Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Q&A with Ged Roddy & Steve Gallen - Now Wed 22nd September 19:30

Comments

• Options
    Difficult for the owner to sack a manager after he told him that there would be money to improve the squad then didnt follow through until after the season had started. That's why I believe Adkins hasn't been given the push yet & will be given to at least the International break. 
  • Options
    Well, Adkins can't be sacked before he does Bromley Addicks in 13th October. That would be rude.

PS Patrick Collins tonight (Thursday) live and in person at Petts Wood RBL
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    given the current issues and the amount of people venting their views, it seems strange that there's only 87 people on this event - what else are they doing on a tuesday evening ? why not hear it from the horses mouths and discuss rather than just ranting away all day? 
    It’s Wednesday 
    There were over 100 at the end, plus some will have had more than one listening in. So probably c120 in total. It is a bit odd when people stick Qs and comments on here and Twitter but don’t actually attend.
    Maybe they’re busy 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    given the current issues and the amount of people venting their views, it seems strange that there's only 87 people on this event - what else are they doing on a tuesday evening ? why not hear it from the horses mouths and discuss rather than just ranting away all day? 
    It’s Wednesday 
    There were over 100 at the end, plus some will have had more than one listening in. So probably c120 in total. It is a bit odd when people stick Qs and comments on here and Twitter but don’t actually attend.
    I was watching our Under 23’s v Erith and Belvedere. Not my fault you double booked it
    The club moved it from original date of 16th Sep. 
    And we chose tonight not tomorrow to avoid clash with Bromley Addicks. 
    Plaudits to Ged Roddy for fronting up to fans when he could otherwise have been watching his son play.
    If he was responsible for signing him I don’t think he’s ever watched his son play. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The question around left backs was asked. There were a number they talked about bringing in (no names given) but they weren’t convinced improved us. I think there was an option at the end of the window but Gallen decided they’d wait with Soaure coming in. He impressed and he was a player Gallen was aware of for years (and he should have done considering he was a top tier player). Believe Gallen also spoke to Dougie Freedman about him. Expects him to do well for us.
    SG also mentioned it was also a toss up between Souare and another player that didnt get mentioned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    It’s Wednesday 
    I was watching our Under 23’s v Erith and Belvedere. Not my fault you double booked it
    The club moved it from original date of 16th Sep. 
    And we chose tonight not tomorrow to avoid clash with Bromley Addicks. 
    Plaudits to Ged Roddy for fronting up to fans when he could otherwise have been watching his son play.
    If he was responsible for signing him I don’t think he’s ever watched his son play. 

You may just be doing a Nepotism joke,(decent TBF !)  but Jacob is an 18 year old that should be playing in the Under 23 which he did last night. 
    Crazy to thing Dempsey and Vennings had to play in the Championship 2 years ago (because of an injury crisis) when I'm not convinced they were ready for the U23.

• Options

TS also speaks to the players, is in the team meetings, pre and post match 

Was that actually said last night?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    J BLOCK said:
    So the back room staff are getting on and working well 

TS has clearly invested in the playing side of things and on paper we do have a capable team 

That leaves the manager … 
    Adkins will have his say next week, everyone will say he came over really well, and we'll all still be none the wiser as to where the problem is 🙄
    Precisely.
  • Options

Thats what I heard last night. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phil said:

Our U23's lost to the Deres last night and as much I love them and did so as a kid watching the likes of Brendon Greatorex, Junior Crooks, Tommy Ord etc. we really shouldn't be.

Bloody hell, I'm related to  Brendan Greatorex (on the wife's side).
    His whole family support Charlton so it must be him & I never knew.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    GR spoke to TS three hours ago. TS talked about reminding the fans he's in it for the long term.
    Good to hear if so.
    Ged added its the worst conversation he has to have with TS when he speaks to him after a defeat as he's got to try and explain it
    surely he's used to it by now!
  • Options

It was said last night that TS has attended the debrief with the players. I assume that is on the Monday or Wednesday at Sparrows lane after the previous game.

I don't think  any owner would attend a pre match meeting in the top 4 divisions unless it was an emergency of some sort. I don't mean losing matches !

• Options
    Phil said:

Our U23's lost to the Deres last night and as much I love them and did so as a kid watching the likes of Brendon Greatorex, Junior Crooks, Tommy Ord etc. we really shouldn't be.

That's good to hear. He had a hell of a shot on him as I recall and probably cleaned his boots at one time back in the day!
  • Options
    Phil said:
    I'm not won over in respect of Roddy on the basis of a few sound bites. The proof of the pudding etc.
    He recruited Adkins and that's proven to be a poor decision.
    He's played a significant role in one of the most mismanaged transfer windows we've had in recent years and when one considers Duchatelet etc. that's quite significant.
    He recruited his son which at best is an error of judgement given the obvious conflict of interest.
    I know things take time but nothing to date has given me any confidence in Roddy whatsoever. That he seemingly has Thomas's ear is of greater concern. 
    That Roddy feeds back to the owner on first team games is very worrying. I didn't think the first team was in his remit. That's got to be Adkins, Jacko and Euell surely?
    I'd love to be proved wrong but I am seriously concerned about Roddy's involvement is having such a negative impact.
    Adkins 'proven poor decision' - did you say that when he finished with one loss and the upturn in form? 

Avory made the decision to add Jacob Roddy following a trial.
  • Options
    Phil said:

Brendon was playing mens football for Plumstead Maybloom when he was only 15.Very good player. 
  • Options
    Having just caught up on the full video I can’t help but feel a bit more encouraged. I honestly believe everyone at the club as our best interests at heart and nobody has any alterior motives as has been case under past regiems.

It may be the case that some of the recruitment in terms of both staffing on and off the pitch has left a little to be desired but I’m confident we will get there with this lot.

Stating the obvious I know but we desperately need a few decent results and i reckon we could get on a roll. 

As a side note one thing that did come across in the interview was that when the “Elephant in the room” question was addressed they didn’t leap to the defensive of Adkins in way that made me think he has a full vote of confidence.