Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Q&A with Ged Roddy & Steve Gallen - Now Wed 22nd September 19:30

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    GR spoke to TS three hours ago. TS talked about reminding the fans he's in it for the long term.
    Good to hear if so.
    Ged added its the worst conversation he has to have with TS when he speaks to him after a defeat as he's got to try and explain it
    Shouldn't Adkins be doing that or is Roddy actually his boss? 
    Think someone else asked if Sandgaard speaks to Adkins as well but wasnt paying full attention
  • Options
    Gallen has just admitted that the four man Recruitment team isnt that much different to the previous Belgian regime.

Now where did I leave my tin helmet.

Gallen got quoted £2m recently for a League One player, three teams are spending ridiculous amounts
    Are any of those 3 teams below us ?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    GR spoke to TS three hours ago. TS talked about reminding the fans he's in it for the long term.
    Good to hear if so.
    Ged added its the worst conversation he has to have with TS when he speaks to him after a defeat as he's got to try and explain it
    Shouldn't Adkins be doing that or is Roddy actually his boss? 
    That wasn't asked but TS speaks to both of them. TS has even called GR in the middle of the night (Denver time).
  • Options
    Gallen has just admitted that the four man Recruitment team isnt that much different to the previous Belgian regime.

Gallen got quoted £2m recently for a League One player, three teams are spending ridiculous amounts
    Dunno... Why didnt you join and ask? ;)
  • Options
    The owner and the manager do have a veto role.
    What's the voting strategy though? If its that all 4 have to agree then that's fine but if it's an overall majority then it doesnt matter what NA thinks.....if the other 3 want that player then he gets signed. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We will have budget for January. We're in a good place.
    We had a budget this summer too, just not a big one.

Same goes for January I guess.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    What's the voting strategy though? If its that all 4 have to agree then that's fine but if it's an overall majority then it doesnt matter what NA thinks.....if the other 3 want that player then he gets signed. 

You should pay a fiver a year and listen.

I thought Nigel Adkins had vetoed some players that had been suggested by Steve; according to SG tonight.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    given the current issues and the amount of people venting their views, it seems strange that there's only 87 people on this event - what else are they doing on a tuesday evening ? why not hear it from the horses mouths and discuss rather than just ranting away all day? 
    I don't know what anyone else is doing in a Tuesday evening but I watched Charlton at Gillingham what did you do last night?

:wink:

laid up ill so watched game on laptop - same reason i tuned into the roddy/ gallen thing  :D
  • Options

Dunno... Why didnt you join and ask? ;)
    After last night I thought I'd refrain otherwise my questions might get bleeped out.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We will have budget for January. We're in a good place.
    We had a budget this summer too, just not a big one.

Same goes for January I guess.
    It appeared to increase towards the end. I'm sure they've learnt lessons from the summer, especially TS.
  • Options
    My recollection of the discussion was the scouting team bring options to Steve, he and Ged discuss and take it to Nigel, and if Nigel's on board they bring it to Thomas.
  • Options
    Patrick Collins tomorrow night and it's live, not zoom.

Petts Wood RBL club 8.00
  • Options
    Did anyone ask about Lyle ??
  • Options
    So if everything is so great and dandy, why was the recruitment an absolute mess from start to finish? 

Seems like everything went perfectly according to them and they aren't changing anything for January. 
    Maybe they planned it to be a mess from start to finish?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    We were told AMB would get in Ross County's team. The deal favours us if he doesn't play and them if he does.
    How does it favour us if he doesn't play? Surely we want him to play as that's the point of the loan.

Or is there some kind of penalty fee paid to us for each game if they don't play him?
  • Options
    @995632

Hi 34, some really interesting questions you have raised. Have you sent the questions in officially ?

No. Sorry... 
  • Options
    13 October
    Nigel Adkins
    Zoom
    Bromley Addicks
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Maybe the Accrington striker Charles? I seem to recall they put a 2m price tag on him when a championship side asked.
    Yeah I wondered the same
    Scoham said:
    We were told AMB would get in Ross County's team. The deal favours us if he doesn't play and them if he does.
    How does it favour us if he doesn't play? Surely we want him to play as that's the point of the loan.

Or is there some kind of penalty fee paid to us for each game if they don't play him?
    Yup exactly this