Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Q&A with Ged Roddy & Steve Gallen - Now Wed 22nd September 19:30

Comments

• Options
    Compared to most such sessions, I can see this being pretty tetchy, if not hostile, and don't envy the CAST individuals trying to moderate some of the comments and questions. Or indeed Ged and Steve, as this won't be the usual friendly and fun occasion such Q&As normally are. I imagine a few questions along these lines...

Q1 Why was the recruitment so late?
    Q2 Did the budget change as a result of the poor start to the season?
    Q3 Are you happy with the quality of player brought in at the start of the window (e.g. Dobson and Clare who are hardly playing now)?
    Q4 Are you disappointed that three of of our biggest recent player commitments, Stockley, Kirk and DJ, didn't start on Tuesday? 
    Q5 Why didn't we sign a LB earlier in the window, other than Jacob Roddy?
    The answers to four and five would be interesting.
  • Options
    Q6 who does the owner listen to most out of the three of GR, SG and NA?
  • Options
    Interesting question, but can't see either of them feeling able to answer. I mean, if the true answer is Roddy, the last thing he is going to do is say so! 

• Options
    What is the right answer to that?

Adkins?
  • Options
    ....suppose that all go to him as a collective, so he doesn't know who's asking what
  • Options
    Compared to most such sessions, I can see this being pretty tetchy, if not hostile, and don't envy the CAST individuals trying to moderate some of the comments and questions. Or indeed Ged and Steve, as this won't be the usual friendly and fun occasion such Q&As normally are. I imagine a few questions along these lines...

Q3 Are you happy with the quality of player brought in at the start of the window (e.g. Dobson and Clare who are hardly playing now)?
    Q4 Are you disappointed that three of of our biggest recent player commitments, Stockley, Kirk and DJ, didn't start on Tuesday
    Answer to Q4 (or rather, the answer they'd like to give but are too polite to express this way) :

We need a strong squad where nobody has a guaranteed place. That's why we also brought in Corey Blackett-Taylor too, and he was the most derided signing of the lot by all the know-alls on social media; we note they all seem to have forgotten that now!

1,2, and 5 are pretty much the key ones though, albeit 5 is covered in part by the answer to 1. 

Looking forward to it.

• Options
    @castrust - will the session be recorded and made available afterwards to members?
    I'd love to attend but tonight doesn't suit.

• Options

We can expect:

The market was always going to be like that this year post COVID etc. & was cited earlier in the window we expected the last few days to be busy
    Yes, TS made funds available
    Its a squad game; some are investments for the future and some for the short term. A Sat/Tues/Sat/ Tues schedule means players need to be rotated/rested etc.
    Q4 Are you disappointed that three of of our biggest recent player commitments, Stockley, Kirk and DJ, didn't start on Tuesday? 
    As above. Its a squad game and all will contribute across the season even if on the bench/in training
    BP is now fit and in the starting line up. But its all a negotiation trying to find the right player at the right price. We wont sign just anyone.
    Well that's what I anticipate they will (can only) say.

Be surprised if any major revelations.

• Options
    Do we have to register again if we booked for the original date?
  • Options
    Tonight: Lambs to the slaughter. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i've jut registered and put my email address and password in but how do i join the event tonight? If i go onto zoom on my phone i normally put a meeting ID in but i don't seem to have one for this or do i just go onto the registration link posteda bove at 7.30 and join that way with my email and password?  
  • Options
    1. Do you think the funds made available were sufficient for a promtion push? 
    2. Do you think the squad is good enough for a promotion push?
    3. Did the transfer strategy / funds change after the bad results prior to the window closing?
  • Options
    Roddy: Who introduced you to Thomas in the first place. And as far as you know was the recruitment process based on data analytics for previous roles held and success of said roles. And were there other candidates in the process for the role you now hold? 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    i've jut registered and put my email address and password in but how do i join the event tonight? If i go onto zoom on my phone i normally put a meeting ID in but i don't seem to have one for this or do i just go onto the registration link posteda bove at 7.30 and join that way with my email and password?  
    The Zoom link will be emailed out this afternoon
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    The Zoom link will be emailed out this afternoon
    thanks
  • Options
    Can’t make it but if there are any questions I would have asked:

when and how did Roddy meet Sandgaard

who is in charge

what say did Atkins have in recruitment which has been poor
  • Options
    My question would be in 2 parts
    If, as has been muted, how many players that we went after turned us down?
    And if they did, what were the reasons? Lower salaries offered by us? Or not bought into the club's strategy?

• Options
    Questions:

To Gallen: 

Was there more in the budget for signings than there was under Roland? 
    What were the ambitions for the squad at the end of the season? 
    Do you feel the budget put in place for this season was enough to achieve those aims, considering the strong competition? 
    What was it about Jacob Roddy's glittering career that led you to signing him?

To Roddy:

What do you do? 
    What do you feel has happened from the end of last season, to the beginning of this one that had led to such a rapid decline in such a small amount of time? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep agree, the Deji question shouldn’t be ducked.
  • Options

Evening guys:
    Question 5 is for Ged.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Tonight: Lambs to the slaughter. 

Both Ged and Steve know it's a results business, and will be expecting different question to if we had won 5 out of our first 8 games.

Both very experienced in the world of football and the mood of supporters when a team lose and are near the bottom.

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    My quest question.

as the creator of EPPP who do you feel about that piece of work now Deji won’t sign a contract?

We found out the team the day before because of VFR, but CL members are running with this Deji story which could well be true but Charlton end Lad was the first person I believe mentioned about the Contract. 

Is this now gospel ?  Gutted I didn't ask him in my subtle way when having a quick chat at the Cheltenham game. "Deji, do you need a pen ?"
  • Options
     Not including the facilities side of the requirements for Category 1 status (TS doesn't own the training ground), Do we currently have the correct number of physical coaches and medical staff etc to gain Category 1 status? What is GR's opinion on the current state of the academy system for all clubs? Did he forsee the general hoovering up of players by Premier League Category 1 academies? Does he feel that the Deji non signing saga is in anyway due to the EPPP? Why did the EPPP not allow for sufficient recompense for clubs in the lower leagues who have unearthed talented young players?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    It's been publicised that the club increased the playing budget after the season started and we saw how far behind the team was in terms of quality. What does that say about this new recruitment system, and the players it identified before then?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    What is the right answer to that?

Adkins?
    It should be the correct answer, it's not the truthful one though.