Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Q&A with Ged Roddy & Steve Gallen - Now Wed 22nd September 19:30

Comments

• Options
    Blucher said:
    I find Steve Gallen clear, sincere and very much to the point. I found Ged Roddy's answers rather more wordy and abstract and the man is clearly an astute politician. He said that he speaks to Thomas every day. 
    Glad it wasn't just me.  Charlton are better off under EPPP because of the extra £400K pa from the PL... Try telling that to TS when we lose one or all of Deji/Kanu/Beadle for next to nothing.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    I find Steve Gallen clear, sincere and very much to the point. I found Ged Roddy's answers rather more wordy and abstract and the man is clearly an astute politician. He said that he speaks to Thomas every day. 
    Glad it wasn't just me.  Charlton are better off under EPPP because of the extra £400K pa from the PL... Try telling that to TS when we lose one or all of Deji/Kanu/Beadle for next to nothing.
    Unfortunately he is right though.

The clubs got offered two choices, we give you that money and we take your players for nothing.

Or you keep your players, and take the risk that you'll be able to keep producing decent enough kids that'll command a decent fee each year because you're not getting any set money each year.

Basically the Premier League were allowed to hold the EFL by the short n curlies

What I didnt realise was the fact that Cat.1 clubs are allowed to recruit kids across the entire country. I've always presumed that it was an hour and a half radius for all teams and that the likes of Man City etc. just got around it by moving that entire family closer.
  • Options
    Would this have taken place if we were coasting, or was it called to answer fans grievances?
  • Options
    Amazed at the openness with which both SG and GR answered the questions. 

Also, SG and GR appear to be working very closely together and, on the face of it, get on very well personally. 

What, if any, difficult questions were asked?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    GR spoke to TS three hours ago. TS talked about reminding the fans he's in it for the long term.
    Good to hear if so.
    Ged added its the worst conversation he has to have with TS when he speaks to him after a defeat as he's got to try and explain it
    Shouldn't Adkins be doing that or is Roddy actually his boss? 
    Exactly my thoughts. I know a lot of people want to blame Roddy, but it's not his place to be speaking about first team appearances at all. 
  • Options
    Rebecca said the Elephant in the room was Nigel Adkins getting sacked at some time if our results don't improve.

I can't remember the question verbatim but that was the meaning.

Answer after the break.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you one and all for the feedback. It is really appreciated and so good to know that we are moving forward as a club.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    given the current issues and the amount of people venting their views, it seems strange that there's only 87 people on this event - what else are they doing on a tuesday evening ? why not hear it from the horses mouths and discuss rather than just ranting away all day? 
    It’s Wednesday 
  • Options
    TS has breakfast with the players when he's over
    So would I if I was paying for it 
  • Options
    Sorry sorry to clarify something said earlier on did TS say Adkins is here for the long term?

Gutted I missed it barring the last 10mins - coaching myself 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    GR spoke to TS three hours ago. TS talked about reminding the fans he's in it for the long term.
    Good to hear if so.
    Ged added its the worst conversation he has to have with TS when he speaks to him after a defeat as he's got to try and explain it
    Exactly my thoughts. I know a lot of people want to blame Roddy, but it's not his place to be speaking about first team appearances at all. 
    To me it's not blaming Roddy, it's how accountable is Adkins.  I suppose the really question is would sacking Adkins actual change anything in the medium term? 
  • Options
    Professional, open and Honest.
    Gallen out of the two seems really confident that we have a squad capable of turning things around and when it clicks we'll climb up the league. I have my doubts.

A good evening
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    given the current issues and the amount of people venting their views, it seems strange that there's only 87 people on this event - what else are they doing on a tuesday evening ? why not hear it from the horses mouths and discuss rather than just ranting away all day? 
    It’s Wednesday 
    There were over 100 at the end, plus some will have had more than one listening in. So probably c120 in total. It is a bit odd when people stick Qs and comments on here and Twitter but don’t actually attend.
    I was watching our Under 23’s v Erith and Belvedere. Not my fault you double booked it
    The club moved it from original date of 16th Sep. 
    And we chose tonight not tomorrow to avoid clash with Bromley Addicks. 
    Plaudits to Ged Roddy for fronting up to fans when he could otherwise have been watching his son play.
    He can watch it back as someone from the football club was filming it from the gantry platform 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    It’s Wednesday 
    There were over 100 at the end, plus some will have had more than one listening in. So probably c120 in total. It is a bit odd when people stick Qs and comments on here and Twitter but don’t actually attend.
    I was watching our Under 23’s v Erith and Belvedere. Not my fault you double booked it
    Plaudits to Ged Roddy for fronting up to fans when he could otherwise have been watching his son play.
    He can watch it back as someone from the football club was filming it from the gantry platform 
    That’s good, thanks.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    It’s Wednesday 

Some of us have other commitments and having been at a game last night can't commit tooooo much to CAFC. 

• Options
    So the back room staff are getting on and working well 

TS has clearly invested in the playing side of things and on paper we do have a capable team 

That leaves the manager … 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    It’s Wednesday 
    Did anyone watch him play before we signed him other than his Dad? 😀
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Good to hear if so.
    To me it's not blaming Roddy, it's how accountable is Adkins.  I suppose the really question is would sacking Adkins actual change anything in the medium term? 
    No it's not blaming Roddy, I just meant many people have been quick to blame him and talking to TS and explaining the defeat could be seen as interfering in first team matters. If TS wants to speak to Roddy about first team performances then I do find that very unusual. 

I think sacking Adkins makes a difference if you feel he's not getting the best out of the players. Too soon for me at the minute, don't think it's fair to give someone less than 15 games, particularly when we did some decent business at the end of the window who Adkins didn't get the chance to gel in pre-season. 

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Couldn't watch due to time difference.

Any questions asked re: players brought in who are not playing? Quality of some of the signings, etc. ?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Good to hear if so.
    No it's not blaming Roddy, I just meant many people have been quick to blame him and talking to TS and explaining the defeat could be seen as interfering in first team matters. If TS wants to speak to Roddy about first team performances then I do find that very unusual. 

I think sacking Adkins makes a difference if you feel he's not getting the best out of the players. Too soon for me at the minute, don't think it's fair to give someone less than 15 games, particularly when we did some decent business at the end of the window who Adkins didn't get the chance to gel in pre-season. 

Yep 15 games is my rule too. I am however quickly losing patience with how Jekyll and Hyde we seem to be this season... Especially as we're only seeing glances of Jekyll.