Since about 2010 I have organised the annual Player of the Year Dinner on behalf of the Fans Forum and in the company of two other ladies, at least one of whom is well known to Charlton Life regulars. Early on I had the idea that it would be fun to make an award to a supporter of the year as a way of acknowledging those who go that extra mile on behalf of the club that we all love. The award is given out at the Dinner although Covid has prevented that in the last two years. Previous winners, from memory, have included Jean Tindall & Betty Hutchings, Colin Cameron, Seb Lewis, Bernard Wickham, the German Addicks, Rick Everitt and the Boardroom Four. Hardly controversial choices I would have thought and as far as I am aware all the recipients have been delighted to receive their awards. It is not a vote and they are selected by the Dinner organisers. Yes, we arrange the event on behalf of the Fans Forum, but they are purely our choices. I hope that this clarifies the situation for you and should you have any  suggestions for next year, please let me know as hopefully Covid will allow us to make the presentation in person at the Dinner once again.
    ...as are the hours of work organising the annual event, Seth, in case there was any doubt . 
    Have I said anything at all about the dinner on this thread?
    The mystery that has been cleared up (and I refer you to @razils link) is that it seemed to be the case that the fans forum decide the fan of the year.
    However the question I asked is, if the fans forum does not meet (due to covid) how do they do that?
    There was some discussion as to whether people in the fans forum have a ring round about it when requested by the club who initiate the award.
    Then it turns out that isn't the case, the award is nothing to do with the fans forum, and also nothing to do with the club beyond publicising the decision.
    Then it turns out that the decision is down to a group of three people, which clears up some confusion that it has anything to do with the fans forum formally using any particular process.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    My vote goes to Seth next year.
    Wow, are you one of the three?
  • Options
    You know there’s a fan of the year thread - nominations there perhaps?

#justsayin
  • Options
    Update imminent, full minutes next week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    F@ck me we can argue about anything on here.
    Seriously people need to explain the reasoning for supporter of the year?
  • Options
    Je suis Lucy
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I think people were just particularly interested this year as to how the decision is arrived at - I don’t think anybody was bothered before 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    ...as are the hours of work organising the annual event, Seth, in case there was any doubt . 
    The mystery that has been cleared up (and I refer you to @razils link) is that it seemed to be the case that the fans forum decide the fan of the year.
    However the question I asked is, if the fans forum does not meet (due to covid) how do they do that?
    There was some discussion as to whether people in the fans forum have a ring round about it when requested by the club who initiate the award.
    Then it turns out that isn't the case, the award is nothing to do with the fans forum, and also nothing to do with the club beyond publicising the decision.
    Then it turns out that the decision is down to a group of three people, which clears up some confusion that it has anything to do with the fans forum formally using any particular process.

So, what you're saying is you got the wrong end of the stick re the fans forum deciding on the supporter of the year.

Why this actually matters is anyone's guess!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

So, what you're saying is you got the wrong end of the stick re the fans forum deciding on the supporter of the year.

Why this actually matters is anyone's guess!
    You're right I got the wrong end of the stick regarding the fans forum deciding on supporter of the year.

• Options
    Well done to TS for getting this update out so quickly 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    What’s it got to do with you?