Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans’ Forum - Thursday 16th September 2021

Comments

• Still no minutes. Why is the Comms team keeping us in the dark? 😭

Bumped into Thomas at the Valley this afternoon. He's going to be at the meeting and was looking well.

Said he'd been at the training ground today.
    What time does the FF meeting kick off?

Bumped into Thomas at the Valley this afternoon. He's going to be at the meeting and was looking well.

Is he in the squad for Saturday?
    No, but I'm on the bench.
  • clb74 said:
    Still no minutes. Why is the Comms team keeping us in the dark? 😭

As the Bromley representative did you ask Thomas about the free away train travel for me?

I'm not the Bromley rep but because it's you I asked anyway.

Thomas said "is your friend taking the piss?"

I think that means he's thinking about it.
  • clb74 said:
    Still no minutes. Why is the Comms team keeping us in the dark? 😭

As the Bromley representative did you ask Thomas about the free away train travel for me?

I'm not the Bromley rep but because it's you I asked anyway.

Thomas said "is your friend taking the piss?"

I think that means he's thinking about it.
    Thanks for asking.
  • edited September 2021
    2 year gap?
    Have there been virtual fans forums meetings during that two year gap that have had to happen that way due to covid?
  • No virtual meetings of the FF I think. We’ve had the odd consultation on a specific issue I think although that was a broader group, and there was a meet and greet with the crooks, but that was an extended group too and not operational.
  • Do you mean that the club reached out and attempted to consult on something of concern to them, and there followed a kind of ring round process in order to respond to what the club had initiated?
  • I recall it was about the first return to games in a reduced valley, over zoom

Is he in the squad for Saturday?
    He was the one that injured Schwartz so that he could take his place........
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:
    (Quick reaction not the minutes)

Best FF I’ve been to, potentially my last though as City Addicks may fold shortly.

TS being there with his key directors is a huge big deal, because he can hear feedback and steer his team and that is what he did.

I was impressed with him and the buy in he seems to have into engagement and development of the support.

A lot of ground covered due to the 2 year gap (I’m told) and a lot going on with the squad stuff so long meeting.

No sandwiches in sight not even a biscuit.. ;)

Edit: I directed Lucy to this CL thread prior to the meeting, so at least some of the issues raised here would have been noted
    Actually Razil, there were biscuits.
  • Guess razil is not in the clique then
  • razil said:
    I recall it was about the first return to games in a reduced valley, over zoom
    Were you contacted by the club as an individual regarding fan(s) of the year because of no meetings happening due to COVID?
  • seth plum said:
    razil said:
    Were you contacted by the club as an individual regarding fan(s) of the year because of no meetings happening due to COVID?
    No, and I think I’ve mentioned this on here a while back and it’s been covered.

re biscuits I must pay more attention in future, plus I’ve always been in a clique of (n)one
  • razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:

re biscuits I must pay more attention in future, plus I’ve always been in a clique of (n)one
    Has it been covered?
    I thought the Fans Forum chose the fans of the year, and it is a bit of a mystery as to how that happened in the absence of meetings.
    I have enquired as to whether it happened via virtual meetings, or a ring round of the representatives who would normally attend, or maybe that decision was made by an individual at the club or elsewhere acting unilaterally.
  • Yes might be on a previous thread re the FF
  • seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:

Has it been covered?
    I thought the Fans Forum chose the fans of the year, and it is a bit of a mystery as to how that happened in the absence of meetings.
    I have enquired as to whether it happened via virtual meetings, or a ring round of the representatives who would normally attend, or maybe that decision was made by an individual at the club or elsewhere acting unilaterally.
    Here you go

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4321756#Comment_4321756
  • razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:

Has it been covered?
    Here you go

Thanks for that. The fans forum did not choose the fans of the year even though the official site said it did. Mr Wallis says ‘the feeling among those involved’ led to the decision.
    Maybe ‘those involved’ was a very small number of people, perhaps one or two, but not the fans forum as such.
    Did ‘those involved’ consider Lauren Kreamer I wonder.
  • seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:

Has it been covered?
    Here you go

Thanks for that. The fans forum did not choose the fans of the year even though the official site said it did. Mr Wallis says ‘the feeling among those involved’ led to the decision.
    Maybe ‘those involved’ was a very small number of people, perhaps one or two, but not the fans forum as such.
    The OS never said the FF chose the supporter/s the year, we covered this back in May.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2021
    seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:

Has it been covered?
    Here you go

It might have had something to do with recognising the outstanding input of one fan who answered the call on the 'siege night' at The Valley, March 2020 - remember the actions of the then chairman, when the staff who showed their loyalty were fired on the spot and the police attended?

• Rob7Lee said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:

Has it been covered?
    Here you go

The OS never said the FF chose the supporter/s the year, we covered this back in May.
    Thank you for that. The decision was one made by the club and Ian Wallis was involved in a non fans forum yet non club employee kind of way?
  • Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:
    seth plum said:
    razil said:

Has it been covered?
    Here you go

It might have had something to do with recognising the outstanding input of one fan who answered the call on the 'siege night' at The Valley, March 2020 - remember the actions of the then chairman, when the staff who showed their loyalty were fired on the spot and the police attended?

It was more than one fan.
    The question remains recognised by who, not the Fans Forum anyway.

• Lucy did an excellent job, and does by the way come on CL. I merely pointed her to the newly created thread as a courtesy just to help out.
  • Any other feedback from last night?