Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Wimbledon ((EFL Cup) - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Scoham said:
     I agree.
    But there's blooding youngsters or throwing them in due to complete desperation.
  • Southbank said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Ha ha ha. That really takes the biscuit.
    Why? 

It's a fair comment.

He's not going to do a Bowyer and call the owner out is he?
    Because its not true. Why try to make stuff up when the fans can see its BS. Only Elewere showed any promise, the rest were completely out of their depth.
    He's also not going to say anything thats going to ruin the confidence of the kids

Its not a comment thats to the fans!!
  • Southbank said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Why? 

It's a fair comment.

Because its not true. Why try to make stuff up when the fans can see its BS. Only Elewere showed any promise, the rest were completely out of their depth.
    Go on then, what would you have said in the post match press conference? 
  • As it stands, we are going to be very reliant on our defence and keeping a player like Innis fit (no track record of that happening). We have lost a lot of goals and have very few players with any track record of scoring a decent number for their position.

A simple exercise is to look at last season. We scored 70 goals and missed out. If we had defended better through the season, 60 might have been enough. Now look at our squad and honestly attribute the amount of goals they can be expected to get (using their track records). I think you will be well short of 60. 

We have three weeks to save our season. Which with some bad luck with injuries could even be a disaster.
  • Southbank said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Why? 

It's a fair comment.

He's also not going to say anything thats going to ruin the confidence of the kids

Its not a comment thats to the fans!!
    Fair enough to not pick on the kids in public. But if you were there you will know it was truly dreadful with virtually no redeeming features. That is what is really worrying.
  • Sponsored links:

• The front 3 aren't good enough to start, the likes of Clayden and Ghandour might have a role as a final 15 minute sub to throw on some pace against tiring defenders, but that's very different from playing from the start

Clayden had 4 games on loan at 6th tier Dulwich last season, while just over a year ago Ghandour was playing in the 8th tier, both need regular games at NL level really
  • Just checked back. Seriously did Wimbledon break the substitute rule?
    I thought four was a bit excessive at the time but assumed it was allowed and they were running down the clock, which they did brilliantly second half.
    Be a laugh if they broke the rules and got chucked out.
  • Southbank said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Why? 

It's a fair comment.

That this shows we are a long way from being able to compete in this division, but dressed up so I do not get sacked tomorrow.
  • seth plum said:
    Just checked back. Seriously did Wimbledon break the substitute rule?
    I thought four was a bit excessive at the time but assumed it was allowed and they were running down the clock, which they did brilliantly second half.
    No it's been cleared up that they were permitted to use 4 given a late concussion.
  • Is he a goal scorer? No. Does he have great control or passing range? No. Does he have energy? yes. So if our other midfielders make up for what he doesn't have, great, you can make a case for him starting. But they don't. But you can make the case because we don't have an alternative, which is why I am saying he should be a squad player.
  • After all the the turmoil of the last 18 months I’m glad to see life has returned to normal and I could see Charlton play dreadfully and get knocked out of the cup early doors. 
    Not sure I can give any highlights other than there were no injuries. The squad is at least 7 players light and 5 of those need to be very decent. 
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Why? 

It's a fair comment.

That this shows we are a long way from being able to compete in this division, but dressed up so I do not get sacked tomorrow.
    Great confidence builder for the players who have to go out and play this weekend that. 

• Sponsored links:

• Maybe not the right thread, but where is the young Algerian lad we have? Wassim? Is he injured?
  • Is he a goal scorer? No. Does he have great control or passing range? No. Does he have energy? yes. So if our other midfielders make up for what he doesn't have, great, you can make a case for him starting. But they don't. But you can make the case because we don't have an alternative, which is why I am saying he should be a squad player.
    It worked for Jordan Cousins in the Championship. Does rely on creativity and goals coming from elsewhere though as you say.
  • edited August 2021
    seth plum said:
    Just checked back. Seriously did Wimbledon break the substitute rule?
    No it's been cleared up that they were permitted to use 4 given a late concussion.
    I thought it wasn’t a late concussion. It was in the 75th min, they made 2 subs after that.

Otherwise wouldn’t teams be claiming concussion subs as their original 3 to get an extra one anyway?
  • I don't blame Adkins for supporting the younger players in public. It's not their fault that they are being thrown into matches like this, because we have no other alternatives.
  • No matter what Games we are in
    its not Rocket Science 
    no strikers no Goals no Goals no wins no wins no fucking promotion ...simple.
    yes we enjoyed the Rock N Roll bullocks but we need some new fresh strikers 👌👌👌👌
    I’m not going to judge him at all yet because he’s only played two games. 
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    Why? 

It's a fair comment.

Just as well this wasn't a league game then 🤣
  • Scoham said:
    Is he a goal scorer? No. Does he have great control or passing range? No. Does he have energy? yes. So if our other midfielders make up for what he doesn't have, great, you can make a case for him starting. But they don't. But you can make the case because we don't have an alternative, which is why I am saying he should be a squad player.
    It worked for Jordan Cousins in the Championship. Does rely on creativity and goals coming from elsewhere though as you say.
    Thank you for understanding the point.